VWL Room location questions

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
A friend brought me a copy of her WL resort map. She just returned from there this week. In looking at the section that is VWL, I am wondering about room locations. It looks like maybe the main entrance to the building is about 1/4 of the way down from the closest part to WL.

I am wondering if the area to left of the entrance is all villas? I cannot imagine what else it would be. But if I am wanting an area overlooking the pool and marina area, is that the area I need to request?

It also looks like there are several entrances/exits to/from the pool area from that end of the building.

Also, when you stay at VWL, do you prefer the DVC pool or the main resort pool?

I would think the area to the left is villas. If you ask for a pool view, they will know what section would be good for you.

I like the quiet pool better than The WL pool, as it seems, well, quieter. We do not yet have kids, but many that do seem to hang out at The WL pool. I also like the quiet pool because the view of VWL is awesome!

Have fun..........:cool:

There are all villas in the villas buildings. The section to the left of the entrance is room numbers 01 - 15. I don't know which is on which side though, sorry..... I think odd number rooms face the pool. Also, rooms ending in 17 and 23 are GREAT one bedroom villas which overlook the pool and lake area, they are also located in the atrium area. I think rooms ending in 19 are 2 bedrooms. Once you get past 23 ending rooms, those are on the long section extending to the right. I've gotten pool views, by requesting them, or the last time, just asking to be close to the elevators. Also, I do prefer the DVC pool to the main pool. It is MUCH less crowded, and it had bubbles coming up from the floor in various locations, it's pretty cool in my opinion!!!!

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
A friend brought me a copy of her WL resort map. She just returned from there this week. In looking at the section that is VWL, I am wondering about room locations. It looks like maybe the main entrance to the building is about 1/4 of the way down from the closest part to WL.

I am wondering if the area to left of the entrance is all villas? I cannot imagine what else it would be. But if I am wanting an area overlooking the pool and marina area, is that the area I need to request?

It also looks like there are several entrances/exits to/from the pool area from that end of the building.

Also, when you stay at VWL, do you prefer the DVC pool or the main resort pool?

You are absolutely correct.

Even though the Main entrance is further down there are other entrances/exits that are closer to the pool, although keep in mind the elevators are located near the main entrance, so you would either take the stairs down to those alternate entrance/exits or you would be doing a lot of walking to and from the elevator, unless you get a room on the first floor.

If you take the elevator down to the first floor there is an exit BEHIND the villas that leads you out to the pool as well.

I also vote for the quiet pool at the villas. It is quieter and you can never get in the hot tub at the main pool.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

So it sounds as if I should ask for a room near the elevator that overlooks the quiet pool area? Can you see the marina from the rooms at WLV?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter