VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! Welcome to all of the new groupies! Just returned from the world. The week flew by! BLT is a beautiful and convenient resort, very modern and great layout in the 2 BR! The weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time, but we stuck around the resorts. Had an incredible massage at GF, attended the member open house at top of the world lounge (gorgeous!) and got to be on the expert panel! Also spent some time visiting my guide. Had an amazing dinner at California Grill. Anyone ever have hawaiin white tuna? Yum! Visited our beloved lodge. My family LOVES the wings at territory lounge! Saw the electrical parade and new fireworks show. Both great. Will post photos later.

Welcome back Blossomz! We attended that open house too. We were not on the panel though! We didn't win a thing! Liked the pins etc. And really liked the fastpasses!!!! If not for them we would never have been able to ride TSM. Oh and my DD went gaga over the cheesecake on a stick! Glad you had a good time even with the heat being so bad. It was hot enough when we were there.

Ooh! How could I forget to mention those yummy treats! Also texxted with Corinne but we didn't get to meet.

Hey HL and Kathy, when we went to see Toy Story 3 they showed the trailer for Secretariat. It looks like it will be a good movie. DD and I are looking forward to seeing it.

Welcome back Blossomz! Looking forward to the pictures. Sounds like it was a great time!

Oh and my DD went gaga over the cheesecake on a stick!

Oh yes - those were yummy!

Hey HL and Kathy, when we went to see Toy Story 3 they showed the trailer for Secretariat. It looks like it will be a good movie. DD and I are looking forward to seeing it.

A movie on Secretariat? I totally missed that! Thanks for the heads up and we'll anxiously wait for it to come out. Looks like a lot of actors I like too. Yay!! :banana:

How did you like Toy Story 3? I've heard it's a real tear jerker. I finally saw Toy Story a couple weeks ago and loved it. Now I have to see #2 and then decide if I'm going to drag DH to #3 or take it in solo. :3dglasses

Haven't seen TS3 yet, but the first two rank highly in terms of favorite movies to watch. DD saw TS3 the day it opened, but she hadn't seen the original nor the first sequel. So, when she stayed with me over the weekend, we watched them. Between watching those two flicks, teaching her how to drive a riding mower (albeit on my lap), going fishing, and cooking dinner together (she makes a mean spaghetti sauce), it was a most wonderful Father's Day weekend.

And. I'm looking forward to getting down to VWL in a few months. . .:thumbsup2

Great pics everybody! Going to make Tues a nice day for sure. Hope everybody has a great one!!

Im off to eat one of Tammys Paula Deen recipe blueberry muffins. They smell really good!!

Wow! A new thread! Eliza what a wonderful start! Welcome to all of the new groupies! Just returned from the world. The week flew by! BLT is a beautiful and convenient resort, very modern and great layout in the 2 BR! The weather was the hottest in 116 years! It put a cramp in our park time, but we stuck around the resorts. Had an incredible massage at GF, attended the member open house at top of the world lounge (gorgeous!) and got to be on the expert panel! Also spent some time visiting my guide. Had an amazing dinner at California Grill. Anyone ever have hawaiin white tuna? Yum! Visited our beloved lodge. My family LOVES the wings at territory lounge! Saw the electrical parade and new fireworks show. Both great. Will post photos later.

Welcome back blossomz! Sounds like you had a great trip & did lots of fun things despite the heat.

I saw that Secretariat trailer the last time I went to the movies. It looks really good & I'm looking forward to seeing it. We're heading out to see TS3 today! From the little I've heard (on purpose) I better bring my tissues! Will report back later.

Have a good day all. :flower3:

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know about purchasing the few extra points from Disney directly but we are short more than that and my Dad insists on paying for the extra and won't let me borrow. Glad to hear that the ressies can be linked.

Kathy - prayers for your family!

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know about purchasing the few extra points from Disney directly but we are short more than that and my Dad insists on paying for the extra and won't let me borrow. Glad to hear that the ressies can be linked.

Kathy - prayers for your family!

Thanks Nicole!

we tried BWV for the first time this trip, Boardwalk view, instead of our beloved VWL.

While it was a neat experience, we MISSED Wilderness Lodge and this visit reconfirmed our love for the resort.

We've tried all the DVC resorts, not including BLT, and DH and I both said that we don't want to stay anywhere else when at WDW.

Can't wait for our Christmas visit!

Welcome back Blossomz!

Wow - start a new thread and they will come!!! :cool1: I'm going to be a lazy groupie but want to offer up a great big Welcome to all the "newbies"!

Mom and I returned from MN yesterday. It was one of those weeks that was filled with good and bad. DM's Dr. says it really might be time for her to get off pills and go to insulin. He got an adamant no on that one. I believe stubborness may have been mentioned. :rolleyes1 Then we learned that my DBIL has colon cancer and will be having it removed this Wed. Prognosis sounds good at this time so fingers are crossed. And, a day after that his and my DSis's middle child had a surgical procedure done b/c of suspected cancer. Test results are not back on that yet but the poor girl is only 29. Lots of pixie dust and prayers are needed here.

On a not so important note yesterday I learned that our bank we used for our business was closed down on Fri by the FDIC. Still trying to figure out how that's going to go.

It all made me wary of getting up this morning! I'm glad I came here and got to see all the beautiful pictures!!!

Ok - off to talk to some bank in OR that now has our money. :headache:

Yes, reservations can be linked between different owner's accounts. The reservation needs to be set up exactly the same on both down to the order of the guests, addresses etc so it can take some coordination.

Oh Kat4, many prayers for your family. That is a lot to handle. Let me know if you want me to put you on the first page.:hug:

Scary about the bank situation :scared1:

Pssst. 167 days to go. This is just between me and you.

That's me, right?:thumbsup2

we tried BWV for the first time this trip, Boardwalk view, instead of our beloved VWL.

While it was a neat experience, we MISSED Wilderness Lodge and this visit reconfirmed our love for the resort.

We've tried all the DVC resorts, not including BLT, and DH and I both said that we don't want to stay anywhere else when at WDW.

Can't wait for our Christmas visit!

Everybody together...there's no place like home......there's no place like home......there's no place like home......:santa:

How did you like Toy Story 3? I've heard it's a real tear jerker. I finally saw Toy Story a couple weeks ago and loved it. Now I have to see #2 and then decide if I'm going to drag DH to #3 or take it in solo. :3dglasses
Oh yeah we were both crying! It is a great movie. Just as good as the other ones in my opinion

Haven't seen TS3 yet, but the first two rank highly in terms of favorite movies to watch. DD saw TS3 the day it opened, but she hadn't seen the original nor the first sequel. So, when she stayed with me over the weekend, we watched them. Between watching those two flicks, teaching her how to drive a riding mower (albeit on my lap), going fishing, and cooking dinner together (she makes a mean spaghetti sauce), it was a most wonderful Father's Day weekend.

And. I'm looking forward to getting down to VWL in a few months. . .:thumbsup2
Sounds like you had a great day!!
Welcome back blossomz! Sounds like you had a great trip & did lots of fun things despite the heat.

I saw that Secretariat trailer the last time I went to the movies. It looks really good & I'm looking forward to seeing it. We're heading out to see TS3 today! From the little I've heard (on purpose) I better bring my tissues! Will report back later.

Have a good day all. :flower3:

Let us know what you think!

Hey Muushka, this is hard for me to say but we may make a non-WDW trip in December. We would stay at the Portofino and do Universal. We haven't been there in about 15 years but the Harry Potter thing is calling us. Anyway is there a date set yet for a groupie meet? I told DH that I would still have to get to the Lodge to see the decorations and meet up with the groupies if possible. Also if anyone has stayed at the Portofino and can give me info on it please PM me.
We are also considering a couple of days at Vero Beach.

Hey Muushka, this is hard for me to say but we may make a non-WDW trip in December. We would stay at the Portofino and do Universal. We haven't been there in about 15 years but the Harry Potter thing is calling us. Anyway is there a date set yet for a groupie meet? I told DH that I would still have to get to the Lodge to see the decorations and meet up with the groupies if possible. Also if anyone has stayed at the Portofino and can give me info on it please PM me.
We are also considering a couple of days at Vero Beach.

We love Portifino! What a beautiful hotel it is, you will probably love it (well, not as much as VWL :thumbsup2).

If you have any specific questions, PM me. We stayed there many moons ago (10 years or so) but I don't imagine too much changed.

We need to start thinking about what day a meet would be good. :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter