VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Let me try this again because I messed up the last reply. I was trying to share my old post where I posted the pictures of the refurbed hallway but I can't figure out how to do it. If you go back through the thread though you can find it. It is from April 29th of this year and is post number 19,355 on page 968

Thanks! Does anyone have the pics of the refurbed model rooms?

I knew I'd seen some somewhere, but couldn't remember where and I can't find them now (I searched but don't see that post). Would either of you mind sharing?

TIA

Here was the post showing a bit of the room: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...vwl-updated-13-oct-2021.3242976/post-63235886

And the hallway: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...vwl-updated-13-oct-2021.3242976/post-63241870

And DLI's post with hallway pictures: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...vwl-updated-13-oct-2021.3242976/post-62925310

New date proposal for VWL Groupie meet: Date: December 6, Time: 7 pm, Location: Territory Lounge.
I get off the 3 night DCL Merrytime Cruise, and I will try to make it. DH goes home that day, so just me, unless I can convince a friend she must see VWL’s decorations. That shouldn‘t be hard.

Most years since 2003 as long as it existed, we participated in the Disboards Christmas tree exchange. I am decorating our tree now, and found this ornament which we included with our tree in 2013.

Most of the ornaments we sent were bought in Pigeon Forge, in The Christmas Place where they personalized for free.

Often participants sent their own ornaments for me to include in the exchange. In 2012, we sent a tree to BWV, and a participant sent these to be included with the ornaments we sent!

At home, we only have a four foot tree, so, I alternate the ornaments we put up. These are on this years tree.

Happy Sunday, fellow Groupies.

I don't think there will be enough people available to have a groupie meet this holiday season. So, please don't go out of your way to try to fit a date. This time is your time. A good place to get together is the Territory Lounge. I'll try to post where we'll be in case anybody can show up. Please feel free to do so as well. Perhaps our paths will cross. Happy holidays everyone!

I don't think there will be enough people available to have a groupie meet this holiday season. So, please don't go out of your way to try to fit a date. This time is your time. A good place to get together is the Territory Lounge. I'll try to post where we'll be in case anybody can show up. Please feel free to do so as well. Perhaps our paths will cross. Happy holidays everyone!
Good idea! I will keep an eye on this thread. We leave on Saturday!

Can someone who has been at the villas recently tell me what is the time for the first bus in the morning to Hollywood studios. Thanks in advance!

Can someone who has been at the villas recently tell me what is the time for the first bus in the morning to Hollywood studios. Thanks in advance!
Not 100% sure, but I think all buses start their routes 1 hour before parks open. Someone please clarify??

Spoiled BRV Brat alert:

stayed in one bedroom two weeks ago. Wi Fi was hopeless. Inglenook Fireplace never worked despite our telling maintenance about it.

but … the second day we were there, the tree was up! All forgiven.

Morning, Groupies!
Just had to relate that yesterday was a wild one at work. We only have 123 rooms, and a few of those are offline with ongoing refurbishment "testing." Yet, yesterday we had 70 departures (68 arrivals)! I had recently been trained to be a room inspector (they are the ones who do a thorough once over of every room after it has been cleaned by housekeeping), so I was pressed into service to join several others. Depending on the size room, said inspection can take over half an hour. Sometimes small issues arise such as the incorrect number of coffee mugs in the kitchen. In that case, you make a request for the necessary mug and hope you don't have to wait too long for a runner to bring it to you (also a job I do!). Again, I have learned there are multiple complexities to turning rooms on any given day, and when you multiply said complexities by a huge number of rooms being turned, it gets to be a hectic, yet oddly satisfying, day. pirate:

Have a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter