VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

On a totally separate note, I did get that BWV reservation for my college kid's spring break. She will be driving her car, but one of the other girls will also drive. Will they have to pay fees to park at BWV if they are on my DVC reservation? Asking here on this board instead of the other, because you all will not be ugly to me.:scared:

No parking fees when staying on a DVC reservation. I've read a case here and there where it was added and they needed to ask for it to be removed but that's an accidental charge and not what should happen.

No parking fees when staying on a DVC reservation. I've read a case here and there where it was added and they needed to ask for it to be removed but that's an accidental charge and not what should happen.
Earlier this year, I decided to opt for preferred parking at MK to shorten the walk to the TTC with no trams running. The P-lot CM accidentally charged me the full cost of preferred, rather than just the cost of the upgrade. When I got back to the resort (OKW), the front desk refunded the full amount of parking without hesitation.

So I got some good news from the owner we are renting points from for our February trip. All of our waitlists have come through! So now instead of having to stay in multiple rooms at BWV, we will have one room the whole time. He was also going to try to keep checking to change the3 nights at BLT over to BWV but I told him I wanted to keep it. I have never stayed there and I'd like to try it. Stayed in the main tower many many years ago but first time at BLT. Plus it's close enough to VWL for a quick visit. Just hoping the boats are running till then.
We are fans of BLT and considered selling BWV points to buy BLT, but alas, Covid hit, and with TOTWL being closed indefinite, a nice perk IMO, we opted to just keep staying there when the opportunity arose. I am not a big fan of the modern look but it grew on me. I think what I really like most is the 2 baths in a 1 bed, 3 baths in a 2 bed, the views of the lake(some views afford you a grand look at WL/VWL), the proximity to MK, when the boats to the other resorts are running and being able to hop over to WL/FW, the monorail to Poly and GF for a meal, the amenities that Contemporary has, etc.

I think you will enjoy it!

We are fans of BLT and considered selling BWV points to buy BLT, but alas, Covid hit, and with TOTWL being closed indefinite, a nice perk IMO, we opted to just keep staying there when the opportunity arose. I am not a big fan of the modern look but it grew on me. I think what I really like most is the 2 baths in a 1 bed, 3 baths in a 2 bed, the views of the lake(some views afford you a grand look at WL/VWL), the proximity to MK, when the boats to the other resorts are running and being able to hop over to WL/FW, the monorail to Poly and GF for a meal, the amenities that Contemporary has, etc.

I think you will enjoy it!
I would love to get a view of the Lodge! I didn't put in a room request and have no idea what to even ask for lol but we are supposed to have lake view.

Has anyone by chance been to the WL recently or there now? We are heading down in 21 days, and just curious about the activities schedule currently going on.

My personal vote would be no. They haven't started yet, and no date has been announced for a start date yet (assuming we hear something at the owners meeting in a couple weeks).
Are you sure they haven't started yet? They have a least done a section some where. I posted pictures of some leaks of the rooms from Instagram previously unless they are just test rooms they've refurbed.

Here's my proposal for the groupie meet. Date: December 7, 2021 (Remember Pearl Harbor), Place: Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, Time: 7 pm. Please send me a message with your thoughts or confirmation or post your thoughts here. Thanks!
December 7 is my Candlelight Processional night, and it’s for the 7 PM show to boot, so I won’t be there, but I hope you have a great meet!

Will anyone be going to the condo meet on Thursday? If so, we can arrange to say Hi before or after.

December 7 is my Candlelight Processional night, and it’s for the 7 PM show to boot, so I won’t be there, but I hope you have a great meet!

Will anyone be going to the condo meet on Thursday? If so, we can arrange to say Hi before or after.
I'll change the date. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical.

Last edited:
Are you sure they haven't started yet? They have a least done a section some where. I posted pictures of some leaks of the rooms from Instagram previously unless they are just test rooms they've refurbed.

If they did, it would have been in the last couple of days. I tried looking for any information, but haven't seen any yet. Test rooms supposedly were completed so it may have been those. I asked on another thread if anyone heard anything...would be great news if they did start.

I looked back at your post and that was photos circulating of the test rooms. DVC almost always does a couple up at the resort and reviews before getting into the refurb. It's even possible there will be some tweaks from those that were done. Otherwise no other actual start of the refurb yet that I've seen reported. I think for awhile there seemed to be some room blocking done around March but I'm guessing that dates will be announced at the annual meeting in December.

I looked back at your post and that was photos circulating of the test rooms. DVC almost always does a couple up at the resort and reviews before getting into the refurb. It's even possible there will be some tweaks from those that were done. Otherwise no other actual start of the refurb yet that I've seen reported. I think for awhile there seemed to be some room blocking done around March but I'm guessing that dates will be announced at the annual meeting in December.
I knew I'd seen some somewhere, but couldn't remember where and I can't find them now (I searched but don't see that post). Would either of you mind sharing?

TIA

I knew I'd seen some somewhere, but couldn't remember where and I can't find them now (I searched but don't see that post). Would either of you mind sharing?

TIA
Let me try this again because I messed up the last reply. I was trying to share my old post where I posted the pictures of the refurbed hallway but I can't figure out how to do it. If you go back through the thread though you can find it. It is from April 29th of this year and is post number 19,355 on page 968

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter