VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Kathy...from what I've read, New Years Eve is a crazy time at WDW. I think it is still the single most demanded night for DVC booking, and I'm sure that there is a ton of stuff going on at the parks, the resorts and Disney Springs. Where do you plan to be when the ball drops? party:🎉

The current plan is MK on the 30th for their "practice" NYE fireworks and Epcot for the big evening. My cousin and I did DL for NYE a few years ago so I think I have a decent idea of what the crowds will be like. ie - awful and unable to move! :crowded: With that as the expectation and the fact that this is not a once in a lifetime trip I think we'll have a good time. What I worry about the most is the travel around WDW - something that is not an issue at DL. Oh - and from everything I've heard I need to worry about the restroom lines at Epcot on NYE. :scared1:

Well, I've submitted my resignation, and so I'm off to ... uncertainty. Some people call it retirement. My last official day is Dec 31, but my last work day is Dec 18. I can't wait to meet the groupies on Dec 4. We have dinner at 50's at 4:55, but we'll be back right after that.
Wow! Congrats! See you real soon!

We decided (last night) to head to the World a day earlier....called and checked member services online over the last 14 hours and finally was able to secure a 1br at SSR....which area am I supposed to request if I don’t have a preferred view but want to be close to Disney Springs? Not that I’ll get it hahaha :santa:

Wilderness Dad - Wow, stepping off into the unknown . . it takes courage to walk away from what basically defined oneself for so many years. I wish you luck and ask that you leave a little of the unknown untouched for me as I follow you in May of 2020. Good luck to you and Toni on the new horizon in front of you both!

We decided (last night) to head to the World a day earlier....called and checked member services online over the last 14 hours and finally was able to secure a 1br at SSR....which area am I supposed to request if I don’t have a preferred view but want to be close to Disney Springs? Not that I’ll get it hahaha :santa:
If you get Paddock that’s close to Congress Park that would be good, because you would be near the path. Paddock is long, and you could be far away.

Some parts of Grandstand would be nearer the Carriage house and the boat to Disney Springs.

Hi fellow Groupies! I have not posted much since we got back from our August trip. I find that when we are there, I really unplug from technology other than the Disney App. We are so busy and my down time I like to just soak it all in. Then School started and it’s been crazy since.
we stayed at OKW and I was pleasantly surprised! I loved it!! We got a 2 bedroom and loved it. The buses were really not that bad. I loved Gurgling Suitcase, the drinks were good and bartender was awesome and the QS there was great. The pool was beautiful. We had HH, and had a car two days so on those days we drove to Turtle Pond pool for the Hot tub and quieter pool. We rented the car to visit my uncle and had a great visit with him. Unfortunately he passed away at the end of October so very glad we got to spend time with him.
Crowd levels were really good and we got a lot done, but were not as worried as we used to be if we didn’t because we know we will be back.
We did MNSSHP and I’m glad we did but the lines were really long I thought. We did a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and really enjoyed it.

We also did the dinning package for Illumiations at Rose and Crown and my DBF of 9 years asked me to marry him when the fireworks ended. It was a total surprise as I planned the whole night. So exciting and magical. The food drinks and dessert were really good as well.
We are going back in April and have a 1 bedroom at BLT. Hoping to get MM at MK while we are there.
Happy Thanksgiving Week!!!

Congratulations Lakegirl! Exciting groupie news for sure!
Sleepy, my mom makes squash casserole and a cranberry salad that are my favorites. I only get them at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thankfully we are off the whole week from school. It’s a much needed break. Still fighting the sinus and ear infection mess. Enjoyed watching episode 3 of imagineering yesterday on Disney plus. Impatiently waiting on the next installment.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, and seeing whereas we haven't played any games on here in some time (trivia or otherwise), here's one that struck me.
Name one (or two or three) food that absolutely, positively has to be on your Thanksgiving menu every year (beyond turkey). I'm thinking the items that have been or been made part of your family tradition over the years.

Sleepy....we are pretty much following the hordes with our menus each year. But the one thing that never changes is the green bean casserole that Mrs. Granny makes. It is excellent! Aside from that, we're pretty much with the rest of America with mashed potatoes, fresh cranberry dish, sweet potato casserole and of course pumpkin pie for dessert. Makes me hungry just typing this up! :)

We also did the dinning package for Illumiations at Rose and Crown and my DBF of 9 years asked me to marry him when the fireworks ended. It was a total surprise as I planned the whole night. So exciting and magical.

Uh, Lakegirl...you kind of buried the lead there. What great news, and congratulations!!! 💖

We also did the dinning package for Illumiations at Rose and Crown and my DBF of 9 years asked me to marry him when the fireworks ended. It was a total surprise as I planned the whole night. So exciting and magical. The food drinks and dessert were really good as well.
We are going back in April and have a 1 bedroom at BLT. Hoping to get MM at MK while we are there.
Happy Thanksgiving Week!!!
Congratulations! You'll always think back to R&C and consider it a special place. We did so with Artist Point. . .until it changed. But, R&C will stay as it is, I'm sure. What great news!

Sleepy, our Thanksgiving over the many past years has consisted of around 75 folks showing up on our property and bringing a dish or 2 of something. We always end up with way too much Mac n cheese, then the nest year, no Mac n cheese, because everyone remembers the year before. Its always one dish that never makes the table :jester:

For us, Tammy has always made hot German potato salad. Our family, formally Veitzel's in Germany, loves German food. And for many years, T has made this particular dish. Its a treat as its a lot of work. But that one time a year, we get it!

Sleepy, our Thanksgiving over the many past years has consisted of around 75 folks showing up on our property and bringing a dish or 2 of something. We always end up with way too much Mac n cheese, then the nest year, no Mac n cheese, because everyone remembers the year before. Its always one dish that never makes the table :jester:

For us, Tammy has always made hot German potato salad. Our family, formally Veitzel's in Germany, loves German food. And for many years, T has made this particular dish. Its a treat as its a lot of work. But that one time a year, we get it!
Sounds lovely! We make a grilled onion and potato salad that does take a bit of work, yet is definitely worth it. We don't do it for Thanksgiving, though--maybe we should!

Our family, formally Veitzel's in Germany, loves German food.

Jimmy...wow, those Ellis Island folks really did a number on your surname! I would have never guessed it is an "Americanization" of a German name. And the potato salad sounds excellent! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter