VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

We were in the BRV studio in January and really liked it. Our son was a fan of the little murphy bed so I'm a bit sad that 1 bedroom doesn't have it.

We will be "stuck" in a studio at VGC for at least the next couple trips, which I'm fine with. Because I know once we move to the 1 bedroom there we'll never want to go back to a studio...mainly because of the 2 bathrooms!

Very sad to hear of the passing of Richard Sherman. So many songs that he and Robert wrote mean so much to me and I'm sure those of us on here. What are your 5 favorite songs that they wrote? Mine are...
1. Spoonful of Sugar
2.Let's Go Fly a Kite
3. Feed the Birds
4. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
5. It's a Small World

Special mentions
One Little Spark
Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
Tiki Room

Sorry to hear of Richard Sherman's passing, but at 95 it sounds like he had a good run. What he and his brother did was really amazing. I'd vote the following as my favorites:

1. Stay Awake lullaby from Mary Poppins...
2. I Wanna Be Like You from the Jungle Book
3. One Little Spark with Figment
4. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow at CoP.
5. You're Sixteen, covered by Ringo Starr as one of his few solo hits

Sorry to hear of Richard Sherman's passing, but at 95 it sounds like he had a good run. What he and his brother did was really amazing. I'd vote the following as my favorites:

1. Stay Awake lullaby from Mary Poppins...
2. I Wanna Be Like You from the Jungle Book
3. One Little Spark with Figment
4. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow at CoP.
5. You're Sixteen, covered by Ringo Starr as one of his few solo hits
I hadn't realized that he wrote You're Sixteen.

My favorite Sherman Brothers tunes:
Let’s Get Together (Parent Trap)
The Age of Not Believing (Bedknobs and Broomsticks)
There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
It’s a Small World
One Little Spark
And the entire Mary Poppins soundtrack!

Yeah I probably could have put every Mary Poppins song lol The Age of Not Believing is great too.

Great point DLI....the Mary Poppins soundtrack is really amazing in the variety of songs. I picked the lullaby song as it always has stuck with me and I have hummed it many times to my grandchildren as they fought their nap times. I hummed because if I sang they would never get to sleep! :crazy:

Not sure how I missed the exterior refurbishment scheduled for BRV but we are staying there in July. Figured this group would shoot it to me straight- how will this affect our stay and should we try to switch resorts? This is our very first stay at WL. Don’t want to be dramatic but would like a great first stay and planning a lot of resort/pool/downtime! TIA

Not sure how I missed the exterior refurbishment scheduled for BRV but we are staying there in July. Figured this group would shoot it to me straight- how will this affect our stay and should we try to switch resorts? This is our very first stay at WL. Don’t want to be dramatic but would like a great first stay and planning a lot of resort/pool/downtime! TIA
We have been few times to the resort during exterior refurbs and it never really bothered us. They usually dont start until around 9 and end at 5 so sleep isn't disturbed. I think the rooms are so well built that we tend to not hear a lot of noise anyway. I wouldn't concern myself too much with it.

Favorite tunes by the Sherman Bros.
1. Feed The Birds This one gets me every time. I think the subject matter plus knowing how it touched Walts heart, especially in his last days, makes it all the more emotional and heart tugging
2. Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Its a song of hope. I like it so much I have a picture Tammy and the kids gave me hanging over our fireplace with the chorus of the song spelled out. What a way to start everyday! Plus, Walt sang in it!!
3. One Little Spark Just makes me feel good
4. Lets go Fly A Kite Makes me think of childhood and how we lose that along the way as we go about our adult lives. But we can find ways to regain the inner child in us, as Mr. Banks did in the movie
5. The Lullaby Song Again, takes me back to the innocent days. Can y'all sense nostalgia oozing in me:goodvibes
6. The Bare Necessities This song bridges a gap, between me, kids and grandkids. My SIL will all of a sudden break out in song then we all join in
7. Spoonful of Sugar Just makes me feel good

Honorable Mention: Its a Small World Nothing screams WDW like this song. Even though this isn't a go to ride every trip for me, just hearing the words brings WDW to the forefront every time.

Walt knew talent and he knew how music evoked emotions of all kinds. So thankful he made the Sherman Bros. a part of the journey. The music will live on:goodvibes

I have been fortunate to have had many military members of my family over the years to return home from battles. But others not so fortunate. Today is a Remembrance Day, to pay homage to those who gave all, and their families. I have and always will say this, thank you to those who have served and to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, you folks are the reason we who call ourselves Americans can sleep at night in peace.

I agree with Jimmy's advice, but there may be a caveat. They are painting the exterior during the day, and they are using cherry picker type of equipment to get the workers up to the balconies. They are then actually standing on the balconies to paint the outside of the doors. So it would be a little creepy if the workers are out on the balcony while someone is in their room. We tend to not head to the parks until late morning or noon so it could be inconvenient for that day.

Having said all that, I wouldn't worry about it. The work could very well be completed before July. And even if you ended up with them still working on the room you are assigned, they should only be on any given balcony for no more than a part of a day. So worst case scenario you might see them on one day in your villa balcony. And there are so many great places to hang out at VWL/WL so that will help mitigate any inconvenience.

I don't see it as a big issue, but I wouldn't want to sugar coat it either. I wouldn't switch resorts, but then again you haven't come to the right thread if you want someone to talk you out of staying at VWL (BRV).

Good luck with your planning!

Okay, is it just me, or is our thread disappearing from the DVC Resorts board? I go to DVC Resorts and scroll down and I can't find it. This has been happening for over a week now. The only way I can find this thread is to click on Alerts and follow a link there. Maybe we've finally found the end of the limitless thread? :confused3

facebook twitter