VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hi Tricia, I was able to sign on to DVC site...maybe try again now?
Thanks Corinne - i was able to sign in on my laptop so it must have been something funky with my phone....I installed the last upgrade from Apple and now all is well!

Great news, groupies! Got my report today and it was all good!! I felt like I could finally breathe after 48 hours of high anxiety. Now I can go back to worrying about COVID and what my daughters going to do in the fall. :)
I am just so incredibly relieved that this was not added to my plate. Last November when I had my first scan after radiation I was in the middle of planning a trip to WDW in January to either celebrate or cheer me up,if needed. I wish I could plan a trip now, but so much is going to have to be different before I consider going back. Meanwhile, I will hang out here and keep up with all that's happening as well as enjoying reminiscing about the past.
Thank you so much for being here for me and for caring. It meant a lot and it really did help!!

BEST NEWS I have heard/read in a very very long time. I am thrilled for you. WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

:cloud9::rockband::flower3::mickeybar:dogdance::mickeyjum:goofy::tink:

Speaking of news, we're one step closer to a move. We had a dumpster all of this past week and threw away so many things that were literally collecting dust (and cat hair!). We cleaned, painted,and straightened. . .and we listed the house for sale on Wednesday and went live on Zillow yesterday. Literally, 45 minutes after the sign went up, a gentleman walked up to the house and asked if he could look around, so we did. He used to live in this subdivision many years ago but moved to Greenville, SC. He's now ready to come back and loves the house. He called today to talk about the price, so we'll see. Scary and exciting all at once.

Okay, Groupies, have a wonderful weekend but stay safe. Be safe, too. . .

Wow. That is fantastic. I hope it all works out for you.

Question for my Groupie family. I know no one knows what is going to happen with this virus. But does anyone else feel like it might not be OK for summer of 2021, or do you feel fairly certain things will be pretty safe? Or kinda in between?

Our 11 month window will be opening up in a few weeks and I really want to make reservations, but part of me is holding back and unsure.

Thoughts? Feelings? Again - I know it is all speculation and no one knows for sure. My Dr feels confident we will have a vaccine and it will be OK to go. Yet - part of me is still hesitating. Just wondering if I am alone - in this sea of uncertainty.

Question for my Groupie family. I know no one knows what is going to happen with this virus. But does anyone else feel like it might not be OK for summer of 2021, or do you feel fairly certain things will be pretty safe? Or kinda in between?

Our 11 month window will be opening up in a few weeks and I really want to make reservations, but part of me is holding back and unsure.

Thoughts? Feelings? Again - I know it is all speculation and no one knows for sure. My Dr feels confident we will have a vaccine and it will be OK to go. Yet - part of me is still hesitating. Just wondering if I am alone - in this sea of uncertainty.
Oh I sure hope so. I'm hoping it will at least be safe for our trip in January.

My feelings change every time I read something new! The FDA will approve a vaccine with only 50% effectiveness. That makes me nervous. People recovering from COVID, including children, are having pretty bad side effects. That makes me nervous. People are still not taking this illness seriously. That makes me nervous. All that makes me feel very hesitant to guess about the future until I see something more reassuring in the present. However, planning a trip means hope and that's always a good thing. I don't know what the cancellation policy would be for a DVC res since I am not a member and always do room only. Looking forward to reading everyone's opinions.

I’m not sure an introduction of a vaccine will even make me feel comfortable to go back to WDW....too many unknowns. Once it is brought to market what the efficacy will be. I get the flu shot every year, knowing full well I could still get the flu. I want all of us to get our lives back, and don’t want to live in fear, but the on the other hand this virus is freaking scary!

I think by next summer it is likely that there will be an effective vaccine available. So many countries pouring so many resources in finding a good vaccine that I have hope for this to be contained at some point.

Having said that, I also think that the most vulnerable (at risk) people still need to take precautions and decide their comfort level with venturing back out into the new normal. I have never gotten a flu shot but I know I will go for a COVID vaccine when it is available.

We have a DCL Alaska cruise booked for late summer 2021. I am hopeful it will go ahead and be safe to go on it, but to be honest, not certain that will be the case.

We are planning as if we will be on it. But at the same time are resigned that at some point before PIF next spring we may be pushing it to 2022. We are high risk and at the very least won't sail if there isn't a vaccine [and we're vaccinated]. So many things have to happen and can change between now and then; there are just so many unknowns right now.

But we also have to keep looking toward the future and living life, however modified that is.

Are you able to book without incurring penalties if you have to cancel/push off until later ? If so, I would say book and plan but also be aware that this is that one trip that may get moved, so make sure the things you plan are things that can be canceled or rescheduled. And be really sure of the "fine print" and penalties etc. If you have trip insurance, make sure you know what it will and won't cover, especially re: covid-related coverage.

Hi all and Happy Independence day! Hope you all are able to eat some good food and celebrate as much as possible with how things are now. I have to say that reading some of your recent posts makes me nervous about going in January. I guess we will see how things go once the parks open again. Hoping you can sprinkle a little pixie and moose dust my way. I have to go for my semi-annual skin check at my dermatologist on Monday. It is both nerve wracking and embarrassing. Ugh. No fun.

Hi all and Happy Independence day! Hope you all are able to eat some good food and celebrate as much as possible with how things are now. I have to say that reading some of your recent posts makes me nervous about going in January. I guess we will see how things go once the parks open again. Hoping you can sprinkle a little pixie and moose dust my way. I have to go for my semi-annual skin check at my dermatologist on Monday. It is both nerve wracking and embarrassing. Ugh. No fun.
Hope your skin check goes well. Pixie dust and groupie glitter headed your way!!
I'm sorry if my COVID post contributed to your anxiety about your trip. Sometimes I feel like my feelings about that subject can shift from hopeful to fearful in a second. I think at this point I would just keep planning until you would have major financial costs for canceling or rescheduling. If planning gives you hope, it's a good thing.

Hope your skin check goes well. Pixie dust and groupie glitter headed your way!!
I'm sorry if my COVID post contributed to your anxiety about your trip. Sometimes I feel like my feelings about that subject can shift from hopeful to fearful in a second. I think at this point I would just keep planning until you would have major financial costs for canceling or rescheduling. If planning gives you hope, it's a good thing.
Thank you Bluecastle I appreciate it. . No need to apologize. It wasn't your post in particular. Sorry for making it sound that way. I feel the same as far as my feelings going back and forth. I'll read one post or article and I'll be feeling confident then I'll read a different one and be like oh geez what have I done lol.

Last edited:
Thank you Bluecastle I appreciate it. . No need to apologize. It wasn't your post in particular. I feel the same as far as my feelings going back and forth. I'll read one post or article and I'll be feeling confident then I'll read a different one and be like oh geez what have I done lol.
I feel this. We're all in the same boat.
I look at the groupies thread here as our happy home, and of course real world concerns do come into play, however here we'll always find support and sometimes that much needed distraction.

Last edited:

Sending prayers and Moose Dust your way

A Very Happy Anniversary to our fearless leader, SleepyDog25 and his lovely bride, Luvvwl!!!! Hope it has been a great one for some great folks!!!!
Happy Anniversary SleepyDog25 and wife. 💖💖💖
Happy Anniversary sleepy dog and luv!! Hope you are doing something special to celebrate. (like selling your house?) :)
Aww, thanks guys! I gotta say, we didn't do anything terribly special today. We worked our tails off the past 10 days purging and decluttering the house, complete with a roll-away dumpster we rented for a week. I have to say it was marvelous to walk to the edge of my deck and toss stuff in the gaping maw of the trash bin. We had ordered a 10' long one, but the company was short of them and sent us a 15'er. Still had same weight limits, but we had lots of room to just toss without wondering if we hit the dumpster. pirate: We did have a couple of showings over the weekend, so we'll see what, if anything, comes of it.

In particular today, I had avoided clearing my side of the huge walk-in closet we have, so that's what I did. I found Jimmy Hoffa. We had nachos for dinner and toasted our day with a margarita--that was the highlight of our excitement. We started watching HAMILTON. Luv made it about 15 minutes before falling asleep, though I really enjoyed the first third of it before shutting it off. I'll watch it later this week while she's out of town for work. I have to say, Disney+ has been our friend during the whole COVID-19 quarantining.

Again, we appreciate the kind thoughts from our "family" here at the Groupie site. Cheers to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter