VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Saw in Humphreys FB page this AM there is a possibility WL will be getting its own gingerbread house in the lobby where they usually set up a temporary store for the Christmas season

I hope this true and even more hope for it to be Lodge themed 😊
I saw that, as well. As he should, he urges caution since it's totally unknown at this point what it will be. It COULD be a place to sell special merchandise; however, the sign seemed to indicate something better and more unique.

We can hope, can't we!?

UPDATE! Another picture has appeared that seems to confirm the existence of a gingerbread cabin.

While not exactly a definitive statement by Disney, it sure seems like this is a topper for a gingerbread cabin. Also, others have reported that the Lodge will begin offering gingerbread cabin pins soon. Stay tuned! Oh, and we'll be there in a month and a half!

I just came over here to report what I had just read on the Disney Food Blog! Of course, I knew I would not be the first one to post about this!!! Oh my gosh I’m soooooo EXCITED!!!!

I agree Sleepy, good observation! I am uber excited for this and cant wait to see it for myself:)

27 more sleeps until I get to rub Humphreys nose and let the Moose Dust spread all over the place:tilt:

22 sleeps for us! We edited our plans and are actually heading to Sarasota on Thanksgiving Day, and driving to WL on December 2! Would love to have a Groupie photo outside of the Lodge Gingerbread Cabin!

:) Lets make it happen!

Yes please! Looks like we have the same arrival date (for the first part of your trip), but we are departing the VWL the day you arrive! We should definitely plan a meet! TOWL is always a favorite, but we had a great meet with Granny, Mrs. Granny, DDi & DDad Territory Lounge! :santa::yay:

22 sleeps for us! We edited our plans and are actually heading to Sarasota on Thanksgiving Day, and driving to WL on December 2! Would love to have a Groupie photo outside of the Lodge Gingerbread Cabin!

Corinne, you always post about Sarasota. I grew up in Bradenton. My parents moved from there when I was in college, and I've only been back one time for a visit. Seems strange, but we always make it to Orlando, but never over that way anymore. I don't have any family there anymore, just some old high school friends. Someday....

Someone photoshop me into the groupie photo at the Lodge. I'm sure the gingerbread house will be long gone by February when I make it there.

Good news, my cheer team made the state finals. Bad news, I won't be there to see it. My child will be there, so hopefully someone will FaceTime me so I can see them.

DD23 is getting herself a puppy for her grad school grad gift. So I guess I'm going to be grandmother to a fur baby. :dog2: It's going to be a very exciting Christmas here at home this year! Maybe I can run away and just sleep in the gingerbread lodge in the lobby and no one will notice!

Yes please! Looks like we have the same arrival date (for the first part of your trip), but we are departing the VWL the day you arrive! We should definitely plan a meet! TOWL is always a favorite, but we had a great meet with Granny, Mrs. Granny, DDi & DDad Territory Lounge! :santa::yay:
Hey Corinne!
We will be at Pop Century Dec 2-7 so we can definitely make a meet happen! I know we can make 3rd and 4th on our end of things work. We will be at the Lodge for a 4:30 tasting at Reunion Station on the 4th. Also, later in the evening on the 5th, after a 6:30 Epcot meal, we can make over that way. TOTWL and Territory are both great meet up places, so either one works for us! Just let me know :)

jimmytammy, are you still at VWL 7-14?
On the 8th I expect to go to TOTW to see the fireworks. I will be coming from Kidani. On the 10th my friends and I begin our VWL stay....I hope in the least we pass by each other! A picture would be fabulous!

Tom and I are going to eat at the Wave on Thursday and we are definitely heading to WL to see this gingerbread masterpiece!

Credit to Humphreys page on FB
Granny, I need your assistance...again:tilt:

Gingerbread house at The Lodge

WL Gingerbread cabin.jpeg

My DW is not happy that we won't be seeing this in person this year. Hopefully it will become a Christmas season mainstay at the Lodge!

Looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'm sure they'll use it to sell stuff, which isn't a bad thing. :)

Corinne, you always post about Sarasota. I grew up in Bradenton. My parents moved from there when I was in college, and I've only been back one time for a visit. Seems strange, but we always make it to Orlando, but never over that way anymore. I don't have any family there anymore, just some old high school friends. Someday....

Someone photoshop me into the groupie photo at the Lodge. I'm sure the gingerbread house will be long gone by February when I make it there.

Good news, my cheer team made the state finals. Bad news, I won't be there to see it. My child will be there, so hopefully someone will FaceTime me so I can see them.

DD23 is getting herself a puppy for her grad school grad gift. So I guess I'm going to be grandmother to a fur baby. :dog2: It's going to be a very exciting Christmas here at home this year! Maybe I can run away and just sleep in the gingerbread lodge in the lobby and no one will notice!

Hi Erin!
My sister bought a condo there a few years ago, and we’ve enjoyed many visits! We hope to also buy a place there someday. Just love the Gulf Coast! We’ll be driving to WDW from there in a few weeks.

Congrats to your daughters cheer team, and on becoming a fur baby grandma! :-)

Jimmy.....a tasting at Reunion Station?? :ssst: What is this about, and how do I not know about it? (Edited: I did, in fact, know about this but did not book because I was hoping for a wine tasting!)

I do admit I have been preoccupied with the sale of moms house and her move to assisted living so I am not as up to date on all the happenings at the World. (side note anypixiedust: Groupies care to send for a smooth move and transition for my mom would be welcomed).....

We have CP on the 3rd and probably won’t be back to WL until later in the evening. We have dinner at The Boathouse on the 4th so could probably meet later that evening back at Lodge or TOWL? In addition we should also say plan a quick hi before this tasting that I need to look into! Hahaha we will chat soon!

Last edited:
Jimmy.....a tasting at Reunion Station?? :ssst: What is this about, and how do I not know about it? (Edited: I did, in fact, know about this but did not book because I was hoping for a wine tasting!)

I do admit I have been preoccupied with the sale of moms house and her move to assisted living so I am not as up to date on all the happenings at the World. (side note anypixiedust: Groupies care to send for a smooth move and transition for my mom would be welcomed).....

We have CP on the 3rd and probably won’t be back to WL until later in the evening. We have dinner at The Boathouse on the 4th so could probably meet later that evening back at Lodge or TOWL? In addition we should also say plan a quick hi before this tasting that I need to look into! Hahaha we will chat soon!
The 4th would work great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter