• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I sure am appreciating your photos JT. Thanks so much! Too funny you were featured in Twinkles video!

I'm usually a pretty good planner for our trips to the World. But this year - not so much. Is there a DVC Christmas party this year?

I sure am appreciating your photos JT. Thanks so much! Too funny you were featured in Twinkles video!

I'm usually a pretty good planner for our trips to the World. But this year - not so much. Is there a DVC Christmas party this year?

Do you mean like the Merry Mixers Di? If so then there isn't. And last year they had the 2 December Moonlight Magic events at Epcot but not this year. The only thing I can think of at the moment is the Christmas DVC dinner. December went from being the only month with DVC parties to none! (more or less)

Thanks Kathy. Yes, it was the Merry Mixer that I was referencing. Love your Corgi wiggle-butt! We have a new Corgi that has moved in next door - his name is Rascal. What a sweetheart! He wanders over to visit from time to time.

Rain all week-end is in our forecast. Hope the rest of our Groupies will fare better.

Hi Groupies,

Happy Friday! Di we are going to have a rainy Saturday too (Nor’easter)......so I’ll be taking advantage of the Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas :santa: (Granny I recall Mrs. Granny enjoys Hallmark Channel as well)!

I have been on a few more interviews and have another lined up for next week, hoping just the right role is on the horizon. I am not panicking just yet, but I will be more comfortable with our son newly engaged and a September wedding planned! :love:

so I’ll be taking advantage of the Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas :santa: (Granny I recall Mrs. Granny enjoys Hallmark Channel as well)!

Oh yeah, Mrs. Granny is in full swing. We will have to delete hours of programming from our DVR so she can stock up on the Hallmark Christmas movies!

I have been on a few more interviews and have another lined up for next week, hoping just the right role is on the horizon. I am not panicking just yet, but I will be more comfortable with our son newly engaged and a September wedding planned! :love:

....I hope everything goes well with the interviews, and that you find a fulfilling position that will meet your needs! prayer.jpg

Rain all week-end is in our forecast. Hope the rest of our Groupies will fare better.

Started raining last night and hasn't stopped yet! rain.jpg

Oh yeah, Mrs. Granny is in full swing. We will have to delete hours of programming from our DVR so she can stock up on the Hallmark Christmas movies!
:rotfl2:I actually have to say I have a “few” that are on our DVR year round! Dana laughs at me!

I appreciate the well wishes! Thanks so much!!:goodvibes

Hi Groupies,

Happy Friday! Di we are going to have a rainy Saturday too (Nor’easter)......so I’ll be taking advantage of the Hallmark Channel Countdown to Christmas :santa: (Granny I recall Mrs. Granny enjoys Hallmark Channel as well)!

LOVE the Hallmark Channel! It has been so cold and rainy here I was ready for the Christmas countdown to begin. Now this weekend we are expecting 80 degrees and sunny. LOL

Crossing my fingers for the job interviews.

Oh the mug! That's cute and very appropriate for cocoa. Although, apparently I'm missing something with the Hallmark Channel. I admit to rarely watching it when I had it. Was more of a Disney XD gal. :rolleyes1

So... watching: Dodgers vs Sox last night, what a long game. Again, I don't have the channel that was running it, but I had the play by play up.

Inning 9, 10, 11 (I see where this is going, coffee anyone?)
12, 13, 14 (Forgot my sleeping bag!)
15, 16 (I can't feel my brain)
17 (officially labeled as a zombie)
18! Congrats LA!

Holy smokes... If I were the Sox, around 2am I'd have just said, "You know what LAD? We've won enough, it's your turn. I'm going to bed."
... and this is why I don't play sports.:rotfl2:

Last edited:
Got home Friday night, rain was a factor in driving, but not terrible. I do think flying is going to become a better option for us as the years tick away. Its getting harder for me to see at night, esp. in rainy conditions, plus a couple near misses with cars that are insistent that they come really close to nipping my front bumper:duck:

Here are a few more pics from the last day or 2 of the trip
upload_2018-10-29_7-42-7.jpeg upload_2018-10-29_7-42-25.jpeg upload_2018-10-29_7-42-42.jpeg

upload_2018-10-29_7-43-3.jpeg Billy Ocean put on a great show! He constantly moves around the stage, and takes lots of pictures with the fans

Moose dust coming your way Corinne that the perfect opportunity for gainful employment comes along!

Glad you made it home safe and sound JT! Love your sunset photo.

More rain for us....all week...

. . . . . . . I do think flying is going to become a better option for us as the years tick away. . . . . . .

I have consistently stated that after I retire, other than returning to Aulani, there is no reason to ever get on an airplane again. I have seen many places in the world, but I have missed so much in our own country flying over great things to see and do in the past 40 years that I just want to stop when I want, pee when I want, eat when I want, stop where I want, and avoid the "Terminal" experience; you know, arrive when they say, stand where they say, line up, get back, sit here, get out, empty your bags, take off your shoes, what have you got there?, you can't have that, you must have this, pay how much for water?, cancelled, postponed, delayed, , , , , ah, , , OK, I'm better now. Just had to get that out. Sorry. Plus I fit better in my car seat and can pass gas and laugh.

Jimmytammy...so glad you made it home safe and sound.

We go back and forth....drive or fly? We are flying to Knoxville for our yearly November trip to celebrate the Christmas shows in Dollywood.

We are considering the auto train for WDW. Hilton Head in May will be a drive.

Best wishes as you decide. Be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter