VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I’m coming by to say we are single digit dancing today! Can’t believe we will be back at WL in 9 days! This time as DVC owners! Oh and today was the last day of post planning for this school year! That’s 20 years in the books for me! Bring on Summer Break!
:dancer:Dancing with you(wish I was going too, but will live vicariously through you if you are so inclined to share photos and stories along the way):thumbsup2

In keeping with the Groupie family tradition of sharing news, my announcement is that I'm changing occupations. As you may recall, I've been a middle school secretary for three years following four years as a substitute teacher. I love my job. It's a low stress, largely fulfilling position that allows me the freedom to impact students, support teachers, and aid administrators all at the same time. I'm also semi-autonomous as I'm the only secretary in the office, as well as the bookkeeper. Best of all, it has allowed me to spend time with my daughter nearly each day since the high school is co-located with the middle school. Well, daughter is graduating, and apparently, so am I. Starting in August, I will become an instructor at the high school where I will teach classes in military science (think JROTC), English, and theater. I'm going from a relatively low key position to one that will tax me daily dealing with high schoolers. Why would I do this? Money, pure and simple. Teaching pays way better than secretarying. So, I will be embarking on quite a different summer full of lesson planning and organizing and wondering just what the hell I was thinking. :rotfl:
Congrats!!

Congrats Sleepy! Teaching can be such a rewarding profession. I hope you love it.

I can't believe I just did this. We were planning on a 4 night stay at Vero after our 7 night Fantasy cruise leaving June 16th. Well today I moved us to WDW and bought 4 day hoppers for the four of us. Not sure what came over me. I have waitlisted for BRV and BLT since we aren't super crazy about the thought of Saratoga - but it is better than no WDW. This will now be a record for us. Three WDW trips in a year!

Last edited:
Sleepy,

Best wishes in the new job! Teaching High Schoolers will definitely come with some challenges, but I’m sure you’ll do fine!

I can't believe I just did this. We were planning on a 4 night stay at Vero after our 7 night Fantasy cruise leaving June 16th. Well today I moved us to WDW and bought 4 day hoppers for the four of us. Not sure what came over me. I have waitlisted for BRV and BLT since we aren't super crazy about the thought of Saratoga - but it is better than no WDW. This will now be a record for us. Three WDW trips in a year!
Nice!! We love 3 trips to the World in a year. It forces us to relax a bit more and really soak it all in.

As for SSR, we once were a nope, not going to do it again family. But over time, we changed our thinking. We began to embrace it and now really like staying there. Fellow groupies Di and Dad helped us to pick a favorite spot to stay which is The Grandstand. Its reasonably close to the main area, not far from the boat over to DS, walking distance to both not bad. Yet its quiet over there. The quick service IMO is among the best on property. And now with DS having so many more food choices, I can justify going there again.

Nice!! We love 3 trips to the World in a year. It forces us to relax a bit more and really soak it all in.

As for SSR, we once were a nope, not going to do it again family. But over time, we changed our thinking. We began to embrace it and now really like staying there. Fellow groupies Di and Dad helped us to pick a favorite spot to stay which is The Grandstand. Its reasonably close to the main area, not far from the boat over to DS, walking distance to both not bad. Yet its quiet over there. The quick service IMO is among the best on property. And now with DS having so many more food choices, I can justify going there again.

I know nothing at Saratoga. Absolutely nothing other than it is huge, spread out, close to DS and has a lot of complaints. LOL So I am open to any and all information or advice anyone can give me. We have a one bedroom preferred booked and I have no idea really what makes it preferred other than location. But even that means very little to me at this point.

In keeping with the Groupie family tradition of sharing news, my announcement is that I'm changing occupations. As you may recall, I've been a middle school secretary for three years following four years as a substitute teacher. I love my job. It's a low stress, largely fulfilling position that allows me the freedom to impact students, support teachers, and aid administrators all at the same time. I'm also semi-autonomous as I'm the only secretary in the office, as well as the bookkeeper. Best of all, it has allowed me to spend time with my daughter nearly each day since the high school is co-located with the middle school. Well, daughter is graduating, and apparently, so am I. Starting in August, I will become an instructor at the high school where I will teach classes in military science (think JROTC), English, and theater. I'm going from a relatively low key position to one that will tax me daily dealing with high schoolers. Why would I do this? Money, pure and simple. Teaching pays way better than secretarying. So, I will be embarking on quite a different summer full of lesson planning and organizing and wondering just what the hell I was thinking. :rotfl:

Congratulations on the new position ! And may your summer of planning and organizing both go well and allow you some time to actually, you know, enjoy the summer :-)

SW

Congrats, Sleepy! Hope you really enjoy the transition.

Thank everyone for the anniversary wishes. Le and I did our usual date night to our local Red Lobster for our celebration.

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SECHEM32! :cake:

Second, thanks to all the well-wishers re: my new position. I've taught before including three years at USAFA, a few years for community colleges, and my substitute teacher gig for four years (the first year I was a FT sub thanks to a gov't grant). However, I do know this will be different--far more hours and more responsibility. Thankfully, they'll be students I taught during middle school as a sub or that I've gotten to know as secretary. No time for the weary this summer, however. My contract as secretary extends through 30 June. My new one starts in August. I'll be spending July doing lesson plans and learning the lay of the land. Big changes coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter