VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

This teacher has a few extra days at home to catch up on posts since I apparently have the flu!:crazy2: I really don't feel like I have the flu, no coughing, aching, sneezing, or anything of the sort. My right lung hurts when I take a deep breath. Doc says that Flu A has settled in my lung??? I've never had anything like this before. So no school for a few days for me. Hopefully it will pass quickly. Took my first dose of Tamiflu a few hours ago. Fun times...
Glad to see the recommendations for the Disney springs food. I may be over that way in a few weeks to visit my daughter in St. Augustine. Thought we may slip over to Disney Springs for lunch. I think we may try the boathouse. Do they take reservations?
Since DD is sort of local now, how do fastpasses work for someone that has an AP, but isn't staying on Disney property. I read a little, but the whole 7 days of reservations comments confuse me. Is there a limit to how many fastpasses she could use in a year?
I believe an AP holder can make FP+ reservations at 30 days, and those with on property hotel reservations ( or DVC ) and any type of tickets can do it at 60 days out. To the best of my understanding..

Since DD is sort of local now, how do fastpasses work for someone that has an AP, but isn't staying on Disney property. I read a little, but the whole 7 days of reservations comments confuse me. Is there a limit to how many fastpasses she could use in a year?

As I understand it - an AP holder can have up to 7 days of FP's booked at a time. They don't have to be consecutive. They can book 30 days out for those FP's - ie, it's not like booking FP's for your length of stay. No limit in the year, just the limit of 7 days at single time.

Just finished planning FP+, got Flight of Passage twice, River of Lights, and pretty much all the usuals plus the new stuff. Yikes, everyday has crowd level 10 ratings (gulp). Thank goodness we’re trained professionals. We plan on either Early or Late at the parks depending on the day and have scheduled dining frequently between 1-5 so we can avoid peak crowds. Fortunately we are ready to find transport back to the lodge at a moments notice to take refuge...this will be the busiest we have ever been and will tell me a lot about whether we will ever do Easter or Christmas proper again. Hoping for the best, planning for what’s expected. I am going to spend time in the VWL lobby/fireplace zone with a book for sure!

Six more sleeps said the small voice this AM. Then off to Animal Kingdom for nine nights in Kidani Village. But you can bet we will be visiting the Carolwood Pacific Room for an afternoon respite at some point during the adventure! We have a 5:30 AM flight on Thursday morning. Normally we would be on the road by 2AM to make it to the airport on time, but this time we are staying at a local hotel on Wednesday night near the airport. DD & DSL will meet up with us at the hotel. DiznyDi says she probably wont sleep, just hang in the room; which I knew sinse she never sleeps one or two nights out from a Disney Adventure. Why the Hotel then? DiznyDi & DD said so. :scratchin

:daisy:Happy Birthday @twokats!!!:daisy:
I second this wonderful post!
Happy Birthday twokats!!!!
party: Happy Birthday twokats!!!! party:
:bday: Happy Birthday TwoKats! :bday:

I thank y'all for the birthday wishes. All I can say is that it is unlike any I have ever celebrated. . . I had day surgery to fix a small fracture in my left arm (now all four extremities have metal in them)!
This was something I brought home with me from our cruise! I still had a good time even with a cast on the bulk of the trip.

I also want to say happy belated birthday to Sleepy and Blossomz!

As to my career life, I did not start work til after college and the birth of my oldest son.
First I was a bookkeeper for an oxygen/acetylene business for four years, then I was an auditor clerk for E-Systems our government aerospace business in my hometown, which is also where I met my husband who allowed me to quit to be a SAHM for our sweet Kati when she was a toddler (I worked there 9 years total). Then when she was in grade school I went back to work part-time. First for a landscape business, then administrative assistant for a local Presbyterian church, then for my current boss a general contractor as his accountant. The church and the contractor I did both of them until 2011 when I gave up the church to have more time to take care of my mother in her last months. I still work two days or should I say mornings for the general contractor and since we are about the same age I will probably retire whenever he does.

I don't have any trips to WDW in my plans til probably 2019, but do have another cruise on the Disney Wonder in October fir the Panama repo from San Diego to Galveston and will probably do Disneyland a few days before.

Kathy....So very sorry I missed your birthday! :( And sorry about your arm too.

Happy Birthday Kathy!!

Hi Groupies,

I know I owe many belated birthday wishes...I hope you all enjoyed your special days.
eliza61
bobbiwoz
sleepydog25
blossom
Twokats (Kathy) and Claire_ont

And happy early birthday
Jimmy and
Disney Loving Iowan!

Hi Groupies,

I know I owe many belated birthday wishes...I hope you all enjoyed your special days.
eliza61
bobbiwoz
sleepydog25
blossom
Twokats (Kathy) and Claire_ont

And happy early birthday
Jimmy and
Disney Loving Iowan!
Thank you!

I will add my belated birthday wishes to twokats!:cake: It was my pleasure to meet you in person last year!

I am sorry to read about the cast.:hug:

Ahhhhh. JT’s having an anniversary to his 29th birthday.:)
Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays ever!
Hi to the family!
:bday:

And happy early birthday
Jimmy and
Disney Loving Iowan!
Happy Birthday Jimmy!!!
The entire gang hopes you have a wonderful day!!!

View attachment 298449
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY!!!

View attachment 298450
:bday:Hope you have a grand and wonderful day, JT!!!! :bday:
Belated Happy Birthday to TwoKats & on time Happy Birthday to Jimmy!!!!

Ahhhhh. JT’s having an anniversary to his 29th birthday.:)
Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays ever!
Hi to the family!

Aww, you folks are the best!! Thanks for all the Bday wishes:grouphug:

Latest posts

facebook twitter