VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Question regarding the two bedroom corner units for you Lodge experts....Pool facing corner units are they lockoffs? Touring plans states that they have a king, 1 queen and two pull out sofas... that means lock off right? I don't have lock off but really want to try to get one of those corner units....Thank you in advance

So, I haven't actually stayed in one (because I don't get the lakeside :rolleyes1) but this floorplan shows it's a dedicated 2BR. And the other 2 floors that have that room show the same thing.

b_225_0_16777215_10_images_stories_vwl_floorplans_VWL_2floor.jpg

So, I haven't actually stayed in one (because I don't get the lakeside :rolleyes1) but this floorplan shows it's a dedicated 2BR. And the other 2 floors that have that room show the same thing.

b_225_0_16777215_10_images_stories_vwl_floorplans_VWL_2floor.jpg
You are such a wealth of information!!! So that would mean only 1 pull out sofa correct??? 2 queen size beds and 1 king?

You are such a wealth of information!!! So that would mean only 1 pull out sofa correct??? 2 queen size beds and 1 king?

Oh - I just took a look at the 5th floor again and see that it is a lock-off up on that floor. So floors 2-4 are dedicated. Maybe you were reading about the one on the 5th floor? I'd expect that to have just 1 king, 1 queen and 2 sleeper sofas as well as the murphy bed. On the dedicated 2BR's I'd think just 1 sleeper but I'm sure someone who has stayed in one will verify what the layout is.

Stayed in a 2BR on the corner years ago, and it was a dedicated unit: king bed in master, pullout sofa in living room, and two queens in second bedroom. Great space!

Thank you both so very much!!! I know it's a long shot but we can all hope for some magical pixie dust!!
Those corner rooms are nirvana. Last year, my wife and I wound up in a 1BR that also was on the corner, so that's twice for corner rooms (sorry KAT!). Due to being on a corner, the layout is naturally more spacious and has an extra balcony. Such a great way to spend a few days--sprawl out and relax!

. . . . . . . Such a great way to spend a few days--sprawl out and relax!

I concur. I love the space our 1 & 2 BR DVC rooms provide; so much more than the rooms I get to "enjoy" when travelling for business. I always empty the suitcases and utilize the dresser drawers, bath vanity drawers, etc. I have come to hate living out of a suitcase, so I unpack, but all in a nice storage place.

But you probably have never seen "sprawl out" like my DD & DSIL. There is never a flat space left, plus the floor is covered with stuff. Man, when they unpack, they UNPACK!

5th floor is indeed a lock-off. We were in 5519 - the 1-bdrm side was enormous! The studio side seemed to me to be smaller than a regular studio.

Hello from Illinois where the nasty, wicked cold continues. Minus 17 degrees Fahrenheit this morning taking the dogs out. I need more DVC points. I could spend all of January at the Lodge. We had a great trip this Christmas, one of our best really. We were very blessed on the first day within in hours of our arrival.

Two years ago I experienced trouble renewing APs online, the site kept crashing. It told me that sale went thru but it did not show that tix were current in my account. Finally after the extension window closed I called a CM and they fixed it. He told me he extended the dates to correspond with the phone call. Thus we had a new expiration date on the passes. When we arrived the next trip and went to customer relations to pick up new passes the gal tells me we have only six months remaining, and I explain we have more and I had booked a summer trip (with air fare) according to the new expiration date. She says no you don't. In short I coughed up another $350 to extend the passes for the next summer. I was very angry.

Last summer 2017 my wife repeats the renewal task but now they offer a bonus month with the DVC discount, and we get 13 month AP which moves or renewal date into August. Not a difference to us as it does affect our bi-annual trips. The only catch was we had to go to customer relations to reactivate the passes. I did not understand why as they were the same passes, just renewed. So go there and wait in line, we are called to the next window and the young man asks for our IDs. He comments that five months have expired already on the passes and they are not yet activated. My blood pressure starts to raise because I think he is getting ready to tell me it is going to cost me cash. I said that we have experienced problems in the past and I hope that this not a repeat. He smiles at me as says let me see what I can do for you, let's see what we are able to do to in the software.

After a very long time of silence by everyone (probably all of 2 minutes :)), he says I see you have another trip next summer. I said that is correct. He asks me when will I becoming after that. I explain next Christmas time and that we will be off the property by January 1 or 2. He asked if we would be leaving by the 15th for sure, and I said we would easily be gone by then. Two more minutes of silent keyboarding. Finally he tells me that he has reset my passes to the day that we arrived and with the 13 month passes our APs are good until 01/15/2019!! We get three trips out the purchase we made in August 2017. I was so happy I stuck my arm under the glass to shake his hand. Judging by his stunned reaction I think I violated protocol on that move. Anyway God bless Matty at the MK customer relations window and thanks again very much! I figure that is worth about $1000 if I had bought park tix for just the December 2018 trip, maybe more. I can let them lapse and repurchase APs in summer of 2019. Two full years between buying the passes, how sweet is that?

IMG_4280.JPG

We kept this as a souvenir. They were changing over to the new policy as were leaving. We had mousekeeping the last three days we were there. We did not let them in as we did not need anything, a few towels and a TP was all we wanted. But there was a bigger presence in the hallway. I noticed more supervisor types walking in the hallways talking to the workers, and lots of knocking on doors in the mornings when we were in our room. We shall see I suppose how things progress.

Greg...thanks for the trash removal update...and for your pixie dust story about the APs. I'm glad that all worked out for you! :)

I see a new post on Humphrey's Wilderness Lodge page about yet another change at Geyser Point.

Rumor/Update:

I heard from a very reliable source that the operations and menu are changing at Geyser Point. Recent updates to the operations have you check in to be seated in the bar and grill area. Going forward, the walk-up window will be for "To-Go" orders only, with additional seating being placed behind Salon by the Springs. The bar and grill will get a completely new and separate menu from the QS window.
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/Unofficialwildernesslodgepages/

It seems that they really didn't think the whole thing through about the Geyser Point/counter service combo situation. I'm fine with the changes, and I hope they have a real food service menu at GP instead of just the bar appetizers.

I see a new post on Humphrey's Wilderness Lodge page about yet another change at Geyser Point.

Rumor/Update:

I heard from a very reliable source that the operations and menu are changing at Geyser Point. Recent updates to the operations have you check in to be seated in the bar and grill area. Going forward, the walk-up window will be for "To-Go" orders only, with additional seating being placed behind Salon by the Springs. The bar and grill will get a completely new and separate menu from the QS window.
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/Unofficialwildernesslodgepages/

It seems that they really didn't think the whole thing through about the Geyser Point/counter service combo situation. I'm fine with the changes, and I hope they have a real food service menu at GP instead of just the bar appetizers.

I saw that Granny! Personally I wonder how long that counter service will be there. If they aren't really providing seating? This is a pipe dream but as it was likely thought to be easy access to food for those at the pool maybe they'd start wait service. Not really the Disney way sadly but I'd be thinking about it if I was them. :goodvibes

facebook twitter