VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Not yet - we'll decide by Friday - and DVC will only refund points if National Hurricane Centers declares a warning - which they haven't done yet. How about you?

People are reporting calling in and having the points taken care of. I would not let the warning from delaying your decision if you wanted to try and reschedule or just cancel.

Saw on the news where St. Thomas had a major impact with the hurricane with loss of life. I wonder haw badley damaged it is and whether they will change our itinerary. We booked the Eastern Caribbean sailing Oct. 7. Not sure how soon they can recover from this.....

People are reporting calling in and having the points taken care of. I would not let the warning from delaying your decision if you wanted to try and reschedule or just cancel.
Good to know -thanks Kay

Good to know -thanks Kay
Well - I finally got thru to DVC and cancelled my Sept 10-16 ressie...I called rather than cancel online and email to have the points restored because I had to pretty much beg/borrow/steal to scrape together enough and wanted to be sure all would be put back correctly. So sad to be missing F&W and MNNSHP this year but it's a small price to pay compared to what others are going thru with Irma so I'm counting my blessings! Now we just have to contend with evacuating my daughter, her husband,2 dogs and the new Grandbaby from Charleston to our house. We will probably get some strong winds and rain here in the Piedmont but nothing like what they're expecting by the coast.

Well - I finally got thru to DVC and cancelled my Sept 10-16 ressie...I called rather than cancel online and email to have the points restored because I had to pretty much beg/borrow/steal to scrape together enough and wanted to be sure all would be put back correctly. So sad to be missing F&W and MNNSHP this year but it's a small price to pay compared to what others are going thru with Irma so I'm counting my blessings! Now we just have to contend with evacuating my daughter, her husband,2 dogs and the new Grandbaby from Charleston to our house. We will probably get some strong winds and rain here in the Piedmont but nothing like what they're expecting by the coast.
Yes, this whole area is watching, too. While we will only get a fraction of what others have gotten or will get, any sort of high wind (tropical storm or even depression) can wreak havoc. Keeping a close eye. Have daughter and family in Melbourne, but they've headed westward. Her husband is originally from NOLA, and my daughter has been through a couple of hurricanes in FL before, but Irma could be a real nasty bit--er, storm.

I cancelled today too. Praying for all in the path of this. I humbly ask again for prayers for my brother if you're so inclined.

How disappointing for all that have to cancel their plans to experience the Happiest Place on Earth. But for those that can, huddle with us on this thread; share the disappointment, tell the story, plan for the future; for this thread is one place outside of The World where the spirit of The Lodge lives in its people.

I cancelled today too. Praying for all in the path of this. I humbly ask again for prayers for my brother if you're so inclined.

:( So sad to have to cancel when planning starts so early with DVC! Hope your daughters evacuation goes well TCRAIG. And continued prayers for your brother Corinne.

Praying for your brother Corinne!

It's been a rough year for families all around. Praying for those in the path of Irma.

An old classmate of mine lives on the US Virgin Islands. She reported that while her building sustained minor damage (a small miracle) the island itself looks as though a bomb had gone off on it. Those around her and all over the island were not as fortunate. It will be a long time to recover. Thankfully, compared to some of the other islands, they are fairly well off and have a tight knit community which is working to support one another.

How disappointing for all that have to cancel their plans to experience the Happiest Place on Earth. But for those that can, huddle with us on this thread; share the disappointment, tell the story, plan for the future; for this thread is one place outside of The World where the spirit of The Lodge lives in its people.

Beautifully put, DDad!

And prayers continuing to go up for Corinne's brother and all affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. prayer.jpg

Praying for all of our dear groupies friends and family. WildernessDad, if you are around, if time allows, just check in. Praying for some dear friends in FL., AnnieT and her DH, and Brad, Tearsa and Mikayla as they all hunker down. Corinne, lifting your brother up to Him.

Dad, words well said, could not agree more!

I'm sure you've all seen the pics and videos out of the World. While I'm happy that damage appears minimal, I'm more concerned about how the wonderful CMs who pulled the hurricane duty fared: their families, their homes. Those CMs sacrificed time they could have been preparing at home or even evacuating to ensure the stay of guests were the best they could be under the circumstances. My hat is off to them.

Expecting a little rain and some windy conditions tomorrow though nothing like FL had. It will be the third day of barely 60F for a high, much below average. Back to FL, my oldest and her family in Melbourne opted to stay. At first, they were going to head to Orlando, but as the storm kept shifting westerly, they opted to stay put, albeit at a friend's house farther inland and with a generator. They were able to go over the causeway to their home today and, amazingly enough, they had power. Lost their fencing, all their gutters, solar panels, and had a tree down on their porch. . .but they have power four blocks from the Atlantic Ocean. Weird.

Have a great week, Groupies, and stay safe.

(P.S. There is a new DVC resorts thread dedicated to the new Copper Creek Villas and Cabins. It's exciting to see it start, and I can see how those of you who've been around since the first days of this venerable thread must have been proud and thrilled to see our thread grow to what it is today.)

Sleepy, great to hear your DD fared well through the storm :-) And I too wondered about the CMs who left behind their homes and loved ones to put on a brave face for the guests. May God bless them in a special way!
Our friends in Clermont and Cocoa both made it ok, lost some fencing and power, but otherwise, unscathed. Prayers continuing for those affected and for those who may be affected today.

Well, summer is winding down which means Autumn is nearly here! I love this time of year. And I'm waiting patiently for our trip in 85 days.

It looks like we have some Groupies heading to WDW very soon, and more in October. We're looking forward to some new reports. Hopefully those reports will include some comments like "My, look how fast those new trees are growing!". :)

Hi Everybody! We are working on our planning for next year, and plan to return to CCV from October 6-15 2018. We are looking at our booking options, and realized that we can't find any pictures of the inside of dedicated 2 bedroom CCV villas. I know the master will be the same as the lockoff, but on the second bedroom side it would be cool to see what the extra closet and bathroom configuration look like. If anybody has stayed in one of these rooms or gets to see one in the future we'd love to see pictures.

Well, summer is winding down which means Autumn is nearly here! I love this time of year. And I'm waiting patiently for our trip in 85 days.

It looks like we have some Groupies heading to WDW very soon, and more in October. We're looking forward to some new reports. Hopefully those reports will include some comments like "My, look how fast those new trees are growing!". :)

My mind is now turning to my Oct trip. Looking forward to catching up with some friends & trying lots of food. ::yes:: Oh FOP for the first time too. I was going to wait & ride it with DH together for the first time in Dec. but then thought nah. :laughing: Looking forward to seeing for myself what people have been raving about. There will definitely be a trip or two to GP as well. Likely arrival afternoon. I'm at PVB for the 1st 3 nights.

Our group is busy, busy, busy with work so really looking forward to our upcoming trip in just over 2 weeks! I'm going to try and fit a visit in to the lodge before a planned event at FW. If we do I can get a video of those trees growing......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter