VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Can't believe that no one else has mentioned it : HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILDERNESS LODGE!:bday: The only reason that I remember this information is because today is my birthday, so it must have been meant to be for me to be a VWL owner. Love the Lodge!
Well, well, well. . .trying to slip by without allowing us to say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIN!!

And thank you, Uncranky, for the throwback pic from a simpler time at the Lodge. Very cool picture!

Finally, welcome home, kungaloosh! Congrats on your new purchase of CC; I'm sure you'll have years of great vacations there. Don't blame you on the extra years reasoning; if I wasn't so darn ol--er, not as young as you, it might be a choice we'd make, too. JT already mentioned it, but it bears repeating: all it takes to be a Groupie is a love of the Lodge. So, you've been a de facto member all along. Now, you can simply say, "I'm a Groupie!" :thumbsup2

party:Happy belated birthday ErinC!!! party:

Sharing a birthday with the lodge?! Seems like a good reason to visit there every year at this time!!!
Or it would be for me! :teeth:

(PS - good catch Sleepy - slipped right by me! Lots of sneaky groupies with BD's this past week!)

Happy Memorial Day!!!
I hope everyone has a great one. I know this is a day of remembrance and rightfully so. I hope we all pause at some point today to give thanks to those who paid the ultimate price and to their families as well. It is because of them, as well as those who have served and those who serve now that we can be free to celebrate this day as we see fit.

For all who have gone before us and made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom....we remember...

View attachment 240677
Thanks, Granny. JT, too, made a brief mention, but it bears repeating that Memorial Day is a time to reflect on those who lost their lives in service of the country. It's much more than the start of summer, burgers on the grill, and a time to buy a mattress or car. Here's a link to a video about the Old Guard who stand vigil 24/7/365 over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Welcome Home kungaloosh! So nice you've pulled up a rocker to join us! :welcome:

Happy Belated Birthday ErinC! :flower1:

Glad you made it home safely JT and family :car:

Thanks Diane!

Sleepy, thanks for sharing that video. My SIL is on the Honor Guard here in NC and he takes it very seriously. Once he has that uniform on, he is like a different guy. The only time I have seen him in action, he was probably on his 10th duty at that time. My Uncle who was a WWII vet and was at the Battle of the Bulge had passed and I was a pallbearer. I knew Paul was going to be there, but he did his job so well as he stood beside me at the grave site, I had no idea it was him. He was so stern, cap pulled low over his eyes, it took me back when I glanced to see it was him. I teared up with pride.

The folks that do the Guard at Arlington, they are tops. They take their job very serious, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the happy anniversary wishes! We have been out of town so I didn't get the chance to thank you sooner. Next trip is WDW, 6 months to go.

Granny, thanks for the correction. I edited and gave credit to Patrick. I think I saw your name and just had it in my mind when I wrote that:D

Thank you, groupies, for all the kind welcome messages! I do love the sounds of "Welcome home!" and "Pull up a rocker." We haven't been to the lodge since the main pool was being refurbished a few years back, except for a great dinner at Artist Point last year. We're definitely overdue for a stay, and I'm counting down the days until next spring, which seems like forever right now. In the meantime, I happily enjoy your trip reports and pictures. :thumbsup2 :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter