VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Have I mentioned that we would love to change our weekend in December in a 1 bedroom a VWL to a 1 bedroom in CC? I would love the change to actually be in the lodge building!!

Luv and I headed out for our typical weekend jaunt to pick up Starbucks and hit a grocery store for basics. As we drove, we further discussed whether to attempt a switch from VWL to CCVC. I think we've decided to try, though the odds likely aren't in our favor since we have only a three-day window. Still, we figure there's no better time than when they first open to try the new digs, and if we manage to snag a 1BR, we'll do it. Otherwise, we'll be more than happy to stay where we are. Will keep you updated.

For all those looking to change I think you'll have excellent chances - especially to the 1BR's. As one who has a habit of trying out all the new resorts on our trips that follow their opening it's never been an issue to do the switch. More than once the new resorts have been so helpful to have when other family has expressed interest to join us and where we've booked had no more availability but the new resorts did so we were able to switch and bring them along.
Studios the first week of Dec or maybe Jersey week or Thanksgiving? That might be difficult even at 8am online but someone has to get them!

I've thought about this and I think that, all things being equal, that I will still prefer to be in VWL villas during our stays. We really like that the villas are separate and quiet. I'm sure we'll stay at CCV at some point in the future but at this point we'll hang on to our VWL reservations. But we do wish you the best of luck in getting a CCV reservation Bobbi. :)

Seeing the models in April will help me decide if we'll stay there sooner or later.

Other than my apparent need to try the new, as I've thought about it I also tend to think we'll stick with VWL. Although I started realizing that most of the CCV rooms should have some view of the lake and since I'm bus side only at VWL........

:rotfl:

Last edited:
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update! Can't wait To try the sangria. :goodvibes

Boy did you pick a good time to be out of MA! Hopefully you are missing the snow all together, not sure when you're returning home.

Getting excited for our upcoming May trip. What is your opinion on online check in VS checking in at desk for actually getting a request you want?

Getting excited for our upcoming May trip. What is your opinion on online check in VS checking in at desk for actually getting a request you want?

We haven't seen any great advantage to online check-in since we typically are not in a great hurry at WDW. So we just make requests and let the chips fall when we check in. Sometimes requests are met, sometimes not. I don't know that one method gets your requests filled more than the other.

The one thing that I think does make a difference (and I have no data to back this up) is checking in earlier in the day versus late in the day. I think that rooms get re-assigned during the day due to complaints from guests or insistence on a particular area. In fact, I've witnessed guest meltdown a few times at the front desk and even some tears. If you are coming in late, then I think I'd do online check-in as it may have a better chance of keeping your assigned room.

I often do the online check in now because I like the text to room although that is still an iffy service in our experience. We're often flying in from the west coast so arriving late afternoon or early evening and I like being able to go right to the room. In general we get requests filled a decent amount of the time so I don't think there's much difference between one or the other. With the text to room you'll know what you've been assigned and nothing stops you from going to the front desk if you'd like to try and change even when you've done the online check in.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update! Can't wait To try the sangria. :goodvibes

Boy did you pick a good time to be out of MA! Hopefully you are missing the snow all together, not sure when you're returning home.

Unfortunately not. I come home tomorrow just in time for the blizzard. :crazy2:

Maybe I missed this if it has been said before, but does anyone know when booking will open up for CCV? We would like to move our December reservation if we can. I am torn about it because I love our resort so much, but it would be nice to at least try it out.

Maybe I missed this if it has been said before, but does anyone know when booking will open up for CCV? We would like to move our December reservation if we can. I am torn about it because I love our resort so much, but it would be nice to at least try it out.

April 26th booking will open to all DVC members for the 7 month window so that will still be a little ahead of the window for a December reservation.

I did online checkin for my daughter's reservation at SSR last week because they were arriving pretty late on a Sunday evening. I did get my request of Congress Park but I also had a preferred room reservation, so the chance of getting congress park was already 50%. I did put that they were arriving much earlier in the day than they actually were, because I didn't want them to get a "leftover room". I got the email with their room number around 2ish I think. They were able to go straight to the room so that was nice. I'm going to do online checkin for OKW in April. Hoping someone will give me some advice on what to request. I started a separate thread, but it's not getting much response, so if anyone here has any advice let me know. We do not have a close to hospitality house reservation. I don't know which section to request.

I know I've done this before and I'll probably do it again but just feeling a little nostalgic today:

p897240460-4.jpg

p645856342-5.jpg

p1005050449-4.jpg

p1842360615-4.jpg

p1614326489-4.jpg

in memoriam picture

http://harnessillinois.com/home-page/in-memoriam/. Note candle picture, not the site..

There should be a memoriam area put together off to a corner in the CPR where some framed pictures of what came first could be shown and honored.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not. I come home tomorrow just in time for the blizzard. :crazy2:
It'll make those memories of your present trip all that much sweeter. We're really looking forward to some pictures as you go through your camera. Yes, that was a not-so-subtle hint ;)

Spring is almost here. Pick up some flowers along with your groceries on the way home from the airport.

That reminds me, I put the snow shovel and sidewalk melt away already. Time to dig them back out.

Last edited:
in memoriam picture

http://harnessillinois.com/home-page/in-memoriam/. Note candle picture, not the site..

There should be a memoriam area put together off to a corner in the CPR where some framed pictures of what came first could be shown and honored.
I like that idea. In fact, I'm sure there are plenty of photos floating around out there from when WL and then VWL were first being built. Great notion!

I stole this from the other board. Do not know if it is accurate

Booking dates are:

March 21, 2017: Existing Disney Vacation Club owners who add-on points at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance.

April 19, 2017: New DVC members (no prior ownership) who purchase at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance. Sales to this group will open on April 5.

April 26. 2017: Reservations open to all DVC owners, subject to the normal 7 month window. On April 26, non-owners will have access to all available nights from the July 17 opening through November 26 (7 months from April 26.)

We are going late June to early July (independence day in there), nine nights in 1 BR. The other post said CCV opens 07/17(?). If so we won't be able move the ressie over there.

Christmas trip is a studio, and I don't think there is much hope of switching to CCV with a 12/23 check in date. We don't fret about it.

Going home at Easter for five nights and again for our first 1BR stay at VWL.We are counting ourselves blessed. Back again in December. I am so happy construction is nearly over.

Christmas trip is a studio, and I don't think there is much hope of switching to CCV with a 12/23 check in date. We don't fret about it.

I really wouldn't count it out. There are not going to be a lot of points sold and not everyone wants to travel over Christmas. I think there's a decent chance to make the switch.

facebook twitter