VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Just a little FYI - Mouse House Radio plays Wilderness Lodge Music every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 1. I am not sure if that is central or eastern. Sorry about that. You can listen by going to the website and clicking on the player.

You can also listen mobile by downloading the stream licensing app on your iphone or android

Just a little FYI - Mouse House Radio plays Wilderness Lodge Music every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 1. I am not sure if that is central or eastern. Sorry about that. You can listen by going to the website and clicking on the player.

You can also listen mobile by downloading the stream licensing app on your iphone or android

Thanks Jen! I'll have to check that out. I downloaded much of the music a few years ago and it's usually my go to whenever I'm flying as well as other times. I'll have to see what I'm missing from my mix. :)

Good to know! Like KAT, I have my own trove of WL music which I put on a CD, as well, so that when we head south to the World, we have it ready. We play Disney music starting at the FL state line (if not a bit before), then as we hit the Orlando area, the Lodge music comes out. In fact, I have certain songs I like to play at certain landmarks, such as the theme from Quigley Down Under when we turn onto Timberline Drive. Soon!

Hey, hope this is the right forum to post in. Thinking of doing a split stay the first week in October, 4 nights in Old Key West GV, followed by 4 nights in Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom. I'm sure Disney is being deliberately vague on the construction timeline, but any feelings on how much construction may still be happening in October? Enough I should consider another resort? Wilderness is certainly one of my favorites!

Hey, hope this is the right forum to post in. Thinking of doing a split stay the first week in October, 4 nights in Old Key West GV, followed by 4 nights in Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom. I'm sure Disney is being deliberately vague on the construction timeline, but any feelings on how much construction may still be happening in October? Enough I should consider another resort? Wilderness is certainly one of my favorites!

There's no end date announced so this is just my best guess but I think the majority will be done - definitely the majority that has been obvious around the resort. The pool was announced to be opening this summer. Geyser Point has now opened. Roaring Fork is supposed to be reopened too I believe.

Welcome the the groupies NCGator!!!!
I think you will be fine by Oct. I wouldn't hesitate to stay as I believe the only thing still under construction will be the cabins and imagine the finishing touches will be happening by then.

Have a Happy Birthday PiratesLife!!!! :cake:

And let me add my welcome, ncgator! Certainly, this is a great forum to ask questions about VWL, in particular, and the Lodge, in general. There is also a forum in the Disney Resorts section dedicated mostly to the main Lodge, but they have lots of great information there, as well. I agree with JT and KAT in that all signs are beginning to point toward construction finishing some time later this year, though I suspect some finishing touches could lag into early 2018. Regardless, the Lodge has been a delightful place to stay even with construction, so I'm sure you'd enjoy yourself no matter how far along they are.

Last edited:
OK Groupies May 2017 - do we have a day, time, place set? DDad and I are looking at some potential dining reservations. Groupies have first priority!

We're still looking at our schedule to see about times for a meet in May, and while I don't mean to be the bell cow for this event, I'll post what we determine so that possibly we can meet some Groupies!

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know a few possible dates in case a bonus trip can be planned. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter