VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

New DVC member just closed at the beginning of the Dec. and booked a few days after at VWL for July 9-17 in a studio. There are 4 of us DH Sean, myself and our two kids Zach 17 and Lacey 10. This is our first stay at a dvc/deluxe resort. We usually stayed at mods and values. So this is all new to us. We are very excited to plan our first dvc vacation.
Welcome and congratulations!!!You will be so very happy with your decision!!!! This group is amazing and filled with nice people who are very knowledgeable!!!!

Thanks for the updated pictures.

Our sad time continues...mom and Bill (brother in law) continue in Hospice. Mom began a deep decline on her 97th birthday last week. We are in Cape May now.
Sorry to hear the news. Continued thoughts for you and your family.

Thank you for all kind words here. Today mom rallied, no other word for it. I and Nancy sincerely appreciate all those who work in nursing homes and Hospice. They deal with patients and bewildered families and manage to keep their sanity.

We are heading home to Dayton now.. there are things we have to deal with.

Some of you know we have vacation plans... DH and I have different ideas, we need compromise!

New DVC member just closed at the beginning of the Dec. and booked a few days after at VWL for July 9-17 in a studio. There are 4 of us DH Sean, myself and our two kids Zach 17 and Lacey 10. This is our first stay at a dvc/deluxe resort. We usually stayed at mods and values. So this is all new to us. We are very excited to plan our first dvc vacation.
Welcome to our Groupies thread, and congratulations on becoming DVC members! You've chosen a lovely resort to start your magical adventures, and let me be one of the first to say, Welcome Home!

If you've not done so already, hopefully you'll go back to our first page and read up a little about our group. As Lakegirl suggests, we are a friendly bunch, and in many instances, Groupies have become family or very near to it. We do like to pride ourselves on being the friendliest group on the DIS, and we always welcome others with open arms.* If you need help planning your stay at VWL, there are many with years upon years of experience at our beloved Lodge, so feel free to ask any questions you want. Please feel free to jump right in since our only requirement to be a Groupie is a love of the Lodge whether or not you own here.** If you like, we'll be glad to post your trip plans on Page 1 (just PM me), and you can also get added to the anniversary/birthday section on Page 1 by PMing KAT4DISNEY. OR, you can choose to do neither and just pull up a rocker, grab your favorite libation, and join in our discussions which range from trips to work to family and all topics in between. Spittoons are optional. Again, welcome Laura (Sean, Zach, and Lacey, too) and we hope to see you here often. :thumbsup2

jade: Great pics! Thank you! It's a little sad to see all the cabins along what was once a pristinely unspoiled shore line, but I know I gotta grow up about it. (Still always going to the older sections VWL. . .just saying. . .)

greg: Stay safe and enjoy your vacation!! Some of us still have 4
1/2 months to go. . .:rolleyes1

*Speaking of, just palm me a $50 bill and that will take care of all the registration fees for the Groupies. . .just don't tell any of the others, ok?
**See above.

Until construction of the new villas is complete, what is the current shortest route for guests staying at Boulder Ridge to get to the main pool? Through the lobby?

Sorry if my question has already been asked and answered, but a thread search did not return the results I was hoping for.

Thanks!

@jade1 - thanks for the pictures. Seeing those bungalows all in a row though - ugg!

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for the great info. That will help alot. Can't really ride the Space Montain in DW because it's too rough so I can't wait to ride it in DL! Unfortunetly we lost our foster corgi to DM in august. That was really hard and we still miss her tons. Hope you and your babies are doing well.

Oh yes - SM is so much easier to ride at DL! I wish WDW had followed thru with their plans to make the same change.

I'm sorry to hear about your foster. :sad1: Our oldest (13 1/2) is also exhibiting some signs of DM. We've ruled out vertebrae issues and our vet was saying he could refer us elsewhere for MRI but there doesn't seem to be a lot to be done anyway so we have not taken that step and we're just taking a wait and see approach right now. He had one night a couple months ago of not being able to use his hind end but some anti-inflammatories got him back on his feet.

Congrats and Welcome Home! :cheer2:

Thank you for all kind words here. Today mom rallied, no other word for it. I and Nancy sincerely appreciate all those who work in nursing homes and Hospice. They deal with patients and bewildered families and manage to keep their sanity.

We are heading home to Dayton now.. there are things we have to deal with.

Some of you know we have vacation plans... DH and I have different ideas, we need compromise!

Good news on your mother and I hope things improve on the other fronts too! :hug:

Last edited:
Until construction of the new villas is complete, what is the current shortest route for guests staying at Boulder Ridge to get to the main pool? Through the lobby?

Sorry if my question has already been asked and answered, but a thread search did not return the results I was hoping for.

Thanks!

The lobby would be the shortest and pretty much the only route to the pool.

Welcome lauralarissa ! welcome3.gif We look forward to hearing from you as you plan your trip and enjoy your first stay as a DVC owner! I think the drop down bed in the studios will come in very handy for a group such as yours. :)

An update....

The DVC Website is AGAIN having issues.

Scenario: You attempt to pay DUES online with a CC. Your CCV STARTS with a ZERO.

FAIL - known issue with the DVC Website. You will see a CC Charge, followed within seconds by a CC debit. STOP re-entering....

The problem: DO NOT KEEP DOING THIS - your CC company, if they are good, will LOCK your account - perceiving an attack.

Instead? IF you have a CCV starting with a "Zero"? CALL CALL CALL CALL... Happened to us, Agent asked RIGHT out if our CCV started with a Zero, fessed up ("IT is having an issue")..... Basically? If your CCs CCV starts with a ZERO - CALL Member Services. Online Billing is broken. Again.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong - do what you choose to do.

An update....

The DVC Website is AGAIN having issues.

Scenario: You attempt to pay DUES online with a CC. Your CCV STARTS with a ZERO.

FAIL - known issue with the DVC Website. You will see a CC Charge, followed within seconds by a CC debit. STOP re-entering....

The problem: DO NOT KEEP DOING THIS - your CC company, if they are good, will LOCK your account - perceiving an attack.

Instead? IF you have a CCV starting with a "Zero"? CALL CALL CALL CALL... Happened to us, Agent asked RIGHT out if our CCV started with a Zero, fessed up ("IT is having an issue")..... Basically? If your CCs CCV starts with a ZERO - CALL Member Services. Online Billing is broken. Again.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong - do what you choose to do.
Thanks for the warning. I do wait closer to the deadline.

Stopped by yesterday.

377e403e-7dbf-4ae9-9dbd-ef600f838340.jpg

Wow that's a lot of cabins ... all in a row

I'll be at WDW next week with plans to visit my beloved lodge. I'll take lots of pictures and post. This will be my first visit during the construction and I'm hoping my heart can bear all of the changes :(

Prayers being said for you and your family Bobbi...

Welcome to the group! This is a great group of people.

Welcome and congratulations!!!You will be so very happy with your decision!!!! This group is amazing and filled with nice people who are very knowledgeable!!!!
Thank you! I'm sure I will have lots of questions! We are new to the DVC and the resorts!

We are just days away from being able to book our first DVC vacation. My husband and I are taking my mother and our son who will be 2 at the time. We also convinced our son's Godfather to come along with us (he has never been to WDW before) and he will stay in the main lodge. I think this will be our best trip yet! Anyone traveled with a party where some stayed in the main lodge and others stayed in the villas?

Welcome to our Groupies thread, and congratulations on becoming DVC members! You've chosen a lovely resort to start your magical adventures, and let me be one of the first to say, Welcome Home!

If you've not done so already, hopefully you'll go back to our first page and read up a little about our group. As Lakegirl suggests, we are a friendly bunch, and in many instances, Groupies have become family or very near to it. We do like to pride ourselves on being the friendliest group on the DIS, and we always welcome others with open arms.* If you need help planning your stay at VWL, there are many with years upon years of experience at our beloved Lodge, so feel free to ask any questions you want. Please feel free to jump right in since our only requirement to be a Groupie is a love of the Lodge whether or not you own here.** If you like, we'll be glad to post your trip plans on Page 1 (just PM me), and you can also get added to the anniversary/birthday section on Page 1 by PMing KAT4DISNEY. OR, you can choose to do neither and just pull up a rocker, grab your favorite libation, and join in our discussions which range from trips to work to family and all topics in between. Spittoons are optional. Again, welcome Laura (Sean, Zach, and Lacey, too) and we hope to see you here often. :thumbsup2

*Speaking of, just palm me a $50 bill and that will take care of all the registration fees for the Groupies. . .just don't tell any of the others, ok?
**See above.

Thank you so much for the warm reception! I have been looking at the first few pages. The lodge looks beautiful! I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.

Welcome lauralarissa ! View attachment 211831 We look forward to hearing from you as you plan your trip and enjoy your first stay as a DVC owner! I think the drop down bed in the studios will come in very handy for a group such as yours. :)
Thank you! Yes the drop down bed will be good for us! No kids fussing about sleeping in the same bed with the other! That's one less stress on the trip!

We are just days away from being able to book our first DVC vacation. My husband and I are taking my mother and our son who will be 2 at the time. We also convinced our son's Godfather to come along with us (he has never been to WDW before) and he will stay in the main lodge. I think this will be our best trip yet! Anyone traveled with a party where some stayed in the main lodge and others stayed in the villas?
No, we've never had anyone right next door in the main Lodge, but I can't imagine it will be any problem as close to each other as they are. Congrats on booking your first DVC trip!

Forgive me if this has been covered, for I haven't read through the thread...But does anyone know how far they are with the construction. Specifically the new pool area....I'm thinking about a possible 3 niter here late summer and was wondering if I should just forego it for now, Or if most is/will be done, then go for it...
T.I.A. Dizdad

facebook twitter