VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

It was better than it was at the beginning and getting a bit better but I had a big setback today. I still was having some pain and had to still use a muscle relaxer and pain cream. I was starting to think maybe I was getting there even though it was taking forever. It had gotten to the point where it was very intermittent.
I'm sorry to hear that it set back in - perhaps something else aggravated your muscles?
Fingers crossed you'll get past this soon.

I'm sorry to hear that it set back in - perhaps something else aggravated your muscles?
Fingers crossed you'll get past this soon.
Really not sure why it happened initially. Today though I had PT and when he was doing the massage I was having some pain in my ribs in the front and when he put pressure on my ribs in the back I felt a pop and a sharp pain and now it's like I'm back at zero again. Gonna call my doctor tomorrow.

Really not sure why it happened initially. Today though I had PT and when he was doing the massage I was having some pain in my ribs in the front and when he put pressure on my ribs in the back I felt a pop and a sharp pain and now it's like I'm back at zero again. Gonna call my doctor tomorrow.
Yeah, the doctor is the best place to start. From experience, one of the hardest areas to heal is the chest/rib cage area. They are slow healing anyway due to the need to constantly use them, that area and your attached trunk being the basis for most movement. Isolating the area is extremely difficult for that reason. First relying on whatever the doctor tells you to do, my follow up suggestion would be similar to most any other musculature/ligament strain: ice it regularly (one of those freezable packs will do, followed by heat, coupled with ibuprofen (or similar NSAID), and if possible, wrap it before beginning your day. Trouble? Yes. Helpful, again without hearing what your doc tells you, also a yes. Best wishes going forward. ;)

DLI
You've been given some good advice. Icing for sure helps swelling and inflammation go down. Ive had cracked/bruised ribs for years. Ive learned over time how not to move, yet, I still forget every so often. Stretching my arms upward can throw me for a loop,and makes me feel as if I'm having a heart attack.

I think the main advice I can give, the times I have cracked ribs, it takes a long time, maybe 4-5 mos. to heal to a point it no longer bothers me. Being in construction means I have to move in some precarious ways at times, into cabinet spaces that aren't made for a man my size, lifting heavy stuff, etc. Only saying this to maybe allow you to think through your normal daily activities, is there a way to do these things, but differently, to maybe not aggravate the pain?

Maybe try a Tens unit(bought my 1st one at the Chiropractor, 2nd one came from my daughter who is a Doula, that one packs a punch)Arnica gel is a good, non odor, ointment. Boiron brand makes pellets that melt under your tongue. Arnica pellets, along with Rhux Tox, Bryonia and Hypericum are all good ones that work for me when Im in intense pain. All Homeopathic products. Be sure to get the 30C, they are stronger and more effective. These will give 0 side effects and can be taken often throughout the day. No bad taste.

When I first went to the doctor she said I had a muscle strain. I was doing ice and heat at first but stopped when things started getting better. Same with the Naproxen she prescribed. I go between using Arnica and Icy Hot with lidocaine. I also take a muscle relaxer. I was all the way back to about 90% until yesterday. I was able to do almost everything again that I hadn't been able to do. So I'm at physical therapy yesterday and the pt is massaging my back and I was getting some pain in my ribs in the front. I told him this but he wasn't concerned. Then he pushed on my back and I felt a big pop in my ribs in the front and a sharp pain. So now I'm worried that maybe he cracked my rib. I called my doctor and I'm waiting to hear back. I also set an appointment at an urgent care just in case. I'm just so frustrated. It was hard enough that it was taking so long to recover but now I'm back at square one again. Thank you everyone for the support. Love you guys.

Another get to know you kind of game

What is your favorite restaurant(s) at WDW and your go to meal there

Mine is simple…50s PTC, fried chicken followed up with a PB&J milkshake

Heading down memory lane...Your 1st DVC trip, where did you stay and what's a memory (or memories) you took away with you
Our first DVC stay was VWL. We had stayed on the hotel side once before and it was our first home resort and stay as members. We had always loved the lodge but it was our son’s first trip (2 at the time) and making Disney memories with him at the lodge was just magical.

It USED to be the smoked mushroom bisque from Artist Point, then their cedar plank salmon, and ending with the fresh berry cobbler. :rolleyes1

Now, I'd have to go with naan bread service at Sanaa with all 9 accompaniments, and then if I actually need more food after that, the butter chicken. Chase those down with a glass South African Pinotage--perfect. All the while, you get to watch the animals on the savannah. pirate:

It USED to be the smoked mushroom bisque from Artist Point, then their cedar plank salmon, and ending with the fresh berry cobbler. :rolleyes1

Now, I'd have to go with naan bread service at Sanaa with all 9 accompaniments, and then if I actually need more food after that, the butter chicken. Chase those down with a glass South African Pinotage--perfect. All the while, you get to watch the animals on the savannah. pirate:
Oh yes! The Naan bread and butter chicken are among our faves too
Dare I say that would be Tammy’s favorite meal at all of WDW

Counter service: we love the fish from the Yorkshire counter. It's just fried fish, but there's something incredibly relaxing about sitting adjacent to Rose & Crown, looking out over the water with a rare treat :) It's best when the sea gulls aren't stalking us 😂

* Giving an honorary mention to Skipper's Canteen which we experienced on our last trip. The food was quite good, and the environment was a wonderful, unexpected surprise. It was so nice to try something new.

Last edited:

Tiffins in AK has become a solid choice for us or I do really like the bowls at Satu'li Canteen too. Then the last 2 trips had dinners at 2 new locations and they were fabulous. One was Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and this past trip was Space 220. Other than Space 220 needing to purchase knives that can cut meat it was the best meal of the trip. I'll hope to get in there again in October.
My favorite quick service ahead of Satu'li was a victim of the pandemic - Tangerine Cafe. Loved their gyros.

@sleepydog25 - I had the mushroom bisque this trip and my nephew also had the salmon at the Snow White dinner. Slightly different atmosphere of course.

Yachtsman Steakhouse. French onion soup to start, followed by the ribeye with peppercorn sauce accompanied by the roasted mushrooms and truffle mac and cheese or mashed potatoes (or both, LOL). Close it out with coffee and the chocolate cake.

Plenty of other restaurants offer very unique and interesting dishes that expand your palate, and I love experiencing them, but if we're talking favorite, go-to, can't go wrong meal, it's Yachtsman.

I feel like I can officially "join" this group now as our BRV contract passed ROFR today!! Woot woot!! 🥳🍾🥂🎉 First time members and we are stoked!!

Well hellooooo neighbors!! :wave:
:welcome: , MsChristy! We're "officially" glad you joined us--I used quote marks because anyone who loves the Lodge is a member which is pretty much everyone who visits this thread and joins in the fun topics, trivia, and answering inquiries by those looking for info on VWL. So, you didn't have to own here, but now that you passed ROFR, we know you have to be so very excited, and we are excited for you!

Pull up a rocker, a spittoon, and grab your favorite beverage--WELCOME HOME!!

Tiffins in AK has become a solid choice for us or I do really like the bowls at Satu'li Canteen too. Then the last 2 trips had dinners at 2 new locations and they were fabulous. One was Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and this past trip was Space 220. Other than Space 220 needing to purchase knives that can cut meat it was the best meal of the trip. I'll hope to get in there again in October.
My favorite quick service ahead of Satu'li was a victim of the pandemic - Tangerine Cafe. Loved their gyros.

@sleepydog25 - I had the mushroom bisque this trip and my nephew also had the salmon at the Snow White dinner. Slightly different atmosphere of course.
Yes, Tiffin's almost was my answer--that whole fried fish is truly memorable! But, if I had to choose between those two, I'd go with Sanaa and its atmosphere (and it's not in a park). Interesting about the bisque, but there's no way I'm going to a character meal anytime soon. . .

:welcome: , MsChristy! We're "officially" glad you joined us--I used quote marks because anyone who loves the Lodge is a member which is pretty much everyone who visits this thread and joins in the fun topics, trivia, and answering inquiries by those looking for info on VWL. So, you didn't have to own here, but now that you passed ROFR, we know you have to be so very excited, and we are excited for you!

Pull up a rocker, a spittoon, and grab your favorite beverage--WELCOME HOME!!
:thanks: we never thought we would become members! If you were to ask me even just last year at this time, the answer would have been straight up a no. But the more research I did we realized it actually makes sense for us!
We are beyond thrilled!

Heading down memory lane...Your 1st DVC trip, where did you stay and what's a memory (or memories) you took away with you

We stayed at VWL(we bought site unseen)and I remember pulling up to the Lodge in a town car service and getting that wow factor. Then stepping inside and seeing the mass enormity of the place, looking up and just being overwhelmed with emotions that we owned a small piece of this place
Rented points in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower.

Our first official stay as members was a split stay for Christmas. 4 days at AKV Kidani and 3 nights at VGF both in 2 bedrooms. We always Stayed in 2 bedrooms off property so wanted to keep that the same but come on property. So far it’s been great.

Mine changed since our last trip.

Before the last trip, it was always The Hollywood Brown Derby - their famous Cobb Salad, Grapefruit Cake Martini!
Now it is Steakhouse 71 - French Onion Soup, Crab Cakes and a French 71!! (their version of the French 75, instead of gin, they use Courvoisier Vs Cognac! So good!)

Latest posts

facebook twitter