VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

No! I hadn't heard that. After the ignition of Malificent in the MK parade, I'd have thought they'd have reviewed all fire being used throughout all shows and added extra reviews.

I suppose parts fail. Sets can be rebuilt. I'm hoping no one was hurt.
I have seen they are gonna do that now even at WDW. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Poor Mickey was standing right there next to the dragon when it started.

Drum roll please.........we were assigned a lakeview room!!! 2nd floor but I'd guess we'll see some blue.
Now, it comes with a twist......I'm not actually there.:rolleyes: :rotfl2:

The well pump at our place went out mid Friday afternoon. Horses and the person taking care of them meant I couldn't just leave it until I got home so I cancelled my flight today. The well people were here bright and early this morning but they had an issue pulling the pump and had to return to the shop to get a piece to try again. And then they went on a couple other water out calls until it was too late to do anything else other than to come and try and get the pump out. That was disappointing and confusing since I'd been out since Friday. :confused: It finally released and they'll be back in the morning. I've got a red-eye booked to arrive Monday morning but am crossing fingers I can get out of here earlier and be there by tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!
Oh, KAT, I couldn't help but laugh at your luck. . .after all these years. I do hope the pump issue is resolved.

I read this and immediately thought....

"Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!”

“Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes—.”

“The dead rising from the grave!”

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

o_O

But then I saw the mess you've been dealing with, and I really hope you get out today to allow you to start your trip and enjoy that lake side view!

I hope everything has been cleared up and you are on your way. See you soon!!
Who ya' gonna call? :lmao:

So it looks like I may not need to rent out my points afterall. I've got a new offer which I've accepted. What I don't have is a signed contract yet so I won't get my hopes too high until I have it in hand. I had an offer a week ago, or so I thought, but buyer never signed the contract. Appreciate any good vibes/pixie dust you want to throw my way. I can rent them, but it really would be better to sell the contract. Last contract in, first one out. :laughing:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

So it looks like I may not need to rent out my points afterall. I've got a new offer which I've accepted. What I don't have is a signed contract yet so I won't get my hopes too high until I have it in hand. I had an offer a week ago, or so I thought, but buyer never signed the contract. Appreciate any good vibes/pixie dust you want to throw my way. I can rent them, but it really would be better to sell the contract. Last contract in, first one out. :laughing:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
pixiedust:

Just returned from VWL! the blueberry crumble is not to be missed! the view from our 4th floor woods side. Oh and running into Goofy on the walkway from villas to main lodge!

Attachments

• E1CA4C2E-963A-4923-9319-87B73BC589EE.jpeg
    E1CA4C2E-963A-4923-9319-87B73BC589EE.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 16
  • 04AA2B0A-97DE-40C5-A8F1-37249463C6DD.jpeg
    04AA2B0A-97DE-40C5-A8F1-37249463C6DD.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 5F291E24-AFD5-47F4-8AC2-05C01D2E278B.jpeg
    5F291E24-AFD5-47F4-8AC2-05C01D2E278B.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 0A96C9E8-09B5-4DCB-94A0-670792FB63F6.jpeg
    0A96C9E8-09B5-4DCB-94A0-670792FB63F6.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1E1F08B6-8F7E-4D4F-A59C-97D672561AB5.jpeg
    1E1F08B6-8F7E-4D4F-A59C-97D672561AB5.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
Just returned from VWL! the blueberry crumble is not to be missed! the view from our 4th floor woods side. Oh and running into Goofy on the walkway from villas to main lodge!
Mom
Where did you find that blueberry crumble! Looks awesome!!
And running into Goofy, that would make my day, I’ve never seen a character around WL
And the little steamboat Willie boats, are they resort hopping again?

We have three bird feeders just outside our kitchen dining area at home, but the squirrels have taken over, notice one on each feeder

Doing my best Mary Poppins voice…Feed the squirrels, ten bucks a bag, ten bucks, ten bucks, ten bucks a bag😂

Attachments

• 7CF64C7A-6809-46F7-92EC-60CDEA691228.jpeg
    7CF64C7A-6809-46F7-92EC-60CDEA691228.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 7EC924E6-F274-4872-AC7E-DAA0A70D9997.jpeg
    7EC924E6-F274-4872-AC7E-DAA0A70D9997.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 68A1B093-D1EB-4518-BA77-54F5D23DC7C9.jpeg
    68A1B093-D1EB-4518-BA77-54F5D23DC7C9.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 9
Mom
Where did you find that blueberry crumble! Looks awesome!!
And running into Goofy, that would make my day, I’ve never seen a character around WL
And the little steamboat Willie boats, are they resort hopping again?
bought the crumble at roaring fork, and its amazing loaded inside with fresh blueberries! its decieving! everyone raves about the cupcakes and other desserts but this was our fav! No boats going between cr or fw sadly! just to mk and back.

We have three bird feeders just outside our kitchen dining area at home, but the squirrels have taken over, notice one on each feeder

Doing my best Mary Poppins voice…Feed the squirrels, ten bucks a bag, ten bucks, ten bucks, ten bucks a bag😂
Squirrels are incredibly hard to fight against bird feeders. They have developed great survival skills that rival the cockroach!

Hello everyone, my wife and I are considering adding on CCV to our DVC portfolio. I was hoping you all could give us honest feedback about the pros and cons of this resort. We have a reservation at whisper canyon during our trip in June to check out the property as well. Is there anything we should while we are at the restaurant/ resort?

I appreciate any insight you all have!

We tried numerous things to keep the squirrels off of our feeders, and finally found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Squirrel-Solution200-Squirrel-proof-3-4-pound-Capacity/dp/B00AUFIQ1U/ref=sr_1_35?crid=34Q01CE7HV2IQ&keywords=squirrel+proof+bird+feeders&qid=1682692025&sprefix=,aps,90&sr=8-35

It actually works!! It's pricey, but it's more than paid for itself in the amount of seed we've saved. As an added bonus it's extremely amusing to watch a squirrel try to feed from it and get frustrated when the holes close. We were a little worried that some of our larger woodpeckers would be too heavy for it, but they feed from it just fine. Squirrels - not so much :) .

Edited: for some reason that link isn't working. But it was supposed to be a link to an Amazon listing for a Squirrel Solution 200 bird feeder.

Last edited:
Sadly the boat never came back after covid and at this point, no one seems to think it's likely. Especially with the option of an easy bus ride over to FW, it is less than a 5 minute trip.
Yeah it wasn't running the last time we were there but that had been over a year ago and I know people on here were saying it still wasn't running. I didn't want to give her the wrong information just in case I missed something. Someone else was telling her to take the path not knowing it has been sadly closed.

Hello everyone, my wife and I are considering adding on CCV to our DVC portfolio. I was hoping you all could give us honest feedback about the pros and cons of this resort. We have a reservation at whisper canyon during our trip in June to check out the property as well. Is there anything we should while we are at the restaurant/ resort?

I appreciate any insight you all have!
We love all things Wilderness Lodge, including the two DVC resorts on the property. CCV is the newer DVC resort and has the lakeside cabins as part of their room choices. All the other villas for CCV are located in the main building, splitting the building in half with the other half being the Wilderness Lodge Resort hotel rooms.

CCV is a lovely DVC resort with nice room layouts and decor. Being in the main building, it has easy access to the restaurants and the lounge as well as the gift shop and front desk services. When you visit you can determine whether you like the theming of the whole area. No palm trees as the great northwest theming dominates all areas inside and out.

You can also arrange a tour of a 2 bedroom or cabin by contacting the DVC desk in the hotel lobby. They will set up the tour for you.

Sadly the boat never came back after covid and at this point, no one seems to think it's likely. Especially with the option of an easy bus ride over to FW, it is less than a 5 minute trip.
This is sad but 5 minutes is only to the front of the resort, correct? If planning to head back to the stables or food, that’s a journey, one I much prefer to be by boat ☹️.

facebook twitter