VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Yes, except the walk to the monorail isn't much shorter than the walk back to BLT (if it even is), especially since you need to walk back to BLT from the CR.
That is true but the boat was also about the same. I'd guess the monorail cuts off at least 1/2 the distance. Just depends on how tired your feet are.

That is true but the boat was also about the same. I'd guess the monorail cuts off at least 1/2 the distance. Just depends on how tired your feet are.
Considerably longer to walk to CR than to the monorail station. However, it is a nice walk once past all the buses.
Compare blue line to green (I stopped at the junction where one chooses to head to BLT/CR, so that green line is longer than shown)

1678129651815.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Making myself go on the boards this morning because if I don't make myself do it I may not be back for awhile. I'm in that post trip no future trip planned funk where anything Disney hurts. Despite the rain and really cold weather we had a good trip at DL. It was so cold though that we ended up leaving by 7 every night. The weird thing is that the temps were the same when we were in WDW last year but a dry cold is colder than a humid cold. Ok so 3 times now while I'm writing this a stupid verizon spam thing keeps popping up and I have to leave the site WTH? Anyway we had "snow" while we were there and that was wild. It was technically graupel. People were freaking out lol

Considerably longer to walk to CR than to the monorail station. However, it is a nice walk once past all the buses.
Compare blue line to green (I stopped at the junction where one choses to head to BLT/CR, so taht green line is longer than shown)
View attachment 744613
Nice twinklebug! Yes, I think sometimes people don't realize how far that walk is. And I'm not saying it's terrible at all but depending on the day every step can matter. I also enjoy the viewing of 7 Seas from the monorail platform while waiting and the monorail activity. More often do the walk but the monorail can save steps and be enjoyable too.

We popped into the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room a couple of weeks ago during a CCV stay, and were sad to see that the very comfortable, padded, rocking chairs in front of the fire had been replaced by plain hard wooden ones. Does anybody know if this is a permanent change? Thx.
I’ve just seen pictures of the redone comfortable rocking chairs from another WDW news intranet site - they appear to now be a covered in a grey fabric. My personal opinion only - the grey does not fit the theme at all.

I’ve just seen pictures of the redone comfortable rocking chairs from another WDW news intranet site - they appear to now be a covered in a grey fabric. My personal opinion only - the grey does not fit the theme at all.
Saw them posted on Humphrey's FB page too. To me they look like the same chair, just recovered. Maybe someone with a pic can tell us if they're the same structure.

Not a fan of the grey tone, it doesn't match the grey of the stone walls. This has been the new design choice for most of WL, a mishmash of textures and colors. I found the colors are easier to overlook in person than they are in images.

Not upset over it. I suppose at least they kept the same style rockers by the fireplace. Things change... and they'll change again.

Last edited:

I just saw pictures linked to the refurb thread.

Scratching me head over that choice. It's like they got to those chairs and said "use whatever you'd like".

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and didn't get too much snow this weekend!

I do have a question. We're doing a 10 day studio only trip, staying at AKL, BWV and finally, BRV. I can't for the life of me remember where the guest laundry is at BRV. I'm sure you guys know...

We're doing 1 full park day, using up an old hopper and got tickets to 2 after hours events; one each at HS and MK. Planning on eating off property more this trip also. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll check out the chairs in the CPRR.....I was relieved with the room tours of the refurbed rooms but maybe I sighed too soon.

I can't for the life of me remember where the guest laundry is at BRV. I'm sure you guys know..
If they are still in same location, and I think they are, the location is on 1st floor, down the hallway that's to the left of elevators, not too far, on your right

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and didn't get too much snow this weekend
Saw our only snow of the season this AM. Enough to cover the landscaping. Pretty but it went away quickly too. The kind I like, pretty but didnt last too long with no lasting impact :goodvibes

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and didn't get too much snow this weekend!

I do have a question. We're doing a 10 day studio only trip, staying at AKL, BWV and finally, BRV. I can't for the life of me remember where the guest laundry is at BRV. I'm sure you guys know...

We're doing 1 full park day, using up an old hopper and got tickets to 2 after hours events; one each at HS and MK. Planning on eating off property more this trip also. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll check out the chairs in the CPRR.....I was relieved with the room tours of the refurbed rooms but maybe I sighed too soon.
The chairs are chairs. Four chairs in an entire building (out of maybe 30 spread throughout all of the lobby's nooks and crannies). It's not the end of the world. They also took out the shuffleboard, but no one seems to care about that (I know I don't). The rest of the common areas look great, with rugs and other textiles working nicely into the original theme.

As to other places to eat, a trip over to I-Drive might be worthwhile. Plenty of places to eat and things to do along maybe 2 miles of shopping and dining areas. Lots of chain places like Bahama Breeze and Senor Frogs, but also a few not-so-common brands to explore.

If they are still in same location, and I think they are, the location is on 1st floor, down the hallway that's to the left of elevators, not too far, on your right

Saw our only snow of the season this AM. Enough to cover the landscaping. Pretty but it went away quickly too. The kind I like, pretty but didnt last too long with no lasting impact :goodvibes
That's where I was thinking they were. Thanks!! Now to find out if we can access before our room is ready. Thought we'd hang out in the CPRR, as usual, while we wait for our room and do laundry while there. If not, I guess we'll chill at BWV a little longer than planned.

In Celebration: Celebration Town Tavern, Columbia Restaurant. Nearer WDW: Miller’s Ale House (a couple of locations), Ford’s Garage.

Ask on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions forum for more suggestions.
We have a Ford's Garage here that recently opened. Love that place! Glad to hear there's one there. We do enjoy Celebration. Not sure why that wasn't on my radar. Thanks!!

That's where I was thinking they were. Thanks!! Now to find out if we can access before our room is ready. Thought we'd hang out in the CPRR, as usual, while we wait for our room and do laundry while there. If not, I guess we'll chill at BWV a little longer than planned.
I think you should be able to access the laundry. I dont think you have to have a room key to access, but even so, you should be able to no matter as they will issue you room key card when you check in, which at that point, gains you access to all amenities as a guest.

Here is the picture. They look so out of place. From what people were saying they are the same chairs. Not liking them. Would have looked better in tan.
wilderness-lodge-new-rugs-carpets-9190.jpg

We tried to get BLT for an Oct trip today, but it was not to be. But that's OK, we are going to be at VWL for 12 glorious nights(and I can't contain my excitement). We would have liked BLT, for proximity to MK and Monorail to Epcot, but the other family that will be with us are Tammys brother and his family and their kids are all teens, so it will be easy enough to navigate the buses.
Looking forward to seeing the new rooms, but more important, being back home :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

We tried to get BLT for an Oct trip today, but it was not to be. But that's OK, we are going to be at VWL for 12 glorious nights(and I can't contain my excitement). We would have liked BLT, for proximity to MK and Monorail to Epcot, but the other family that will be with us are Tammys brother and his family and their kids are all teens, so it will be easy enough to navigate the buses.
Looking forward to seeing the new rooms, but more important, being back home :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
Oh 12 nights. How wonderful. My longest ever trip was 10 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter