VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello all - just wondering, we've booked Boulder Ridge for later this year, but looking at a few of photos that have been posted I've just got a wonder or two ... .

Does anyone know if they are planning on adding more to the wall / corner of the room with the TV on it ? Like, in Copper creek where the Table and chairs, under the lamp / mirror are. That wall just looks SO bare !!! It's really giving me a bit of a trip on whether to stay in the VBR or VCC.

Thanks all !

Can I vent for a sec to the people who will understand? We have our big family trip with my dad planned for June. Scored a 2 bedroom at BRV for 8 nights. We arrive a day before them (dad, his wife and my step brother) to get settled, grocery shop etc. We planned this length to allow down time and resort time. Chose this resort because it's my absolute favorite and my dad's favorite place is the lake (least favorite is Disney) so I wanted him to enjoy where we were staying. All was looking promising until we talked over plans yesterday. They are adding in 2 days for Universal and cutting one day at the end to be home for a wedding. That leaves 3 days for Disney and 0 days for rest. (You see where this is going)

My family is not doing universal so we will have rest and time to spend at the resort so no problem there, I am still excited. But I am so disappointed that they aren't really going to experience the resort. I think they are going to way over-extend themselves and be exhausted. Here I was hoping to rent a boat one afternoon with my dad to explore Bay Lake, grill out one night but now we likely won't have time. Also, when confirming where we were staying, my dad seemed less than thrilled asking "Have you even stayed there before?" Maybe he is thinking of Fort Wilderness and thinks we will be in the woods? I don't know but now my excitement for the big family trip is kind of busted. We will still enjoy ourselves and I am still thrilled to have 8 nights at one resort (no split stays) and that resort happens to be my favorite. Win for me! Thanks for listening.

Can I vent for a sec to the people who will understand? We have our big family trip with my dad planned for June. Scored a 2 bedroom at BRV for 8 nights. We arrive a day before them (dad, his wife and my step brother) to get settled, grocery shop etc. We planned this length to allow down time and resort time. Chose this resort because it's my absolute favorite and my dad's favorite place is the lake (least favorite is Disney) so I wanted him to enjoy where we were staying. All was looking promising until we talked over plans yesterday. They are adding in 2 days for Universal and cutting one day at the end to be home for a wedding. That leaves 3 days for Disney and 0 days for rest. (You see where this is going)

My family is not doing universal so we will have rest and time to spend at the resort so no problem there, I am still excited. But I am so disappointed that they aren't really going to experience the resort. I think they are going to way over-extend themselves and be exhausted. Here I was hoping to rent a boat one afternoon with my dad to explore Bay Lake, grill out one night but now we likely won't have time. Also, when confirming where we were staying, my dad seemed less than thrilled asking "Have you even stayed there before?" Maybe he is thinking of Fort Wilderness and thinks we will be in the woods? I don't know but now my excitement for the big family trip is kind of busted. We will still enjoy ourselves and I am still thrilled to have 8 nights at one resort (no split stays) and that resort happens to be my favorite. Win for me! Thanks for listening.
Maybe sit down with them and watch a video on the WL so he can see what the resort is like and all it has to offer. Did he know you were going to rent the boat and grill out?

Maybe sit down with them and watch a video on the WL so he can see what the resort is like and all it has to offer. Did he know you were going to rent the boat and grill out?
I’m not sure they would watch a video but I’m working on a little info sheet on what to pack/what is included in the room etc. and plan to show off wilderness Lodge a bit there.
The boat/grilling was something I was going to propose we do on a rest day. Now that they won’t have a rest day it’s not really worth mentioning.

Getting near the end of our trip. At BCV now after 5 nights at SSR. Yesterday saw a ton of off duty CMs heading into Tron mid afternoon. Saw people on it most of the day. Still was gong at 9pm with treat carts set up too. Looked like it would have been a nice event and that Tron is getting really close!

I’m not sure they would watch a video but I’m working on a little info sheet on what to pack/what is included in the room etc. and plan to show off wilderness Lodge a bit there.
The boat/grilling was something I was going to propose we do on a rest day. Now that they won’t have a rest day it’s not really worth mentioning.
I get the impression that you don't really see the point in saying anything anymore, so perhaps you don't think they will be receptive, but, I'd still advise you saying something. Say your piece, explain what you had in mind, your worries about the current plans, etc. Heck, even if you just email it. Maybe they will change their plans, see the thought you've put into this. I can't say for sure obviously, but at the least it wont hurt, and might have an impact that will make you more happy.

Sleepy this is so exciting! Is Luv still at DHHIR?

Jimmy safe travels and hope you will please share your fun with us! We will definitely be visiting HHI again!

Sleepy this is so exciting! Is Luv still at DHHIR?

Jimmy safe travels and hope you will please share your fun with us! We will definitely be visiting HHI again!
She isn't, either. She was pretty much relegated to the late shift at the front desk due to her lack of seniority at that position. She attempted to move to another department and was turned down, so she opted to find something else. I think she's found her calling: mobile hospice worker. She seems to truly enjoy enriching the lives of people she visits. :)

I get the impression that you don't really see the point in saying anything anymore, so perhaps you don't think they will be receptive, but, I'd still advise you saying something. Say your piece, explain what you had in mind, your worries about the current plans, etc. Heck, even if you just email it. Maybe they will change their plans, see the thought you've put into this. I can't say for sure obviously, but at the least it wont hurt, and might have an impact that will make you more happy.
I agree.

Thanks. You’re correct, I’m disappointed it’s not working out to be the trip I was envisioning but also don’t want to push my opinions on them. It’s a fine balance between trying to guide their choices and not pressure them to things they don’t want to do. I also think they can’t grasp how awesome a hotel can be until they get there.
You make a good point. I’m waiting for them to let me know what days they want to do universal so once I know that I might try to talk to them about plans and see if they want to schedule in some down time even at the risk of giving some park time up. I mean who doesn’t want to sit at geyser point sipping some cocktails watching the electrical water pageant?

Thanks. You’re correct, I’m disappointed it’s not working out to be the trip I was envisioning but also don’t want to push my opinions on them. It’s a fine balance between trying to guide their choices and not pressure them to things they don’t want to do. I also think they can’t grasp how awesome a hotel can be until they get there.
You make a good point. I’m waiting for them to let me know what days they want to do universal so once I know that I might try to talk to them about plans and see if they want to schedule in some down time even at the risk of giving some park time up. I mean who doesn’t want to sit at geyser point sipping some cocktails watching the electrical water pageant?
That is a fun thing to do, or from your balcony if you're lake view side. One of my favorite memories (caution: nostalgia alert) was realizing during one of my runs along the long-gone nature trail that you could likely see Wishes (yes, Wishes) above the CR along parts of the trail. One evening, the fireworks started and I took a flashlight and trotted back down the trail to the point I remembered. Who did I run into? A group of CMs in two different Pargo carts, all of them watching Wishes, too. They invited me to join them, and even offered me a Mickey bar. We watched the show and chatted before heading our separate ways. Cool moment that can never happen again.

That is a fun thing to do, or from your balcony if you're lake view side. One of my favorite memories (caution: nostalgia alert) was realizing during one of my runs along the long-gone nature trail that you could likely see Wishes (yes, Wishes) above the CR along parts of the trail. One evening, the fireworks started and I took a flashlight and trotted back down the trail to the point I remembered. Who did I run into? A group of CMs in two different Pargo carts, all of them watching Wishes, too. They invited me to join them, and even offered me a Mickey bar. We watched the show and chatted before heading our separate ways. Cool moment that can never happen again.
That’s such a wonderful story! We’ve been lucky to have a room in the lodge that had a view of fireworks. Our oldest was 3 and we ordered room service and watched the show. A frog even managed to climb his way up to our top floor balcony and hung out for a while with us.

Just catching up, and I want to extend congratulations to Sleepy & Luv. Any time you make decisions that put you in a better mental and emotional place, that's a good thing. It sounds like you and Luv are pursuing things you are passionate about. That's certainly not a knock on Disney as an employer, but you are now engaged in something you really enjoy. That's what retirement should be about if the finances allow. I'm so happy to hear that you have both followed your hearts.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Not sure why I'm thinking of this but I thought this might be interesting. If you could change the ending of any Disney movie what would it be and how would you change it? I would change the end of Pinocchio and have them go back and rescue the boys who were turned into donkeys.

That is a great memory.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Not sure why I'm thinking of this but I thought this might be interesting. If you could change the ending of any Disney movie what would it be and how would you change it? I would change the end of Pinocchio and have them go back and rescue the boys who were turned into donkeys.
DLI, I cant help but think about Home on the Range. At that time in life, I was taking the kids to see any Disney movie that came out at the theater. They were young, and Disney was a big thing for us in those days, we couldn't get enough of it! But HOTR was terrible, awful, bad :rotfl2:

It was at the end of the renaissance of animation for Disney, since the The Little Mermaid came out and all these great movies that followed. HOTR was the last of those films before computer animation really took over. Hand drawn was becoming a thing of the past, quickly.

So if I could change the ending of Home on the Range, I would. I would erase it all the way from the end to the start, and show something else. :tilt:

We arrived safely in Beaufort SC yesterday afternoon. Staying in the same house as before for 2 nights before moving over tomorrow to DHHIR. We love this area, went to our favorite pizza place here last night, came home, hit the bed at 8:30. Ahhh, vacation! :teeth:
Our plan today is to go to the beach and pick up seashells. I found several good ones there last year, along with a couple sand dollars.
Later, we will stroll around downtown Beaufort and admire the old south architecture. Its a beautiful city, well preserved, and has some great shopping and dining mixed in.
This area saw about 80% of Forrest Gump being filmed here along with The Big Chill, Gi Jane and a few others. They also host an Independent Film Festival this time of year. Last year we saw Penn Holderness moseying around town(he is a big YouTuber with his DW, funny, crazy stuff.
If you are into history, its a great place to visit. There is a Reconstruction Museum across the street from our place we visited yesterday. Very well done, it delved into slavery, and how the former slaves were able to buy some of the homes and plantations that their former owners owned. It became a refuge town during the Civil War for runaways and freed African Americans. That time in our history affects me still and I never grow tired of learning something new about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter