VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

I'm curious why Disney doesn't use the call back systems other big companies use. Just leave your number and the system will call you back when you're next in line.
For such a huge media giant they sure are dragging their heels in the mud tech wise.
My niece actually did somehow end up with a call back. Twice. After holding for 2 hours and getting cut off. The next day another dropped hold. Then somehow the call back which then just got her transferred for another hold but they couldn't help and she couldn't hold any longer. Another call back when she tried again, and FINALLY got the ticket dates changed. 🤷‍♀️

Disney tech and customer service is painful, but I spent 4 hours on hold with Delta Airlines last week when they cancelled our flight home from New York and never spoke with a human. I even tried their texting feature and pretty much got no where (literally). It said my expected wait time was 2.5 hours, but even past that I still never spoke to anyone. I sent a claim in via email and got a case number. The auto reply said it could take up to 30 days for me to get a response. Doesn't make Disney's customer service any better, but I think there are plenty of businesses that are just as bad.
Delta got me the other night. Said I could hold or get a call back in an hour and 23 minutes. After 46 minutes I realized my phone had gone to Do Not Disturb for the night. Went to change it and saw they had tried calling 1 minute earlier! Thankfully kept me in the queue and called back again 20 minutes later. I've been able to select hold or get a call back from them for a few years so not certain why you didn't get that option. Changes to tickets online though has been glitchy compared to a few years ago.

Good morning Groupies. We are headed to our first ever stay at HHIR tomorrow. i did something to my back on Monday, and it is starting to feel a little better, so hopefully sitting on the plane won’t mess it up. 😬 This is an early milestone birthday celebration for me since our son and dil are expecting their first child in June! Really looking forward to exploring a new destination and spending quality time with hubby and kids. Also really hoping to meet our one and only Sleepy!

Jimmy, if they're the Disney gift cards you can consolidate their values all onto one using their site (see back of the card).
Twinkle
We were able to do that
Our issue was they only allow one GC per transaction so we had to buy one ticket at a time at over $700 per person where they only allow $1000 per GC
Then start the process over
T was able to then re-load a GC then buy another ticket
We were buying 6 tickets so it took a bit of time but not a 2 hrs wait on the phone as we feared we might have to do

My niece actually did somehow end up with a call back. Twice. After holding for 2 hours and getting cut off. The next day another dropped hold. Then somehow the call back which then just got her transferred for another hold but they couldn't help and she couldn't hold any longer. Another call back when she tried again, and FINALLY got the ticket dates changed. 🤷‍♀️
T got the call back, took 5 mins for a live person
But then she got the oh you need another dept spiel and got put on hold for what they said would be 2 hrs
That’s when we hung up and had to trick the system by buying one ticket at a time online
They really need to get their act together!
It used to be fun planning
Now it’s a chore

Delta got me the other night. Said I could hold or get a call back in an hour and 23 minutes. After 46 minutes I realized my phone had gone to Do Not Disturb for the night. Went to change it and saw they had tried calling 1 minute earlier! Thankfully kept me in the queue and called back again 20 minutes later. I've been able to select hold or get a call back from them for a few years so not certain why you didn't get that option. Changes to tickets online though has been glitchy compared to a few years ago.
I've always had perfect success with Delta calling back at or before the promised time. I'm a Platinum Medallion member now, but I always got the same prompt call backs at lower tiers as well. My problem is I forget they are calling me back and once or twice didn't answer because the 800 number didn't look familiar ( I get a ton of spam calls).

Twinkle
We were able to do that
Our issue was they only allow one GC per transaction so we had to buy one ticket at a time at over $700 per person where they only allow $1000 per GC
Then start the process over
T was able to then re-load a GC then buy another ticket
We were buying 6 tickets so it took a bit of time but not a 2 hrs wait on the phone as we feared we might have to do
Okay, I see. Sounds like there was no easy way to do it. Glad it worked out!

Please keep receipts and if you can, note those ticket ID numbers (which is hard as the system won't show them to us anymore). I've learned the hard way not to trust Disney's software to maintain my passes for me.

Lovely. I was considering a room close to the pool. Is it noisy? We have littles this trip and they will need naps.
not noisy!! Just commenting on the overall condition of the rooms at BRV. and the BRV has one side that faces the lake and part of the boulder ridge pool and the other side faces some trees, walkway to bus and further the parking lot. no way to guarantee a side

I'm so used to VWL that it took me a minute to figure out what BRV is lol. A reno needs to be done but they need to keep the lodge feel and not make it generic.
agree but its in bad need. rustic charm is one thing! Worn dirty carpets, stained worn sofa and stained curtains are plain old gross. Outlets that dont hold the cube to plug in devices .... its kinda bad

agree but its in bad need. rustic charm is one thing! Worn dirty carpets, stained worn sofa and stained curtains are plain old gross. Outlets that dont hold the cube to plug in devices .... its kinda bad
Yeah I agree that it needs to be done. I just worry after having seen how they did the Copper Creek rooms and part of the hallway.

Morning, Groupies, and happy weekend. . .though for some of us that means work at HHI!

The quiet pool is just that in my experience, even when it used to be the superior Hidden Springs pool. Further, it sits a comfortable distance from the rooms on that side of VWL so that most noise there is would be muted to some extent, no to mention the fact that it has some "walls" that swallow the sound since it's themed to be an abandoned rock quarry.

As for the refurbishment, I would be shocked if they kept the Lodge feel as we now know it. If the past decade plus has taught us anything, it's that Disney's vision for the future of its resorts is to make them all rather generic. Imagination has largely been replaced with simply "clean lines, modern feel" and "industry standards." Where once Disney set the bar, now they're content to let the bar be set for them. Harsh? Sure, a little. . .but not untrue. Well, that's not quite the truth--Disney leads the way in finding ways to part you from your money. (I would insert the wacky pirate smiley face here, but apparently, that option doesn't exist as the smiley face has disappeared from the menu board at the top of this reply block, and when I found how to get to them, they won't load.)

Enjoy your weekend!

Morning, Groupies, and happy weekend. . .though for some of us that means work at HHI!

The quiet pool is just that in my experience, even when it used to be the superior Hidden Springs pool. Further, it sits a comfortable distance from the rooms on that side of VWL so that most noise there is would be muted to some extent, no to mention the fact that it has some "walls" that swallow the sound since it's themed to be an abandoned rock quarry.

As for the refurbishment, I would be shocked if they kept the Lodge feel as we now know it. If the past decade plus has taught us anything, it's that Disney's vision for the future of its resorts is to make them all rather generic. Imagination has largely been replaced with simply "clean lines, modern feel" and "industry standards." Where once Disney set the bar, now they're content to let the bar be set for them. Harsh? Sure, a little. . .but not untrue. Well, that's not quite the truth--Disney leads the way in finding ways to part you from your money. (I would insert the wacky pirate smiley face here, but apparently, that option doesn't exist as the smiley face has disappeared from the menu board at the top of this reply block, and when I found how to get to them, they won't load.)

Enjoy your weekend!
Sadly true. I don't understand it. They just announced a refurb for my other favorite resort BWV and worry that they will also go generic there. The theming is what has brought people to these resorts for so many years so I don't understand why they are going in the generic direction now. If I want just some generic hotel I will stay offsite. I stay onsite for the benefit of being on property as well as the awesome theming of the resorts.

Putting motel decor on all the rooms off the lobby of a heavily themed Deluxe resort makes no sense. It would be akin to walking into value rooms. I think they'll keep some things themed.

If they go generic on Animal Kingdom Lodge it's easy to say they'll destroy the entire experience. VWL is very similar.

I stayed at POR one night last month as we were heading back down to work on the house. Those rooms over in the Mansion area are beautifully themed. I can't understand why DVC would be knocking the properties down a notch while the values and mods are being bumped up.

Last edited:
not noisy!! Just commenting on the overall condition of the rooms at BRV. and the BRV has one side that faces the lake and part of the boulder ridge pool and the other side faces some trees, walkway to bus and further the parking lot. no way to guarantee a side
Ok. Thank you. I asked for ground floor do to my mom using an ECV for the first time. I feel like ground floor would be easiest as she wouldn't have to fuss with getting in and out of the elevator every morning. I asked for farthest down so it would be quietest.

Latest posts

facebook twitter