VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Happy to report in from VWL. Love the lodge so very much. Guess what? Yep we got the dumpster view! Our view at BLT was amazing so I can’t complain About view but the noise is disturbin. We are in a 2 bedroom.
The crowds this weekend we’re crazy. Hoping now that is during the week it will get better. My daughters friend that is traveling with us said how much she loves the lodge and how BLT felt fancy but that WL is just really cool. We have reservations at Trails end tonight. We stopped by Territory Lounge last night and the apps they have on there looked really good. My husband and I are not huge eaters so I definitely think we will go one night for some. We ate at Steakhouse 71 last night and it was really good. Geyser Point had a 75 minute wait last night so we will definitely plan ahead when we want to eat there. I will post picture later in the trip.
When is the groupie meet to be?
I think on here we call that view the Kat view lol

Hi Everyone. It's been a minute since I have posted. So much going on in my life right now - some hard stuff but I will get through it. Had 2 Disney friends pass Thanksgiving week. That was really hard.

BUT - I was able to get 10 nights in a lakeview studio at the Poly for this coming June. We are really excited about that. Staying at the Poly has always been a bucket list item - lakeview is just icing on the cake. I'm excited but also know I am going to miss our lodge. It's nice having the flexibility to stay at different resorts - especially knowing the lodge will always be there for next time.

I saw some pics of the crowds at the MK and whoa! Crazy! Looked almost as bad as it did when we were there over Christmas several years ago.

Anyway - just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Everyone. It's been a minute since I have posted. So much going on in my life right now - some hard stuff but I will get through it. Had 2 Disney friends pass Thanksgiving week. That was really hard.

BUT - I was able to get 10 nights in a lakeview studio at the Poly for this coming June. We are really excited about that. Staying at the Poly has always been a bucket list item - lakeview is just icing on the cake. I'm excited but also know I am going to miss our lodge. It's nice having the flexibility to stay at different resorts - especially knowing the lodge will always be there for next time.

I saw some pics of the crowds at the MK and whoa! Crazy! Looked almost as bad as it did when we were there over Christmas several years ago.

Anyway - just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well.
Jen so sorry for your losses. Someday I hope to be able to stay at the Poly. It's the last of the deluxes that I really want to stay in. I don't really have any desire to stay at Saratoga or the Riviera.

Jen Glad you are going to get to experience the Poly. It is one of my favorites!
The Lodge at Christmas time is so beautiful as most of you know on here.

We moved my mom into assisted living last Friday. We were worried she'd be crying to go home and trying to run away back to the house which is but 1/4 mile off... but she seems to like it. 🤣 The place is set up like a cruise ship, just with nicer rooms. Large welcoming staircase, beautiful dining room, lots of nooks and crannies to get away to sit and watch TV, the fireplace, the TV and the fireplace... and there's always something going on. She said she likes having people to cook and clean for her, and when she's confused they just lead her back to her room or get her involved with the activities. She's always been the social bug of the family. I'm hoping she does better with more people around her.

I think it helps that we moved her in as the place is decorated to the Nth with Christmas garland and lights. She has such a nice view out her living room window across the wrap around porch and to the covered walkway wrapped in white lights. ❄☃

Reminds me a bit of the walkway down to the villas, okay, not really, but the rockers add to the dream.

We moved my mom into assisted living last Friday. We were worried she'd be crying to go home and trying to run away back to the house which is but 1/4 mile off... but she seems to like it. 🤣 The place is set up like a cruise ship, just with nicer rooms. Large welcoming staircase, beautiful dining room, lots of nooks and crannies to get away to sit and watch TV, the fireplace, the TV and the fireplace... and there's always something going on. She said she likes having people to cook and clean for her, and when she's confused they just lead her back to her room or get her involved with the activities. She's always been the social bug of the family. I'm hoping she does better with more people around her.

I think it helps that we moved her in as the place is decorated to the Nth with Christmas garland and lights. She has such a nice view out her living room window across the wrap around porch and to the covered walkway wrapped in white lights. ❄☃

Reminds me a bit of the walkway down to the villas, okay, not really, but the rockers add to the dream.
So glad to hear that she is adjusting so well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter