VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Hey Folks!
Yesterday Casey was telling us about an old general store in a small community called Cedar Grove about 20 mins from our home. that was the general store that is featured in the American Adventure during the depression scene and again when FDR was giving his Pearl Harbor speech. Below is a link to an article if you so choose to read and watch the video about the photographer who shot a similar scene at the store during the depression. If you are into history its a really nice read and you may recognize another famous photo that the photographer, Dorothea Lange, shot as well.

https://thedisneynerdspodcast.com/2...ils-epcots-american-adventures-general-store/

I attached a photo of the store I took yesterday as it looks now.
View attachment 866970
Very cool! Thanks for sharing

Happy Friday, Groupies!

I did a minor update on Page 1 which spurs me to put out my quarterly (or so) call for those who wish for their trips to be listed on said page. As usual, just send me the dates, place(s), and any special event you might be celebrating. These trips don't have to be Disney or DCL, either.

AND...I have a new request. If any of you wish to share a beautiful shot of our beloved Lodge or resort, I will use a few of them to replace/add to the pictures on Page 1, some of which are out of date. Now, I may keep a couple that are near and dear to me, anyway, but I would like to add more updated shots. If you would, please send them to me in a format I can use on this page (frankly, I'm not sure what that is :jester:). To keep it simple, just one shot per Groupie--I will try to adjudicate wisely!

Here's wishing all of you and yours a great and safe summer!

Hey Folks!
Yesterday Casey was telling us about an old general store in a small community called Cedar Grove about 20 mins from our home. that was the general store that is featured in the American Adventure during the depression scene and again when FDR was giving his Pearl Harbor speech. Below is a link to an article if you so choose to read and watch the video about the photographer who shot a similar scene at the store during the depression. If you are into history its a really nice read and you may recognize another famous photo that the photographer, Dorothea Lange, shot as well.

https://thedisneynerdspodcast.com/2...ils-epcots-american-adventures-general-store/

I attached a photo of the store I took yesterday as it looks now.
View attachment 866970
Jimmy...I'm a little slow to getting to the party, but this was a great post! Funny how I never imagined that the front porch of the general store in American Adventure was based on a real place. I just thought it was some Imagineers' thoughts about what things looked like at that time. Thanks for sharing...you know how much I love history! :)

Happy Friday, Groupies!

I did a minor update on Page 1 which spurs me to put out my quarterly (or so) call for those who wish for their trips to be listed on said page. As usual, just send me the dates, place(s), and any special event you might be celebrating. These trips don't have to be Disney or DCL, either.

AND...I have a new request. If any of you wish to share a beautiful shot of our beloved Lodge or resort, I will use a few of them to replace/add to the pictures on Page 1, some of which are out of date. Now, I may keep a couple that are near and dear to me, anyway, but I would like to add more updated shots. If you would, please send them to me in a format I can use on this page (frankly, I'm not sure what that is :jester:). To keep it simple, just one shot per Groupie--I will try to adjudicate wisely!

Here's wishing all of you and yours a great and safe summer!
Sleepy
Thanks for keeping us up to date! You are keeping us relevant, as I know, myself very much so, goes off topic often. But our group here always seems to keep us on track, and thanks to you, keeps us going.

Jimmy...I'm a little slow to getting to the party, but this was a great post! Funny how I never imagined that the front porch of the general store in American Adventure was based on a real place. I just thought it was some Imagineers' thoughts about what things looked like at that time. Thanks for sharing...you know how much I love history! :)
I knew you might like this, us being kindred history buff spirits and all

Not necessarily Disney or WL related but in a way does have a tie in to Disney
Last night we saw The Beach Boys in concert
They did advertise the new documentary on Disney plus which is well made IMO

Anywho, John Stamos, a huge Disney fan is playing drums, guitar and some vocals for them, and the ladies in the audience were swooning over him, including our DD😂

The vocals are still really tight and harmonious
IMG_2618.jpeg

After all these years wasn’t sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.

Stamos mentioned how that music makes us feel good and how we need it it in such times of division in our lives. I could not agree more!

It never ceases to amaze me how bands from the 70's and 80's continue to tour 40-50 years after their heydays. Sometimes you feel a little sorry for them as they just can't hold the vocals any more. I'm glad to hear that the Beach Boys still sound good more than 60 years after their start! Thanks for posting, Jimmy. :rockband:

I tried to get the holiday discount applied to my 2BR res in November, but only 1BRs were available. I told the CM that with my daughter being one of the 3 adults, there was no way we could have a good vacation in a 1 BR! I love her dearly, but we need our space. :)

I tried to get the holiday discount applied to my 2BR res in November, but only 1BRs were available. I told the CM that with my daughter being one of the 3 adults, there was no way we could have a good vacation in a 1 BR! I love her dearly, but we need our space. :)
Moose Dust coming your way that something will open up for youpixiedust:

So what’s the Groupie’s view on the new FastPass system coming next month? I like the ability to make attraction reservations in advance like the old FastPass + system. Of course paying for FastPasses is painful but on the whole, we much prefer it. To the current Genie+ system. Groupie thoughts?

I know it is really going to be called Lightning Lane Multi-Pass but to me it is FastPass monetized. It’s clear that it gives a solid incentive for people to stay on site to get the booking advantage.

So what’s the Groupie’s view on the new FastPass system coming next month? I like the ability to make attraction reservations in advance like the old FastPass + system. Of course paying for FastPasses is painful but on the whole, we much prefer it. To the current Genie+ system. Groupie thoughts?

I know it is really going to be called Lightning Lane Multi-Pass but to me it is FastPass monetized. It’s clear that it gives a solid incentive for people to stay on site to get the booking advantage.
Not sure what to think yet. We never used the Fast Pass+ system because that happened during the time we hadn't gone for years. Then our last few visits we used DAS which I don't think I will be approved for in the future because of the changes. :sad1: So I will have to get familiar with the new system. It will be awhile till we go again though. We are thinking of doing Tokyo Disney next year so WDW will be after that sometime.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest