VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

:welcome:WELCOME Shellyred8 :welcome:

Great to have another Lodge Lover pull up a log around our fire! The Groupies meet here on a regular basis, no matter the time of day. But please, if and when available, join us at a Groupie Meet where we put faces on each other, greet old friends, and make new ones.

Joining the group...hopefully an owner in the near future!!
Clang, clang, clang, clang!! That's my attempt to mimic the cowbell near the arcade, and I'm using it to signal :welcome: to the Groupies, Shellyred (you, too, ncgator)! Without a doubt, you've happened across the friendliest group on the DIS--self-proclamation doesn't mean it still isn't true. ;) Pull up a rocker, grab your favorite libation, and sit a spell. It's great that you may be a future owner, just realize that you don't have to own here (or anywhere) to be in the Groupies. Nope, just a love of the Lodge is all we require.* We do keep a trip log and birthday/anniversary lists on Page 1 if you're interested (definitely not required). Just PM me for the former and KAT4DISNEY for the latter. Otherwise, relax, enjoy, and join in when you can.

*Fees and taxes not included

FYI: Regular readers of this thread might want to look at DVCNews later tonight or first thing tomorrow for some interesting news.

Edited to Add: See here.
I am surprised the points might be the same. That means they will likely go more quickly I would think. SO it seems they will be selling sometimes within 1-6 weeks? When will rooms be bookable?

FYI: Regular readers of this thread might want to look at DVCNews later tonight or first thing tomorrow for some interesting news.

Edited to Add: See here.

This is a great update; thanks for the link. I'm optimistic regarding those point numbers! We shall see ... !!

Fascinating reading, and thank you wdrl for posting the notice! Overall, the news is about what we expected in terms of points per night. As had been reported from the owners' meeting, there will be all types of rooms available, and it seems as though the new resort will be offered by the end of March if history holds.

Color me shocked that the points look like they'll be about the same. It was hard to imagine how they were going to work it with VWL if it was different but I thought they might finally do a souped up studio or something extra in the villas so they could justify more points. Ah well. Maybe we will do a cabin or GV stay sometime. :)

And what's the request everyone will do for a studio? Alternate! :laughing:

Last edited:
Color me shocked that the points look like they'll be about the same. It was hard to imagine how they were going to work it with VWL if it was different but I thought they might finally do a souped up studio or something extra in the villas so they could justify more points. Ah well. Maybe we will be do a cabin or GV sometime. :)

And what's the request everyone will do for a studio? Alternate! :laughing:
Cabins for 25% less than a bungalow? Plus, no "walk of shame" onto the obnoxious deck walkway? It all sounds good to me!

OK, Geyser Point looks awesome, new pool renditions look positive, cabins with fireplace, Grand Villas that are 3200 sq ft? That's Huge! "Alternate" studios? All of this with point charts that mirror the original VWL? Fire up the DeLorean Mcfly! It's Back to the Future! (If only the cost/point could be at 2001 prices too....). Anyways, I bet that CCCV will be $10/point cheaper than Poly. Poly has to have a premium price for location & monorail. Even if us lodge lovin' folk know full well that not being on the monorail is a strength not a weakness...

I helped wdrl with the math on the floor plan square footage, so don't blame him if my math was off. :duck:

Only a couple of partial floors were released in the declaration, but it really looks like at the most there will be no more than 7 of the alternative studios and maybe 5 or 6 grand villas when using the WL floor plans as a guide. The GVs appear to be on the end cap. And the Alt Studios are where that small block of rooms were located next to the elevator lobby WL rooms X23, X25, X27, X29.

Only a couple of partial floors were released in the declaration, but it really looks like at the most there will be no more than 7 of the alternative studios and maybe 5 or 6 grand villas when using the WL floor plans as a guide. The GVs appear to be on the end cap. And the Alt Studios are where that small block of rooms were located next to the elevator lobby WL rooms X23, X25, X27, X29.

The Alt Studios look exactly the shape (including balcony placement) of the X23 rooms, which were previously Deluxe Rooms and significantly larger than the regular rooms. I vaguely remember 575 sq feet, but that might not be exactly right. That would mean 1 Alt Studio per floor.

ETA: These are also waterfall view rooms.

The Alt Studios look exactly the shape (including balcony placement) of the X23 rooms, which were previously Deluxe Rooms and significantly larger than the regular rooms. I vaguely remember 575 sq feet, but that might not be exactly right. That would mean 1 Alt Studio per floor.

ETA: These are also waterfall view rooms.

Funny - it's the xx23 rooms at BWV that are the odd shaped 1BR's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!