VWL/BWV questions for a mom/kid trip!

aes74

visiting wdw since '74 (as a baby!)
I want to stay two nights during the Sun-Thurs period in a 2 bedroom with another mom and her kids. We live only about an hour and a half south of Disney, so while the husbands work, we are hoping to go play a little. We are hoping to go during the first half of August, and I am trying to pick between vwl and bwv. So with that background in mind, can you give me your best advice on these questions?

1. Do you think there is any chance we can even get the room? Living in FL we don't usually do disney during the summer so I am not as familiar with how busy DVC is during this time.

2. Do you think the living room is bigger in BWV than in VWL? After just staying in VWL a couple months ago, it seems like it to me. Is that all in my head? I just don't want it to seem too crowded while we are in there. And do you think we should go with the quieter vwl or the busier, more exciting bwv with the kids? It's hard for me to decide since I love them both!

3. Is there a counter service place to eat at BWV? That is one of my only complaints there is that it seems like unless you want a hot dog or slice of pizza, there aren't many options. Am I forgeting something?

Thanks!!!

BWV and VWL are nearly identical, so I don't think you would notice any real difference in the living room size. OKW? A resounding YES. The others? Not really.

There is no food court at BWV. There is the Spoodles pizza window. You can get a few items at the Boardwalk Bakery. But no real walkup dining unless you go to the otherside of the waterway, either to the S/D or Beach Club.

Vacancy? Only MS knows that.

I think there is a good chance to snag a reservation for early August...and if you are flexible to either BWV or VWL it increases your chances.

As Deb said, the layout for BWV and VWL 2BR is virtually identical.

And the lack of a good counter service at BWV is our only real knock on that great resort. Okay, maybe the bus situation too but with two parks to walk to that problem isn't so bad.

DW stayed in a 2BR at VWL with 6 adults and 2 kids last month and they spent most of the time hanging out in living room - was plenty big for the 8 eight of them to spend time together. We usually stay at the BWV with less people, and have never had a problem with the space.

As for which one your kids might like better, it depends on whether Epcot and MGM are more interesting to them than Magic Kingdom. Pool is certainly quieter at VWL than BWV as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter