• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VRBO feedback

Plantlady

<font color=darkorchid>I eat a lot of pringles whi
I am looking for a vacation home for our upcoming summer trip. We will have two adults and five kids.

I found one on VRBO, but have never rented this way.

Anyone have experience with #26354

I have been googling like mad, trying to find reviews, other than the positive ones on vrbo.com.

Thanks!

When I was researching vacation rental homes I found all the homes through Villa Direct to be a lot less expensive but in the very same neighborhoods as the VRBO houses.

We have used vrbo many times, and have never had a bad experience. I like dealing directly with the owners...we have always rented from families who own the places. Usually, by the time you've emailed and few times, you feel like you have a pretty good hold on how they are. Several of them have even called us when we checked in to make sure that everything is up to our standards.

I usually pick a place that has lots of pictures...I ask a lot of location questions. How close is it to the community pool, when will they turn the pool heat on (if you're using pool heat...it usually takes a day to get it up to a point where you would want to swim in it, especially if it's a chillier time of year), etc. My mom had rented from some of the third party places, and we had more trouble with that. One time, the code for the key box didn't work...one time we didn't have pool heat for several days, etc.

I would definitely go vrbo. Good luck!

We have had good luck with VRBO on several occasions and one bad situation. The goods were easy, the bad expensive--the owner had the unit up for sale, but didn't tell us. It sold and they canceled. While they refunded our money, it was just a couple of weeks before the trip and we had no idea. We ended up paying a fortune for another place at the last minute.

I ended up going with it. I got a good gut feel after emailing the owner. He had me mail the check for the deposit to a management company. I googled the management company, and they look good. I am paying much less than that company advertises on their website.

My fingers are crossed it all works out. But, hey, at least we get to be at Walt Disney World during the day, if it isn't fabulous.

I am sure it will be fine. We have been renting home for quite a while now and we love it. We only had one "bad" experience and that was because an owner didn't pay his homeowners association dues and they shut off his cable. The pool also turned green... That was an isolated experience though and every other rental experience has been great. You will love the additional space and having your own pool. Let us know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter