Vow Renewell

momshadow

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
So were planning a vow renewell :bride: in celebration of 22 years in Nov. :cool1: We are planning to stand before each other some where in the disneyland resort and have our son as a witness and camera man. I couldnt see paying between 6000 to 8000. Anyway I need some ideas as to maybe romatic get away dinner for my husband and myself, also gift basket ideas. Were staying at the the PP so maybe i could order a cake? :hug: Any help and Ideas will would be great. We want our six day stay to be one to remember forever. Just trying to have all my ducks in a row.

Congrats!

I called the Vacation Planning people, and they sent me a list of goodies you can order (we're at PP too).

The department name and phone number listed on the email is:

The Vacation Planning Team
Disneyland Resort
(714)300-7526 option 2

It was super-easy to ask for, and the most time on the call was spent just spelling out my email address! Within 10 minutes I had the email listing the goodies and their (pricey) costs (but not 6-8K).

And yes they have cake. Go ahead, call 'em, get the email from them. :)

I don't have experience with Disneyland meals yet (other than veggie gumbo in a bread bowl, which I suppose is romantic in its own way), but I think I've heard that Napa Rose is quite good.

Congratulations! For dinner, you could go to Napa Rose over at the Grand Californian hotel. I've never been there myself, but it looks very romantic from the pictures I've seen. :love:

Let the htoel know that you're celebrating an anniversary. No guaretee that you will get upgraded or anything special.. but it doesn't hurt to put the word out!

I've heard that the baskets for Vacation Planning are wonderful... hmmmm I know the Grand does a rose petal treatment of the room as an option... I wonder if VP can do that at PPH??? From the pics I saw posted on another site .. it was wonderfully romantic. :cloud9: :love:

Napa Rose would be an excellent choice, if you want something not quite upscale then Blue Bayou is another option.
Perhaps the "vow moment" could be at Snow White's wishing well? (morning or later in evening would be your best bets for a bit of privacy)

Waterfalls at Disneyland Hotel or the already mentioned rose garden gazebo (if not in use for a pricey wedding).

Wishing you a wonderful trip and many more happy years together!

Let the htoel know that you're celebrating an anniversary. No guaretee that you will get upgraded or anything special.. but it doesn't hurt to put the word out!

I've heard that the baskets for Vacation Planning are wonderful... hmmmm I know the Grand does a rose petal treatment of the room as an option... I wonder if VP can do that at PPH??? From the pics I saw posted on another site .. it was wonderfully romantic. :cloud9: :love:

Napa Rose would be an excellent choice, if you want something not quite upscale then Blue Bayou is another option.
Perhaps the "vow moment" could be at Snow White's wishing well? (morning or later in evening would be your best bets for a bit of privacy)

Waterfalls at Disneyland Hotel or the already mentioned rose garden gazebo (if not in use for a pricey wedding).

Wishing you a wonderful trip and many more happy years together!

Thanks everyone,
I really had not thought about the wishing well, :confused: thats one of my favorite places! :cloud9: I have talked to walt disney travel when I called to make our res. but I will remind the front desk when I arrive. I thought about the water falls at the DRH but I dont know if it will be to dark? :cool2: Im so excited that I find myself having a hard time sleeping. I know thats silly but I cant wait to go and be married all over again to my sweetie. princess: How far out do you think I should get RS at blue bayou? :hourglass

Thanks,
I called the number you gave me and its after office hours, so Ill wait until tomarrow.

I got ahold of disneyland vacation planning to day. I also got a few more ideas from them on room service. I like the resort cooler basket for my 15 year old. Im going to order a cake for the day of our vow renewal. I am hoping to do this on the 1st or 2nd.

I got ahold of disneyland vacation planning to day. I also got a few more ideas from them on room service. I like the resort cooler basket for my 15 year old. Im going to order a cake for the day of our vow renewal. I am hoping to do this on the 1st or 2nd.

Hi,
I am now to the place where I need ideas on how and where to get flowers from? I would like to do leis but am having a hard time coming up with places to deliver them there at DLR. :confused3 The least exspensive and the only one Ive found starts at $30 up. Next to writing the vows it will be fun!:love:

I was wondering if you were planning on doing an official vow renewal, or just thinking of saying your vows together at some place in the park?

I thought you couldn't get married inside the park unless you notified Disney. Of course, that's not to say you couldn't say something "unofficially." But I wonder if you hired an officiant of some sort, if that is allowed without official permission?

I think it may depend on what you plan to do. I would think they may stop you if you guys were in formal wear.

Does anyone know?

I thought you couldn't get married inside the park unless you notified Disney. Of course, that's not to say you couldn't say something "unofficially." But I wonder if you hired an officiant of some sort, if that is allowed without official permission?

I think it may depend on what you plan to do. I would think they may stop you if you guys were in formal wear.

Does anyone know?

No you can not wear formal attire into the park. They will stop you at the gate for that. I asked that question when I planned my DL wedding years ago. Disney does discourage unofficial weddings and I would hate for you to be asked to leave if spotted doing such. If this is what you plan to do going minimal and drawing as little attention to yourselves as possible is probably the best way to go.

As for the Rose Court Garden gazebo at the DLH (where I got married) there is a smaller one off to the side that usually goes unused (except for some rehearsals), so you could always try that. Dinner at the Napa Rose is a wonderful option. The food there is outstanding!

I was wondering if you were planning on doing an official vow renewal, or just thinking of saying your vows together at some place in the park?

Does anyone know?

No you can not wear formal attire into the park. They will stop you at the gate for that. I asked that question when I planned my DL wedding years ago. Disney does discourage unofficial weddings and I would hate for you to be asked to leave if spotted doing such. If this is what you plan to do going minimal and drawing as little attention to yourselves as possible is probably the best way to go.

As for the Rose Court Garden gazebo at the DLH (where I got married) there is a smaller one off to the side that usually goes unused (except for some rehearsals), so you could always try that. Dinner at the Napa Rose is a wonderful option. The food there is outstanding!

No where not going to wear FORMAL CLOTHING Ill be in a simple white casual dress and DH will wear a hawiian shirt. We will be standing before each other:bride: No we will not ask a officiant to break the DL rules for us. We will simply stand before one another and our DS will take our Pictures. :angel:
I did call and they wanted 6000 to 8000 and as it is just my DS, myself and my DH , I counldnt see spending that kind of money.:scared: If they decide to ask us to leave because we are staying at the resort and are out on the grass or by a tree or where ever then I guess they will.:scared1: But thanks for the concern.:grouphug:

I guess my DH and I will just celebrate our Ann and call it good. Thanks for the help.

Maybe you could reenact your DH's proposal by the wishing well? Or maybe say a few words while accepting the ring??? I mean as far as I know they have no issue with proposals why should they with re-proposals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter