Vons/Safeway delivery

Shegardens

Mouseketeer
So regarding having vons deliver certain items you don't want to pack, and or buy at the hotel.
I had asked earlier if i could use a friends zip code since I am in Canada, but then read on another forum for a Canadian going to Vegas, that they used the numbers in their postal code then added 2 0's on the end in the zip code area and this worked for them, got their stuff delivered to their hotel and everything.
So has anyone tried this?

In Dec I tried this zip/postal code trick and it worked.

Removed the letters of my postal code, and adding '00' to the end to have a 5 digit numeric 'zipcode'

Ex: A1B 2C3 becomes 12300

***I tried just the first 5 digits of my postal code and it didnt work. Next I tried the above with my real postal code and "voila"

We did the postal code+00 trick in December and it worked for us also. When we first registered for the Von's website we used our hotel's address.

Thanks for the replies! I will be trying this closer to the day we leave. Here's hoping it works. Guess I should call the hotel and let them know as well. We don't arrive into LA until 7:30, So I am wondering if we should have it delivered the next day? Which is Easter Sunday so they may not deliver that day either.
Okay help me out hahaha

Arrive March 30th - LA 7:30 hotel around 9ish?
Easter Sunday 31 - delivery?
April 1 - Delivery?

IDeas?

Personally I like to get my groceries on the day of arrival, even if its late.

I just checked out the Vons delivery window schedule. As of right now it goes until Feb 16th, 2013. You choose a 1, 2 or 4 hour delivery window.

( I also used our hotel zip code as the address when I first registered on the site )

Due to some airline nonsense our Von's delivery arrived a couple hours before we did. Our hotel at Disneyland (Best Western Park Place) signed for the delivery and put it in our room for us which was very nice, we hadn't notified them that anything was coming.

I wouldn't cut it TOO close to your travel date to book, delivery slots can go quick

How far in advance did you all place your order for delivery? I would like to get delivery to PPH in October and for the items to be there when I arrive.

How far in advance did you all place your order for delivery? I would like to get delivery to PPH in October and for the items to be there when I arrive.

Too funny...I JUST emailed VONS that very question...and method of payment accepted by Canadians :)

First ever Disney trip Sept 19-28 2013 <3

I emailed VONS as well. From what I understand that you can order 24hrs in advance, and they will take a Canadian Credit Card. ( I've never had an issue using my Visa anywhere in the world). They told me to confirm with the hotel that they will accept the delivery if you are not there and to use the zip code of where you want the delivery as your address when you sign up with VONS online.

I plan to use this service because my daughter drink water all the time and I will need a case for our 6 day vacation and I want to have a few little snacks for when we get back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter