Von's Grocery Delivery Question

Baxhappyplace

Mouseketeer
So I have never used them before. We have decided to try them out this trip. My question is do you tip the delivery guy? If so how much? Also we are having the delivery for 5-6pm but we are checking in at the hotel at 4pm. The front desk told me that if we aren't here they would bring the groceries up to our room and put them away for us. If this is the case how do you leave a tip for the driver? Would you leave it at the front desk?

Depending on how many groceries I am ordering I will tip between $5 to $7. I have never used Vons Grocery Delivery but I have used similar grocery delivery companies and I add the tip to the total price before I check-out just in case my flight is delayed, traffic or I get stuck someplace else before I arrive at the hotel.

I can tell you they do sell alcohol, and yes they deliver it. I have mo idea about tobacco. They sell it, so I'd imagine they would deliver it.

If you order alcohol you need to be present when the order arrives. If you don't have any alcohol in your order, the hotel can accept it on your behalf.

I'm curious what hotel you are staying at? And I would call again to confirm they will accept on your behalf. When we stayed at DLH in 2010 a cast member told me they would accept delivery, but then I got a call while I was on the shuttle at the airport fron the Von's delivery guy (who was SUPER nice) that DLH was refusing to accept the delivery. There was no alcohol or cold items in it either. Was super annoying...ended up spending $45 for a cab to take us to & from Von's, but it was food for a week for 10 people so it was worth it.

We stayed at the DLH at the end of June 2013 and they did accept our Von's delivery around 12 pm even though our room was not made available to us until 3 pm. The bellstand also accepted our stroller rental which was also delivered prior to our arrival. Everyone in the bellstand area was incredibly helpful which offset the CM who processed our checkin who was not very helpful (I have already provided feedback to Disney on our experience). As others have stated, the order containing alcohol and/or tobacco may be denied if an age-appropriate adult is not present in the room.

We are staying at the Grand. I was going to make the order online before our flight for afternoon delivery. Do they do it that way or is it just whenever it gets there? Should we wait til we actually get to hotel then place order? It's not til Sept 19, but just trying very hard to organize this trip. Our first to DL.

We are staying at the Grand. I was going to make the order online before our flight for afternoon delivery. Do they do it that way or is it just whenever it gets there? Should we wait til we actually get to hotel then place order? It's not til Sept 19, but just trying very hard to organize this trip. Our first to DL.

You get to select a delivery window. If you want to place your order the day before you leave, you can select a one hour window on the next day.

twinspirit said:

You can order online up to a cpl Weeks before. I usually do it a week before or so to get the best delivery window, then I check up on the order the night before to make sure everything in stock, no issues, etc.

I usually have the order delivered shortly before my arrival time to the hotel so when my bags get brought up,.so do my groceries:)

We stayed at the DLH at the end of June 2013 and they did accept our Von's delivery around 12 pm even though our room was not made available to us until 3 pm. The bellstand also accepted our stroller rental which was also delivered prior to our arrival. Everyone in the bellstand area was incredibly helpful which offset the CM who processed our checkin who was not very helpful (I have already provided feedback to Disney on our experience). As others have stated, the order containing alcohol and/or tobacco may be denied if an age-appropriate adult is not present in the room.

Do the other 2 hotels (DL & PPH) NOT accept grocery delivery like The Grand due to not having enough storage or any proper refrigeration? The Grand has villas like most DVC properties in WDW and I've never had a problem out there with food delivery.

Do the other 2 hotels (DL & PPH) NOT accept grocery delivery like The Grand due to not having enough storage or any proper refrigeration? The Grand has villas like most DVC properties in WDW and I've never had a problem out there with food delivery.

I've stayed at GCH and PPH. Both accepted grocery delivery before we arrived. There were cold items in each delivery.

Last summer we found that the delivery day we wanted didn't have slots available, so I wouldn't wait until the last minute to order.

Last summer we found that the delivery day we wanted didn't have slots available, so I wouldn't wait until the last minute to order.

I agree with this. I waited until the few days before we left to schedule our delivery and the time slots were hard to come by. I would pick a delivery time as far as out as they'll let you (which looks to be 3 weeks). You can amend your order up until the day before your delivery, I believe.

We are staying at the Residence Inn Garden Grove. They said they would take our groceries up to the room if we were not there yet. Our check in time is 4pm but our delivery for the food is 5-6pm.

Please don't wait to place the order too long because I waited until just a few days and my 4-5pm window was all booked up. And yes you can change/add/delete to your order all the way up until early morning hours of the same day delivery is scheduled for.

I have a few more questions.

I'm up in Canada and have a Safeway club card, is there a way for me to get the Vons club card prices?

I also want to have the groceries delivered to the hotel (off site). Do I just go in as a guest or do I have to fill out the full form, which looks more difficult (phone #-do I use the hotels?, my cell doesn't work in the USA).

Last time I looked I saw soy yogurt, now I can't find any. My niece would probably prefer lactose free, but I don't see that either. Do they have it but because it's not something most people order it's not online?

squirrel said:
I have a few more questions.

I'm up in Canada and have a Safeway club card, is there a way for me to get the Vons club card prices?

I also want to have the groceries delivered to the hotel (off site). Do I just go in as a guest or do I have to fill out the full form, which looks more difficult (phone #-do I use the hotels?, my cell doesn't work in the USA).

Last time I looked I saw soy yogurt, now I can't find any. My niece would probably prefer lactose free, but I don't see that either. Do they have it but because it's not something most people order it's not online?

I can only answer one of your questions, my Safeway card from Washington works at Vons in California, same company. I use my sisters phone number all of the time down here since we don't have the gas stations and the savings isn't worth it at the station they do work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter