Volunteer Group for GKTW - Dec 9, 2011 - FINAL UPDATE

Nikki, please take Katie and I off the list. Something has come up and I don't think we will make it.

I cannot believe that in all my planning, I have somehow missed this thread!! My mother & I are coming down and have already filled out all paperwork and been assigned to work that whole day (7-4, I think...lost the email! :sad2:). We would love to meet up with other DISers, especially since it is because of the DIS that I even know of GKTW and want to volunteer. :lovestruc

They will have us down as Jessica Mullins & Dianna Smith. Nikki, I don't know if you can contact them to let them know we are with your group or what. In the meantime, I'll be searching through my emails (again!!) :surfweb: trying to find my contact's name as well as where they assigned us.

Let me know what else you need from me! Oh, and we are staying at the Pop. I saw that some are carpooling. If any others want to do that, our plan was to catch a taxi there and back.

:banana::banana: I'm so excited I found this!! :dance3:

I cannot believe that in all my planning, I have somehow missed this thread!! My mother & I are coming down and have already filled out all paperwork and been assigned to work that whole day (7-4, I think...lost the email! :sad2:). We would love to meet up with other DISers, especially since it is because of the DIS that I even know of GKTW and want to volunteer. :lovestruc

They will have us down as Jessica Mullins & Dianna Smith. Nikki, I don't know if you can contact them to let them know we are with your group or what. In the meantime, I'll be searching through my emails (again!!) :surfweb: trying to find my contact's name as well as where they assigned us.

Let me know what else you need from me! Oh, and we are staying at the Pop. I saw that some are carpooling. If any others want to do that, our plan was to catch a taxi there and back.

:banana::banana: I'm so excited I found this!! :dance3:

I just heard back from someone at GKTW. We are assigned to the Carousel from 8-11a then at Katie's Kitchen from 11-3p.

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and say that I'll be sure to sign up for some shifts at GKTW on this day as well -- would love to meet some DISers!

I would also be happy to help with the carpool if needed. I can fit 3 more in my little Jetta.

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and say that I'll be sure to sign up for some shifts at GKTW on this day as well -- would love to meet some DISers!

I would also be happy to help with the carpool if needed. I can fit 3 more in my little Jetta.

Hi!! My mother and I are scheduled to work two shifts that day; 8-3:30ish, I think. We would love to take you up on the offer of riding if possible. We will be staying at the Pop with no car and had just planned on taking a taxi. We can pay you gas money?? :goodvibes If it is way outta the way for you, no worries.

I'm very excited to get to volunteer at GKTW and especially with other DISers!! :yay:

Sure, that's no problem! No gas money required, it would be my pleasure! We can coordinate as it gets a little closer and see if anyone else wants to jump in.

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that this is the final list of volunteers. All of the below applicants have returned the appropriate paperwork and are on the schedule:

Daniel A.
Elizabeth A.
Katherine B.
Cristen C.
Tara D.
Destiny M.
Mary Anne M.
Marie S.
Diana V.

Please check this thread prior to your leaving for DAP so you have specifics about arrival procedures. :)

I may not be able to go, I didn't realise that the 9th is a Fri. If I'm back to work, which I hope is the case, I won't have the PTO time to take off. I used it all when I fell & crushed a vertebra in my back, have been out on short term disability. I'll keep you posted, see the Dr Wed am & will have a better idea of my status.

I may not be able to go, I didn't realise that the 9th is a Fri. If I'm back to work, which I hope is the case, I won't have the PTO time to take off. I used it all when I fell & crushed a vertebra in my back, have been out on short term disability. I'll keep you posted, see the Dr Wed am & will have a better idea of my status.
Just wanted to wish you well on your recovery Diana!

Ouch, Diana, that doesn't sound like any kind of fun. I hope you're well on the road to recovery!

XO
Liz

Hi Diana,

I already responded to your second PM and took you off of the schedule, as requested. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday at the HP event! Hugs!

Hi All,

Things are getting close! Please check the first post in this thread for an important update. If you have any questions, please PM me or leave them in this thread. I will be flying in while you are volunteering, but can be reached before your shift begins. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this experience even more rewarding than I already know it will be!

I will have my DIS shirt on and have a few extras... Let me know if you want me to bring 1 for you( they are large and xl). I have a cute large ladies shirt that does not fit me anymore you are welcome to keep if anyone wants it.

I am so excited to do this! I was so genuinely moved by what Pamela Landwirth said on the podcast from the cruise and from the video we saw before Cars 2. I think it's going to be amazing to have the opportunity to really give back. :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter