VMK Code for booking with WDTravel Company

AC7179

Registered
My daughter plays VMK and says if you book through WD Travel then you can get a code for something.

I booked through them and called today and the guy didn't know. Does anybody know how to go about redeeming the prize?

I heard it ended May 31 can anyone verify this?

You had to book a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company to Disneyland. You then are sent VMK cards with codes and the following items are included:
Stitch Hat
Traveling Stitch Pin
Blue Travel Trunk

The resort you stay at could either be a Disneyland hotel OR one of the "Good Neighbor" hotels. However, everything I'm finding on the Disneyland site (unless I'm missing something) says "valid only for arrivals through May 31, 2007." Since the VMK Kiosk at Disneyland is now closed, I don't know that any more of these cards will be given out.

Did did in deed end on the MAy 31 all vacation At DLR had to be before the end of may .sorry

The VMK promotion was for Disneyland Resorts and Good Neighbor resorts only ( not WDW ) with a minimum of two night stay and park tickets included in package and was a year long promotion that started last May(06 ) and ended for stays on May 31 of this year. Once you paid for your trip in full the cards were sent in your final documents for trip about 18-21 days prior to your trip. They came usually FED-EX confirmation signature delivery

Now since you booked online on your confirmation paperwork it should say under promotions VMK Rewards Cards IF you are to get them.
If it does not have that listed on confirmation paperwork , then doubt you will be getting them

You had to book a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company to Disneyland. You then are sent VMK cards with codes and the following items are included:
Stitch Hat
Traveling Stitch Pin
Blue Travel Trunk

The resort you stay at could either be a Disneyland hotel OR one of the "Good Neighbor" hotels. However, everything I'm finding on the Disneyland site (unless I'm missing something) says "valid only for arrivals through May 31, 2007." Since the VMK Kiosk at Disneyland is now closed, I don't know that any more of these cards will be given out.

They were included in your welcome package, not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that VMK Central would not be in the mix with the Stitch cards.

Thanks.

I did book for WDW not Disneyland so that would probably be the problem. Are there any VMK benefits to a WDW travel package?

Thanks.

I did book for WDW not Disneyland so that would probably be the problem. Are there any VMK benefits to a WDW travel package?

Comparable to the Stitch set? Nope. WDW travel packages had nothing.
Now, the only plus is that VMK Central is still around at WDW but not at DLR.

They were included in your welcome package, not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that VMK Central would not be in the mix with the Stitch cards.

Oh yes I knew these Stitch items were part of the package itsel fand not the kiosk, but since the kiosk is gone (and obviously these cards, like the kiosk, was to promote VMK), I'm just wondering if we're going to see these cards disappear as well. After the surprise of the kiosk closing, nothing would really shock me anymore, unfortunately.

Oh yes I knew these Stitch items were part of the package itsel fand not the kiosk, but since the kiosk is gone (and obviously these cards, like the kiosk, was to promote VMK), I'm just wondering if we're going to see these cards disappear as well. After the surprise of the kiosk closing, nothing would really shock me anymore, unfortunately.

On the surface, at least, the two events seem unrelated. Kiosk people never had any idea what was going on with the Stitch stuff. The travel agency behind the AMC was the place with the cards, but most guests got them in the mail or not at all. The latest promotion I saw extended the stitch deal to June 23.

WHere as i cant find that anywhere on the DLR site and the VMK card was replaced with a Character call. Can you please show a link thank you

So can anyone confirm that it has been extended through June 23 and if so is it only Disney Resort Hotels or Disney neighbor hotels as well???? We were actually supposed to go this week but my son got a severe case of the flu and we had to postpone but if we can still get the Stitch deal than I will absolutely go through Disney travel!

We just got back from our trip to DLR and we stayed at Candy Cane Inn which is a "good neighbor hotel" We received stitch cards upon check in at the hotel. We were told the promotion ended May 31st by Disney Travel, the people at the hotel had no idea what it was all about.

So can anyone confirm that it has been extended through June 23 and if so is it only Disney Resort Hotels or Disney neighbor hotels as well???? We were actually supposed to go this week but my son got a severe case of the flu and we had to postpone but if we can still get the Stitch deal than I will absolutely go through Disney travel!

What I got was an email from a Disney marketing partner, saying June 23, 2007 was the deadline for that particular promotion. It mentioned the VMK set, and it did not say "(for arrivals through May 31, 2007)" like most of the emails and web pages used to say. Looking at it again, it is not clear to me that the omission of the May 31 deadline was an affirmative confirmation that, say, a June 16 arrival would get the cards.

The new official Disney web page appears to replace the VMK stuff with the character call reward, but that applies beginning June 29. I haven't tried calling the travel center, since I'm not booking a stay this month.

email sent to me from Disney travel:

In a message dated 4/12/2007 1:07:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dl.wdtc@disneyonline.com writes:
Dear Guest,
Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort in Southern California.
VMK is offered with Arrival Dates: 1/3/07-5/29/07

Have a Disney Day!
Cyndy
Walt Disney Travel Company, Inc.
E-Commerce Desk

A DIS'er who booked her package before 5/31 but isn't going to the park till later this summer called a few days ago to see if she would get Stitch and they told her no --- only for trips that were before 5/31. So it appears that they are no longer giving away the Stitch set. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter