vistana resorts or villages

sunfun

Earning My Ears
what is the difference between vistana resorts and vistana villages? where are they located? easy to get to disney gates? how long? nice safe place for a family? do the one-bedrooms have a washer and dryer too? thanks

Hi Sunfun,

We have stayed at the Vistana Resort and will be staying at Vistana Villages this December. I do believe that all villas at either resort feature washer and dryers. Vistana Resort is located near I-4 on 536 or 535 very close to Crossroads and Downtown Disney. We found the distance to the parks to be minimal and were able to avoid using I-4. Vistana Villages is about 5 - 10 minutes farther at the southern more undeveloped end of International Drive. We chose the Villages for our next visit because of the lower rates and that the Villages are a newer resort and you don't have to worry about getting an older unit although I have read that many of the older units at the Resort have been refurbished. If you do a search on these boards using "Vistana" you will find a lot of information. Also check www.vistana.com and it will list all the resort and unit amenities for each development. Good luck with your choice and have a good time wherever you wind up.

roxanne

I agree with jtryan. I'd also consider both resorts quite safe & family friendly.

If you are going with teens, you'd find more for them to do at the Vistana Resort, since it's much larger, with many different pools and recreation centers, more sport facilities, etc. Here, all the 1-BR's that have a full kitchen also ought to have an inroom washer/dryer. One of the pools has a short, steep, zippy slide too.

Vistana Villages has a nice looking main pool too and of course, it's newer. Here, (the web site says) units offer a washer/dryer. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter