• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

vistana resort vs. orange lake

fordham2003

Earning My Ears
We are debating where to stay and I think we are narrowed to Vistana resort, and Orange Lake resort. It will be my 2 sisters and my mom, and now possibly my aunt.

Been only to Vistana resort myself, but a friend of mine has been to both and likes Vistana resort better, she says its more tropical.

Joanna

Been to both and I definitely preferred Vistana. Plus the roads to Orang Lake traffic was a nightmare.

If you do Vistana, request the newer section like the Cascades. Robinrs posted some beautiful pictures of her stay there recently on these boards. We got the older section last month and it was dreadful.

AZKathy--
what section were you in?

Originally posted by erinch
AZKathy--
what section were you in?

We were in the Falls section. We had two-two bedroom condos number 325 and 327. They reaked of cigarettes (we even bought OUST to try and get rid of the odors, but nothing helped), we had ants crawling on the kitchen counters and roaches in the bathrooms. (I understand that Florida is know for bugs and it is hard to take care of them, and even the Disney resorts have their problems, but this was a bit too much)

The rooms looked like they tried to update some 60's style condos as best as they could. The jacuzzi tub was very very hard to get in to and take a shower; it was very deep. It was not like the regular garden jacuzzi tub you can see in Robin's pictures. The worst part was the odor of the condo; thank goodness none of the asthmatics in our party of 12 had any problems with this. We asked about why our rooms smelled of cigarettes and don't they differentiate between smoking and non smoking and they said they don't. I was surprised, even the cheaper hotels do that!

I read on these boards that they put the RCI trades in the older section and we requested a newer section since we were an RCI trade, but that did not help...we still got the older section. Won't trade there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter