Visiting The Fort To View Christmas Decorations

livingis2me

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I've heard about and have seen video of campsites at the Fort decorated for Christmas. I was thinking about visiting the Fort during our annual Santa visit at Downtown Disney. We'd like to rent a golf cart to ride around and check out the decorated sites. Is this doable for a non-guest?

Thanks,
Ron

Sure, livingis2me/Ron, it's doable.

You can call and rent a Disney golf cart (24 hour minimum). Drive to the Fort, park in the parking lot near the checkin buildings which is where you pick up the golf cart rental. You might be able to include other activities in the evening at the Fort like dinner at Trails End, the campfire singalong, or a wagon ride. You will see many decorations in all the loops but for the "sweet spot" hit 700, 100, 200, 400 (that nexus).

Some nights may be crowded with visitors so don't be surprised if it's easier to park you cart and walk some loops.

:santa: Enjoy the Fort at Christmas!

Bama ED

PS- for the record, a golf cart is helpful but day visitors can still see the decorations without one. Walk the "sweet spot" loops and get off the bus routes for any other great setups. Just don't be in a hurry and enjoy the setups.

1) Bama ED said it pretty well.
2) In almost every case, I would rent the golf cart.
3) FW is HUGE, and walking the sites can be tiring.
. . . it is 1-mile from check-in to the lake
. . . it is about 3/4-mile side-to-side
4) If you want to rent the cart, call ASAP, as they go quickly.
. . . even though pricey, well worth the cost for several hours of touring
. . . call 407-824-2742
. . . guarantee with a credit card (but not charged at phone time)
. . . price is about $65 after tax for 24-hrs
5) Touring
. . . drive/walk around in both daylight and darkness
. . . some sites are cuter without lights
. . . others are spectacular with the lighting
6) With driving around and activities, you could easily spend 5-6 hrs
. . . 3-hrs campfire (campfire, sing-along, movie)
. . . 3-hrs driving around to see the campsites (day and night)

When we checked out this morning - no carts were available - saw lots of carts out and about last night - so many beautifully decorated sites to see!

Sure, livingis2me/Ron, it's doable.

You can call and rent a Disney golf cart (24 hour minimum). Drive to the Fort, park in the parking lot near the checkin buildings which is where you pick up the golf cart rental. You might be able to include other activities in the evening at the Fort like dinner at Trails End, the campfire singalong, or a wagon ride. You will see many decorations in all the loops but for the "sweet spot" hit 700, 100, 200, 400 (that nexus).

Some nights may be crowded with visitors so don't be surprised if it's easier to park you cart and walk some loops.

:santa: Enjoy the Fort at Christmas!

Bama ED

PS- for the record, a golf cart is helpful but day visitors can still see the decorations without one. Walk the "sweet spot" loops and get off the bus routes for any other great setups. Just don't be in a hurry and enjoy the setups.

1) Bama ED said it pretty well.
2) In almost every case, I would rent the golf cart.
3) FW is HUGE, and walking the sites can be tiring.
. . . it is 1-mile from check-in to the lake
. . . it is about 3/4-mile side-to-side
4) If you want to rent the cart, call ASAP, as they go quickly.
. . . even though pricey, well worth the cost for several hours of touring
. . . call 407-824-2742
. . . guarantee with a credit card (but not charged at phone time)
. . . price is about $65 after tax for 24-hrs
5) Touring
. . . drive/walk around in both daylight and darkness
. . . some sites are cuter without lights
. . . others are spectacular with the lighting
6) With driving around and activities, you could easily spend 5-6 hrs
. . . 3-hrs campfire (campfire, sing-along, movie)
. . . 3-hrs driving around to see the campsites (day and night)

Thanks Guys! We've camped at the fort before, so we are aware of the distances.:goodvibes Sounds like this will make for a good day.

Ron

We've reserved a cart for Saturday 12/22. Looking forward to seeing all the decorated sites.

Ron

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter