Visiting Paris????

billwendy

DIS Veteran
HI,

I need some advice. We will be visiting Paris arriving late on a monday and leaving first thing on saturday morning. We will be 3 adults and 1 11 y.o. girl. We want to do the parks at DLP and also want to see the Eiffel tower and maybe Notre Dame.....how should we divide up the time? should we stay at DLP and commute into the city???? any advice would be awesome!!! also, where should we stay? are there any inexpensive suites? what about that new Kyrion hotel? is it in the magic enough? we were there a few years ago and stayed at the new yorker and had a great time.....thanks, wendy:wave:

Hi Wendy

You did not mention which month you will be visiting. If you go in August there are some good hotel deals in central Paris as many Parisians are on holiday, like children stay free or extra night free. But no deal at DLP.

It is easy to commute to DLP on the train, it's about 45 minutes. You could say a couple of days at the park and the rest in Paris. Have a great time whatever you decide to do. :p

I would recommend staying on-site and travelling into Paris. IN my opinion you just can't beat staying close to the parks for the sheer convenience as well as that little touch of magic!

The new Kyriad hotel is likely to serve mainly the French market, so this may not be most suitable. The new Explorers' Hotel will be aimed more at the British market, and looks like a fun hotel. There's a nice pool, free shuttle to the parks and there are family suites (double bed plus bunkbeds) at a reasonable price.

Getting into Paris is very easy - just 45 minutes on the RER line. You can then get to most of the famous landmarks by the Metro system. If you are feeling less adventurous, DLP has started a coach tour of the city which departs from one of the hotels (the New York I think). Details of this, and lots more, can be found in Simon Veness' guide to DLP.

DLP hotels book up very quickly in peak season, so as soon as you know your dates of travel I would make your reservation so that you get the hotel you want.

Regards

Rob

THanks for your help,

we will be travelling in mid october. when you mean it is geared towards a certain market, what does that mean?

thanks a ton!!

It will advertised heavily in that country, but not others. The Kyriad, for example, is a budget hotel chain across France. On the other hand the Explorers' Hotel will be part of the My Travel group (a British company). My guess is that these two hotels will be dominated by French and British visitors respectively.

There will not be any problems if you decide you would like to stay in the Kyriad, but you should be aware that the majority of guests are likely to be French.

Regards

Rob

I returned from Paris yesterday.

I recommend you stay in Paris. Almost all the Disney packages charge you for park passes and the hotels are fairly expensive. You can stay at a nice place in Paris for a lot less money and just move to the park for a night or two.

I loved the park when I went, but I spent 4 days in Paris and there was still lots I did not get to see and this was my fourth visit. I decided to go at the last minute with a friend and she had thought about going to the park on her last day, but changed her mind to spend more time in Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter