• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting Other Resorts

We always drive to WDW and we also think that WDW transportation is great to the parks, BUT when we go resort-to-resort we will always drive our own car. To much time is wasted using WDW trying to go from 1 resort to another.

I do have another question:) On our up coming trip we want to visit POFQ and since they do not do ADRs and that they are a Mod, I am thinking that it should not be an issue. I know it wasn't in the past.
For the reasons you stated, plus the fact that POFQ isn’t a near-park or monorail/Skyliner resort, I agree that it shouldn’t be difficult to drive and park there.

Please report back about your experience, no matter how it goes!

For the reasons you stated, plus the fact that POFQ isn’t a near-park or monorail/Skyliner resort, I agree that it shouldn’t be difficult to drive and park there.

Please report back about your experience, no matter how it goes!
We're on the same page:) I know in the past, we would always drive to the other Deluxe resorts to look around, shop and possibly eat, all except CR (we knew that parking there is not allowed). But over the last few years they have started preventing it. We were looking at going to POFQ and getting some beignets and maybe walk over to POR and do a carriage ride one evening. If we do make time for this, I will surely report back the results. Also if we have time, my DD wants to get some pics at AOA.

Last edited:
Also if we have time, my DD wants to get some pics at AOA.
I'd plan to park at DHS (if I could park there for free) and take the Skyliner or at DS and take the bus to AoA. I'd rather not wonder whether I'll be allowed into AoA or not!

I'd plan to park at DHS (if I could park there for free) and take the Skyliner or at DS and take the bus to AoA. I'd rather not wonder whether I'll be allowed into AoA or not!
^ This. A few years ago, the resorts that only had bus transportation to the parks were easy to enter with either a dining reservation or a mobile order meal. Sometimes on a resort day offsite, we would take our toddler grandkids for a Mickey waffle breakfast at a value or moderate resort. Then we'd walk around and look at all the huge icons or visit the playground before returning to our offsite resort. The guards would let us park when we showed them the mobile order.

No more. Over the last year+, we've been turned away a couple times, even with a full family meal on mobile order and AP's (i.e, we're not skipping on paying for parking). After initially saying we couldn't park and directing us to park at DS or TTC, they did ask if we were staying on property. So I don't know if that would have made a difference there. Maybe. I just wouldn't want to waste time by going to the resort first to see.

However, this also happened to us once at the Poly while staying onsite at SSR. It was during a pretty busy time at the parks (last February). We made a spur of the moment decision to get a meal at the Kona Cafe. The guard said that all of the MK resorts had full parking lots. So even onsite guests with a sit-down dining reservation were being asked to park at TTC and take the monorail to the restaurant. He told us to stay to the left as we drive back around the TTC, to enter the TTC parking lot via the return driveway.

I think they've gotten much more strict with resort parking overall. I guess it depends on the guard and how busy things are. If we want beignets now, we either take Disney transport from onsite, or we park at DS and ride the boat up to POFQ. Just easier than getting turned away and having to drive back anyhow.

Thanks for the advise.
That day is just a non-park day and we will just be driving around anyway, so if we get turned away it won't be a big deal and we will adjust accordingly. :car: Personally, I think it would be over kill at the Mods or Values, because we all know their parking lots are huge and do not even get close to being full. And especially since they are already collecting $$ from me for parking at another resort. I totally get stopping
off-site guests and not allowing it at the Deluxes since they have less parking. JMO

Thanks for the advise.
That day is just a non-park day and we will just be driving around anyway, so if we get turned away it won't be a big deal and we will adjust accordingly. :car: Personally, I think it would be over kill at the Mods or Values, because we all know their parking lots are huge and do not even get close to being full. And especially since they are already collecting $$ from me for parking at another resort. I totally get stopping
off-site guests and not allowing it at the Deluxes since they have less parking. JMO
They’ve gotten tougher at the Skyliner resorts to prevent people from using them as DHS/Epcot parking, which is why I’d park at DHS and enjoy the Skyliner ride from there to AoA!

On this topic, we are staying off property but we're thinking one of the days we could eat at art of animation and then walk the kids around to see some of the character statues.

Would this be something we could do if we pay for parking?

Two ways to do this...
Park for free at Disney Springs and take the resort bus to Art of Animation.
Pay to park at Hollywood Studios and take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach, switch to the Skyliner to Art of Animation. If you love the Skyliner (like we do), afterward, ride the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach to the back entrance of Epcot and return back the same way. That line to Epcot is the nicest, most scenic ride.

You may not pay for parking at Art of Animation. Resort guests staying there pay a fee, tacked onto their room charges, for parking their car in the resort's parking lot. The security gate guard does not accept payments of any kind and will not let you park there.

Two ways to do this...
Park for free at Disney Springs and take the resort bus to Art of Animation.
Pay to park at Hollywood Studios and take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach, switch to the Skyliner to Art of Animation. If you love the Skyliner (like we do), afterward, ride the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach to the back entrance of Epcot and return back the same way. That line to Epcot is the nicest, most scenic ride.

You may not pay for parking at Art of Animation. Resort guests staying there pay a fee, tacked onto their room charges, for parking their car in the resort's parking lot. The security gate guard does not accept payments of any kind and will not let you park there.

Thanks! How late does the transportation between Disney springs and Art of Animation run?

I believe it runs until an hour after DS closes. Not 100% sure. Certainly, rideshare is an option if you miss the last bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter