Visiting Hogwarts...getting my wand and maybe a robe?

SaphireBeast18

Earning My Ears
So after Disney World I'm going to Hogwarts. A must on my list is going to get my wand. I thought I could get a Ravenclaw robe as well, until I saw the price (Ouch) Do you think it's worth the money? Cause I don't want pay unless it's worth it. #RavenclawPride đź’™

So after Disney World I'm going to Hogwarts. A must on my list is going to get my wand. I thought I could get a Ravenclaw robe as well, until I saw the price (Ouch) Do you think it's worth the money? Cause I don't want pay unless it's worth it. #RavenclawPride đź’™
The interactive wand is 100% worth it. Personally, I couldn’t justify the steep price of the robe. Maybe one day. You will see plenty of people walking around in them so they thought it was worth the money. I got a cute wand stand from amazon and have that on display. The robe I figured would just sit in a closet.

If you think you’ll go back at a time of year that you will wear it again, go for it! I can’t imagine how hot it would be wearing a robe tho. Maybe get a t-shirt or some Ravenclaw socks instead?

Their price on the robe is ridiculous. If you have sewing skills, buy fabric and make your own. You could even make it look more like the book version, aka an actual robe instead of a cloak. If you aren’t skilled at sewing, buy a cheaper Halloween one. Or find a black graduation robe, sew some blue cloth to the inside of the sleeves, and a Ravenclaw patch on. That’s what I did, using my college graduation robe. Spent less than $15.

Now is a great time to find the robes a lot cheaper online. The ones you get at Uni are really nice, but thick and heavy. Between the price and knowing there was no way our kids were going to wear a robe around like that all day in FL in Nov, we bought inexpensive, lightweight costume ones online.

We did buy the interactive wands at uni and felt those were definitely worth it.

Bought my youngest his robe last trip! He was thrilled to be taking it back again, we are on our way to Hogwarts for a week right now!!!

I believe it was around a $100 bucks with AP discount, seems to be good quality also, of course there is a hidden wand compartment!!!

Thanks everyone! I think I'll at least try it on before I make a decision. Most likely I won't be wearing it in the park, though having it for halloween or cosplay (If your a nerd like me) would be amazing.

Remember that you can buy Wizarding World merchandise at the front-entrance gift shops and other places....
"AAA members receive 10% with a minimum pre-tax purchase of $50, or 15% off with a minimum purchase of $75, at most merchandise (excluding carts and kiosks) inside Universal’s theme parks and at CityWalk’s Universal Studios Store" LINK

Here's the pattern
Simplicity 8723 Harry Potter robe sewing pattern

If you plan on making it or using a grad robe be sure to buy a patch!

OP, if you can afford both and really want them, then go for it! It doesn't matter what others think, only on what YOU want! Have fun!

Do they still sell the scarves? I got a Slytherin one when I visited ages ago and still use it. Real Potter fans know what it is, and it's more versatile than a robe!

I still want a wand though....:(

Buy it from AliExpress.

We bought one for our son and he wore it religiously (still wears it a bit and is making another trip in a few weeks) but had I done more research I would have gotten one online beforehand.

The interactive wand is pretty cool though, but again imo only if you want to do the interactive areas (we do). If you just want to look the part again I'd just buy online.

My son’s from UO is amazing. It’s almost ten years old and still looks brand new. Of course he can’t wear it anymore since he was 6 when he got it and he’s a 6’ 15 year old now lol. But he wore it as long as he could get his shoulders in it, and we’ve loaned it out.

If you’re in an area where Halloween is chilly, it’s great for that.

But as a fellow Ravenclaw I’ll warn you that they use movie colors and bird for merchandise. If that bothers you, find one elsewhere.

But as a fellow Ravenclaw I’ll warn you that they use movie colors and bird for merchandise. If that bothers you, find one elsewhere.

It’s so irritating that almost everything is blue and silver with a raven! WB forever ruined Ravenclaw merch. It’s not just a Universal problem either. Why Rowling let the colors and bird be changed is something I will never understand.

So ture...I will never understand why they did that.

I think they had some reasons. They make no sense, mind you. Hard to get the bronze color to show on screen, and “but the name has raven in it so how can it be an eagle?” Nonsense. No one cares that gryffindor is a lion not a griffin. Or that a huffle isn’t a badger.

Also the books really really hide the bird and color. It’s NOT easy to find the info. If I recall (from my obsessive word searches on my “all books” pottermore edition on kindle) the first time it’s really in your face that the color is bronze is when Luna and Harry are in the Ravenclaw common room! But then Harry is using an unforgivable curse against Alecta, so who notices the wall hangings?

But omg of ALL the houses to make such a change, thinking no one would notice, choosing ravenclaw was a terrrrrrible idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!