Visiting for lunch?

happily single

Left foot first!
We are headed to Hawaii next week!!! Sadly when we tried to book Aulani was not available. Of course, once I purchased a non-refundable package Aulani became available, but anyways.... The kids and I would love to "go check it out" Are we able to park in their parking lot? I've also read of people walking over from the Marriott or a nearby store. Any suggestions?

Also, once we are having lunch/looking around, is there anything that is a "not to be missed?"

Day visitors can do self-parking at a rate of $12 for the first hour and $5 for every half hour after that up to $37. The first 30 minutes are free. You can get free validated parking for 2.5 hours if you spend $50 or more on one single receipt at 'Ama'Ama, Makahiki, The Olelo Room (between 5 and 11pm), Off the Hook (between 5 and 9pm), Kalepa's, or Hale Manu.

I believe Makahiki is the only TS restaurant currently open, and I believe only resort guests can dine there for now. As someone who is not staying at the resort, I think you can dine at Ulu Cafe which is the QS. IMO, it might be better to plan a meal somewhere else in Ko Olina and just stroll the grounds of Aulani to check it out. You can enter through the main lobby, there's no checkpoint to confirm if you're staying there.

Across the street from Aulani is a small plaza with a few restaurants. I'm not sure if its public parking or only for patrons of the stores/restaurants, but that would be a good place to park for free if you plan to eat somewhere like Monkeypod or one of the other restaurants there. Or even if you plan to shop at the stores. Its an easy walk across the street to Aulani.

The Marriott is up the road and also an easy walk to Aulani, but I would assume they charge for parking as well. There are restaurants there and at the Four Seasons, on the other side of Aulani, that may be worth looking into.

nkerenia is correct, non resort quest cannot dine at Makahiki or any other TS restaurant at this time.

What we did was go to the Ulu cafe, ordered Dole Whips and then took them out to the beach. We did this more than once on our stay at the Marriott. I am still bitter that they had no Mickey Bars and only Dole Whips.

We are headed to Hawaii next week!!! Sadly when we tried to book Aulani was not available. Of course, once I purchased a non-refundable package Aulani became available, but anyways.... The kids and I would love to "go check it out" Are we able to park in their parking lot? I've also read of people walking over from the Marriott or a nearby store. Any suggestions?

Also, once we are having lunch/looking around, is there anything that is a "not to be missed?"
If you want to check out the resort and don't mind a nice walk, you can always park at lagoon #4 which is the public lagoon and walk along the shore of the other lagoons down to Aulani. Additionally, I highly recommend MonkeyPod Kitchen if your looking for a nearby place to have lunch or dinner.

A great option is to go have dinner at Monkeypod and watch the sunset from Aulani either before or after your dinner (depending when you like to eat). The sunset from the west side is absolutely stunning and not to be missed! I've lived on Oahu for three years now and have been to Aulani a number of times, so if you have any other question about Aulani or Oahu in general feel free to ask me!

If you want to check out the resort and don't mind a nice walk, you can always park at lagoon #4 which is the public lagoon and walk along the shore of the other lagoons down to Aulani. Additionally, I highly recommend MonkeyPod Kitchen if your looking for a nearby place to have lunch or dinner.

A great option is to go have dinner at Monkeypod and watch the sunset from Aulani either before or after your dinner (depending when you like to eat). The sunset from the west side is absolutely stunning and not to be missed! I've lived on Oahu for three years now and have been to Aulani a number of times, so if you have any other question about Aulani or Oahu in general feel free to ask me!
that's a great idea. Thank you!

We are here now and since dining is for resort guests only right now, they are turning non guests away from the parking garage. We saw this happen to the car in front of us. Sign at the garage also says resort guest parking only. Not sure how long that will last.

We are here now and since dining is for resort guests only right now, they are turning non guests away from the parking garage. We saw this happen to the car in front of us. Sign at the garage also says resort guest parking only. Not sure how long that will last.
I like the idea of going to the lagoon and walking to Aulani. Thanks for letting us know about parking

I like the idea of going to the lagoon and walking to Aulani. Thanks for letting us know about parking

When you are driving into the Ko Olina area, there is a "guard" shack that has the number of parking spots left at each public parking area. You will probably have to ask where each lot is because I don't remember seeing signs, but then I wasn't looking for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter