Vision issue - dark ride lines

Most phone ( or at lest iPhons ) come with a flash light.

1) Why do people assume that EVERYONE has a "smart phone", "iPhone", "etc"?
2) We get along fine with just an old-fashioned flip-phone.
. . . IT IS "smart"
. . . it takes calls
. . . it makes calls
. . . it takes voice messages
. . . how much more does a person really need?
3) What us your other alternative?

This is a good thread! My mom has retina issues and is almost completely blind in the dark. I have a big bag of mini led flashlights. I have to remember to grab a bunch of the red ones for her to use. I'd imagine they're also good for a scared kid.

I stumbled into a new, for me, dark standby cue: Peter Pan in Magic Kingdom. We were there at rope drop and the standby line for short so we entered. Yikes is it dark and full of turns back and forth.

This is a good thread! My mom has retina issues and is almost completely blind in the dark. I have a big bag of mini led flashlights. I have to remember to grab a bunch of the red ones for her to use. I'd imagine they're also good for a scared kid.

As long as it doesn't spoil the special effects/hinder the viewing of others, of course.

As long as it doesn't spoil the special effects/hinder the viewing of others, of course.
She didn't end up using a flashlight on the rides, but my 5 year old did. It's a tiny light and it wasn't visible from other cars, only if you were sitting next to him. Turns out he's terrified of the dark.

My mom found the Mermaid queue treacherous.

My eyes are slow to adjust to light changes. Last trip, I had a really hard time when coming from outdoors/daylight into a dimly lit queue - 7DMT and POTC are specific examples. I travel solo, so don't have a companion to follow.

I'd love to hear the answers to this also. Last time I was solo in the POTC queue, and I wondered how they allow such darkness. The little Mermaid queue in the new Fantasyland area is another very difficult one.

I'd love to hear the answers to this also. Last time I was solo in the POTC queue, and I wondered how they allow such darkness. The little Mermaid queue in the new Fantasyland area is another very difficult one.

Interesting that you posted this. Frankly, on my recent trip (2/4-11) I ended up just avoiding lines I knew were a problem. I had forgotten about Little Mermaid, however, when I saw a short wait and hopped in. Luckily there was a wonderful woman behind me who saw my issue trying to feel my way along and kindly stepped in to help me along. Seriously, she was awesome and I really appreciated it. I could have tried the flashlight on my phone, but I really was caught off guard by the darkness and the line was moving as fast as you could walk.

DW has difficulty in low light and grumbles about many of the lines. She has used a small flashlight in the past and would be in trouble without it or me to help her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter