Visa Rewards to pay for package?

jpkkld

Mouseketeer
Payment question:

We signed up for the no-annual-fee VISA a couple years ago. We have a GC for signing up, and I'll request my redemption card when we get closer to our January trip. We should have $500+ by the time we go.

Currently, I have a room only package. If I don't get a discount, my plan is to buy tix (3 adults) from UC and pay OOP for food. I will use my Rewards GCs for food until gone, and use the VISA for the 10% discount where I can.

BUT if I can get a good Stay-Play-Dine discount, I'll upgrade my package. My question is, how can I use those GCs if I do a full package? I won't need them for dining, and we don't buy many souvenirs. Can I apply my cards to my bill?

This has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. Thanks for your patience with the same old question!

Yes you can apply your gift card/redemption card to your bill. (It gives you those options when you go to make a payment)
BTW you're losing out on what is probably the best benefit of the Disney Visa credit card by only having a room only reservation and that is the 6 months 0% interest rate that you only receive if you book a vacation package.

Yes you can apply your gift card/redemption card to your bill. (It gives you those options when you go to make a payment)

Yay! Thank you! I do actually like to be on the DP, but with my kid over 9, the convenience vs. cost benefit just isn't there.... Depending on the discounts, I'm hopeful the SPD discount works out for us.

BTW you're losing out on what is probably the best benefit of the Disney Visa credit card by only having a room only reservation and that is the 6 months 0% interest rate that you only receive if you book a vacation package.

Actually, that was my first bit of pixie dust for this trip! When I called to make the reservation, the CM was able to offer me a room-only PACKAGE that allowed me to take advantage of the VISA perk. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to do it, but she was as excited as I was when it went through!

Just an FYI, I had trouble using Disney Rewards points to pay off my package balance on my last trip and had to call the payment in. Just wanted to give you a heads up if your card is rejected online when you go to make the payment. You can always call it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter