Virtual 5K first timer saying hi!

loislane

DIS Veteran
I've never done any runDisney event before but a friend convinced me to sign up for one of this summer's virtual races. I'm not a runner. I'm 51, overweight, out of shape, but love all things Disney. I had been working out regularly this year, then I fell on my hip and bruised it pretty badly, followed by an injury to my shoulder. Then a few weeks ago, covid finally found me. Anyway, I decided to do an indoor walking workout this morning and my mind said "today's the day" so once the workout was done, I literally walked laps in the street in front of my house until I hit 5K.
And that's my first runDisney story! LOL. I'm cruising next month and hoping to snag my Castaway Cay 5K medal, too. :)

Hi! :wave2:
Welcome to runDisney and congrats on your first 5k! I hope it's the first of many.

Hi! :wave2:
Welcome to runDisney and congrats on your first 5k! I hope it's the first of many.
Thanks - not my first 5K ever - just my first Disney one. I do have pretty bad arthritis so my running days are mostly behind me, but I can still do a mean walk!

Congrats on your first runDisney 5K! But be warned, runDisney is a fun but dangerously addictive hobby!

Congrats! Great story. Maybe do a 5k in person one day (April? Spring surprise registration is later this month) - its soooooo much fun! (And you can walk it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter