Virgin Reward seat sale (NYC August)

Hi Wayne.
Can you tell me how reward seats work. Do you get miles if you fly with Virgin & then use them the following year to get a discount? I notice Delta had some sort of club, would this be the same sort of thing? Like you i'm looking for next August, can't believe the prices for in direct are so high, guess it's a waiting game?

Wayne, don't see how they can call this a sale.:confused3

I booked a couple of weeks ago for 29/07/10, coming back 13/08/10, from LHR to NY and it cost 25,000 miles plus £189.80 per person!!

This was a long term offer at the time!

Hi Wayne.
Can you tell me how reward seats work. Do you get miles if you fly with Virgin & then use them the following year to get a discount? I notice Delta had some sort of club, would this be the same sort of thing? Like you i'm looking for next August, can't believe the prices for in direct are so high, guess it's a waiting game?
Yes thats correct, you earn miles each trip then can get discounted seats or free seats and just pay taxes, also free upgrades, companion seats + more.

Wayne, don't see how they can call this a sale.:confused3

I booked a couple of weeks ago for 29/07/10, coming back 13/08/10, from LHR to NY and it cost 25,000 miles plus £189.80 per person!!

This was a long term offer at the time!

Ah, I thought it was 25,000 each way. So they have increased it on that route. 25,000 return was a great offer.

The normal reward seat to NY is 50,000 return but VA have had an offer on for quite a while reducing this to 25,000 return - the offer had been available for a while and it said it was to run indefinately.

We decided to go for it as we will never be able to spend our miles on flights to MCO as we need to go in school hols now. So we are doing 3 nights in NY before getting Continental down to MCO and back from TPA (just under £500 for the 3 of us and earning more VA miles:)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter