Virgin/MDE problem - who should I contact?

Realfoodfans

DIS Veteran
I'm finding it a little stressful that Virgin/Disney systems can't talk to each other. First problem people find is the booking reference/Disney confirmation number are different - I had to ring Disney to get the number.

Also raised an issue over a wrong child's age - told I'd have to contact Virgin. Virgin say they have correct details I'll have to phone Disney back!

Just realised Memory Maker (included in booking) is not showing - anyone know how to add that or will I have to ring again to query that.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Thank you!

When is your trip?
From past experience the appropriate reference number is not always released immediately, even by Disney, if the trip is some time away.
Glad you've got yours now.
Memory maker is automatic and activates the first time you scan your band for a photograph.
If your trip is a while off maybe leave things, see what happens, it may all magically resolve!
Good luck :tinker:

When is your trip?
From past experience the appropriate reference number is not always released immediately, even by Disney, if the trip is some time away.
Glad you've got yours now.
Memory maker is automatic and activates the first time you scan your band for a photograph.
If your trip is a while off maybe leave things, see what happens, it may all magically resolve!
Good luck :tinker:
Thank you for your quick reply!
Yes no panic yet only getting ready for when I can start to make bookings! But I assume it should say memory maker is paid for - currently it comes up with an offer to purchase it? I'm sure I'll have more questions so I'm starting a list then will ring the help line who are very efficient- just wondered if any other Virgin customer had experienced this :thanks:

Does your invoice/paperwork from virgin include MM? I'm guessing it was part of the package - if so it will just be automatic.
I agree, if things are stressing you then make a list, just be prepared for conflicting answers
It will all be worth it, you'll have an amazing time:stitch::simba:

Does your invoice/paperwork from virgin include MM? I'm guessing it was part of the package - if so it will just be automatic.
I agree, if things are stressing you then make a list, just be prepared for conflicting answers
It will all be worth it, you'll have an amazing time:stitch::simba:
Yes we got Quick dining and MM - like you I don't normally plan this much and we still have a great time!

We booked directly through disney and everything else shows on our account just not memory maker. I emailed disney and they said it is there but won't show until first time use. I was worried too as it comes up with the option to buy but I'll trust what disney say and pray it all works ok when we get there.

We booked directly through disney and everything else shows on our account just not memory maker. I emailed disney and they said it is there but won't show until first time use. I was worried too as it comes up with the option to buy but I'll trust what disney say and pray it all works ok when we get there.
Thank you! Looks like you might be there a similar time too! When do you fly?

don't worry too much about the memory maker thing. it rarely shows up on MDE, but its always worked for us once we get there, and we book direct with Disney. I think its a UK thing.
Enjoy your trip! Where are you staying?

don't worry too much about the memory maker thing. it rarely shows up on MDE, but its always worked for us once we get there, and we book direct with Disney. I think its a UK thing.
Enjoy your trip! Where are you staying?
Thank you! We're returning to POFQ - love being able to take the boats to Disney Springs!

Thank you! We're returning to POFQ - love being able to take the boats to Disney Springs!
Nice resort. The transfer of data seems to be worse this year, we've booked 2 weeks for July 2 weeks ago and its still not showing in MDE. I'm not that fussed, but it seems much less co-ordinated this year.....

Nice resort. The transfer of data seems to be worse this year, we've booked 2 weeks for July 2 weeks ago and its still not showing in MDE. I'm not that fussed, but it seems much less co-ordinated this year.....
Where are you staying?

Poly CL. Never done 2 weeks at Disney, we usually do one week at WDW and one week at the beach, but this year we are changing it up a bit....
Last time when it was just hubs and me we did that - we stayed on Anna Marie Island it was beautiful!

Last time when it was just hubs and me we did that - we stayed on Anna Marie Island it was beautiful!
We went there last year! Absolutely loved it we - thought it was amazing. Our kids are 3 and 6, and the first week is always Disney, so we want to spend a bit longer as the first couple of days are a write off due to the jet lag, so can't really enjoy the later stuff.

Memory Maker automatically activates once you get there so don't worry about that one. Ignore that bit in the website you don't need to do anything else. VH reservations will be updated by Disney closer to the time or you can ring them closer to the time of your vacation. Ours has already changed three times since we made our booking but I'm not concerned about it. As long as you have your reservation paperwork they will accept that. They can organise your DME too they just need your flight arrival and departure details.
Your tickets activate once you access the parks and the dining plan begins from your check in date to midnight on your check out date ( can be handy if you get delayed).You can access the CMs from the Walt Disney Travel Co phone number in the U.K. Which is better than trying to call the USA. That's how we make our ADRs when the window opens for our dates.

Memory Maker automatically activates once you get there so don't worry about that one. Ignore that bit in the website you don't need to do anything else. VH reservations will be updated by Disney closer to the time or you can ring them closer to the time of your vacation. Ours has already changed three times since we made our booking but I'm not concerned about it. As long as you have your reservation paperwork they will accept that. They can organise your DME too they just need your flight arrival and departure details.
Your tickets activate once you access the parks and the dining plan begins from your check in date to midnight on your check out date ( can be handy if you get delayed).You can access the CMs from the Walt Disney Travel Co phone number in the U.K. Which is better than trying to call the USA. That's how we make our ADRs when the window opens for our dates.
Thank you! I didn't know I could ring the UK CMs for ADRs. We have a vehicle booked so won't need DME though we are planning to use buses to the parks this time.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter