Virgin Atlantic Check In

As far as I am aware. Online check in is only optional so you do not have to do it. Although, I cant help you on the other subject. Maybe, Obi can help. :confused3

Yeahh I'd prefer to do online check-in so we can get seats together, but I have no idea which airline to check in with :confused3 AT the airport, I have to go to the Virgin desk, but the eTicket I've been sent is Continental's. How confusing these codeshares are!

Well currently in Orlando on VS0028 Tuesday, on line check in showed as available since 17.55 but it will not allow me to complete the process saying I must go to the airport, (will go to Downtown Disney tomorrow) but its funny it allows me into my booking, not the seat map, but not on-line check in.

I am in PE, maybe its oversold???

The check in list shows my flight is available.

I did pre select seats months ago, and of course flew out a few weeks back, we shall see.

Well currently in Orlando on VS0028 Tuesday, on line check in showed as available since 17.55 but it will not allow me to complete the process saying I must go to the airport, (will go to Downtown Disney tomorrow) but its funny it allows me into my booking, not the seat map, but not on-line check in.

I am in PE, maybe its oversold???

The check in list shows my flight is available.

I did pre select seats months ago, and of course flew out a few weeks back, we shall see.

Did you do online check in on the way out ? How did you find it ?

I went online ages ago and selected our seats as 4 together across the middle.

Are these not guarenteed then? Will I have to go online and check in to confirm them?

I must confess I booked seats at the back for the outward journey - I have since found these are not great seats so if I can change these it will be great.

Yeahh I'd prefer to do online check-in so we can get seats together, but I have no idea which airline to check in with :confused3 At the airport, I have to go to the Virgin desk, but the eTicket I've been sent is Continental's. How confusing these codeshares are!

Just an update - I've rung both Virgin and Continental and they've told me that you check in online with the flight operator, so I'll be checking in on Virgin's website. I just thought I'd post in case anyone has a similar problem in the future :)

I'm off to the hotel in Gatwick in 2 hours!!!
And we fly in 25 hours, 6 minutes - not that I'm counting or anything :banana:

Did you do online check in on the way out ? How did you find it ?

I checked in on the way out without issue, I called the USA Virgin reservations line last night who also said they couldnt get in on line but the website may be busy and try later, I explained I have tried for four hours, they did confirm the seat numbers from pre allocation, trying this morning, 6am here, its still the same blocked so off to DTD.

I checked in on the way out without issue, I called the USA Virgin reservations line last night who also said they couldnt get in on line but the website may be busy and try later, I explained I have tried for four hours, they did confirm the seat numbers from pre allocation, trying this morning, 6am here, its still the same blocked so off to DTD.

The flight is very full
Zero seats available in Economy, only two showing on ticket class for PE
UC has one seat spae
the seat map is showing all economy full and the same for PE
UC one seat only free 9A

Just an update - I've rung both Virgin and Continental and they've told me that you check in online with the flight operator, so I'll be checking in on Virgin's website. I just thought I'd post in case anyone has a similar problem in the future :)

We are both very very jelous :guilty:

But only 6 days of work left. And now we can say we go to Mickey's house THIS MONTH :banana:

I went online ages ago and selected our seats as 4 together across the middle.

Are these not guarenteed then? Will I have to go online and check in to confirm them?

I must confess I booked seats at the back for the outward journey - I have since found these are not great seats so if I can change these it will be great.

Looking at what I have been told on here. They are only 'guestimates' I think to make sure you have those seats then you have to book in as early as you can so the online check in helps ! :)

Enjoy !

The flight is very full
UC has one seat spae
UC one seat only free 9A

Oh well Andrew Let us know when you get home. Sounds as though you may have to extend your visa ! :rotfl2:

Howellsy said:

We must be on the same flight! VS027? I'm writing this from my cabin at Yotel :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

The flight is very full
UC has one seat spae
UC one seat only free 9A

Oh well Andrew Let us know when you get home. Sounds as though you may have to extend your visa ! :rotfl2:

Thank you both cant type much on my laptop on battery at MCO, our flight is just coming up to gate 83 from London 4.35pm is said to leave at 6.40pm tonight, 45 min delay,

Checked in at DTD at 8.30am, long queues, the PE seats have been moved a bit a set of 4, one row forward so we have the exit doors in the bump.

So thats ok, no reaosn for not getting on to online check in, bar saying the site was very busy.

I'd like to check in online, but won't have access to a printer. Do you have to print the boarding pass before you get to bag drop, or can they do it for you?

I'd like to check in online, but won't have access to a printer. Do you have to print the boarding pass before you get to bag drop, or can they do it for you?

You don't have to print your boarding pass, they can do that at bag drop. On the way back we do on line check in but have not printer and they just give you your boarding card when you drop your cases off.

Hi, last year I did on line checking in with virgin very easy no problems checked my seats, ordered childs meal etc. went straight to bag drop at the airport ( printed my own boarding card) my husband was not convinced it would work and worried all the way to the airport!!! happy to say it worked a treat.

OK just to close this on my said, the flight left 45 mins late last night went up via New York and surfed the jet stream making it a bit bumpy but arrived 5 mins early.

We had exit row seats and the ones behind, presume they took us offline when deciding on that, PE was full on families UC said they had a seat but they wouldn't break anyone up, we had a passenger on the flight attendants seat near PE Kitchen.

Others did check in on line I saw the slips at embarkation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter