VIP Tours since reopening

twodogs

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done a VIP tour since reopening? I am wondering if they are operating, and if so, can you park hop back and forth at any time of the day, or do you have to wait for 1pm? What is the ride access like now in post-COVID times? I am fairly certain that ROTR BGs are still not available from the Plaid, but correct me please if this has changed. Any other details are appreciated. We have done VIP tours pre-COVID but not post.

I booked one for June. They are very clear, no access to ROTR with a plaid, if you get a boarding group for that day, you will be brought to the line like everyone else. They actually don’t recommend it as it’s a good chunk of time wasted. They stress that it’s a ride focus tour, eg no shows or parades given there are none.
A wavier also needs to be signed which basically states if you get COVID it’s not Disney’s fault. Park hopping is allowed, and access is via the fast pass lines.

I booked one for June. They are very clear, no access to ROTR with a plaid, if you get a boarding group for that day, you will be brought to the line like everyone else. They actually don’t recommend it as it’s a good chunk of time wasted. They stress that it’s a ride focus tour, eg no shows or parades given there are none.
A wavier also needs to be signed which basically states if you get COVID it’s not Disney’s fault. Park hopping is allowed, and access is via the fast pass lines.
Sry didn’t realize this was for DL.

Interesting, you can't get ROTR as part of a VIP tour? I would think that would be one of the perks to the service!

I did a VIP Tour a week ago, but was not the organizer and also missed the start of the tour -- So I did not get the full description of changes.
A partial list of changes:
  • Tours must start in the Esplanade near the stroller rentals
  • A waiver must be signed
  • Park hopping at any time
  • Guests must get their own ROTR boarding group, but guide might be able to adjust the boarding time (I missed this part of the tour)
  • Guide cannot ride attractions
  • Guide cannot join guests for meals

On Saturday, we saw two parties with plaids in the ROTR queue and I thought to myself, they are wasting precious time! We also saw a celebrity go in immediately a different way so they must still get special treatment. It was not that popular of a person too.

On Saturday, we saw two parties with plaids in the ROTR queue and I thought to myself, they are wasting precious time! We also saw a celebrity go in immediately a different way so they must still get special treatment. It was not that popular of a person too.
We've seen an EDM DJ who is significantly C list and not known to anyone outside of the EDM world and even then. Full special treatment front of the line everything.

We are booked for a VIP tour next week and just received an email from them stating they just had a change in policy that now allows the Plaids to access both ROTR and WS.

Up until that email an hour ago they had been very clear that those two rides were NOT included with the tour. It also came with not an insignificant hourly price bump with the option to keep the old rate without access to either ride.

I did a VIP Tour a week ago, but was not the organizer and also missed the start of the tour -- So I did not get the full description of changes.
A partial list of changes:
  • Tours must start in the Esplanade near the stroller rentals
  • A waiver must be signed
  • Park hopping at any time
  • Guests must get their own ROTR boarding group, but guide might be able to adjust the boarding time (I missed this part of the tour)
  • Guide cannot ride attractions
  • Guide cannot join guests for meals
We did a tour a week or so after you. The waiver has to be signed by EVERYONE in the party, with guardians signing for kids. (I had had everyone wait for me while I went to go "pick up" the guide.)

Also, when we did it, the guides couldn't eat at the same table but could join us at an adjoining table. Thought it was interesting!

We are booked for a VIP tour next week and just received an email from them stating they just had a change in policy that now allows the Plaids to access both ROTR and WS.

Up until that email an hour ago they had been very clear that those two rides were NOT included with the tour. It also came with not an insignificant hourly price bump with the option to keep the old rate without access to either ride.

This is amazing news. I have one booked for August and I was REALLY hoping this would be an option. I haven't heard yet if that will be available to us.

This is amazing news. I have one booked for August and I was REALLY hoping this would be an option. I haven't heard yet if that will be available to us.
We've got a VIP tour in WDW coming up. I really hope that this is an option then. My daughter hasn't ridded RotR yet and I'd love to get her on it.

Hi all!
For those who have gone on the VIP tour - is it worth the money? I'm going to Disneyland for Christmas and I wanted to surprise my mom with a VIP tour.

Hi all!
For those who have gone on the VIP tour - is it worth the money? I'm going to Disneyland for Christmas and I wanted to surprise my mom with a VIP tour.

IMO Yes if budget allows. You can do more in one VIP Tour than most people do in three days then that allows you to "stop and smell the roses" and do all the little things at the parks on subsequent days that you would normally pass up heading to the next attraction to wait in line for.

Now with that if my choices were only one day in the parks with a VIP Tour or three days without I would choose the three days.

Hi all!
Absolutely. And book it as early as you possibly can, given that it will be Christmas. As in, call today. You don’t pay at the time of booking and it is fully cancelable and refundable up to 48 hours beforehand, so there is no downside to reserving your tour.

Absolutely. And book it as early as you possibly can, given that it will be Christmas. As in, call today. You don’t pay at the time of booking and it is fully cancelable and refundable up to 48 hours beforehand, so there is no downside to reserving your tour.

Is there a minimum/maximum amount of time we can have a Guest Services CM? Or is it time limited due to the tour? I'm kind of at a loss for what the tours actually are. I just want a "Plaid" person.

Is there a minimum/maximum amount of time we can have a Guest Services CM? Or is it time limited due to the tour? I'm kind of at a loss for what the tours actually are. I just want a "Plaid" person.
7 hour minimum, between $425 and $650 per hour depending on the day/season. At Christmas it will probably be the highest price. The guide will get you express entrance to whatever rides you want to do and arrange for seating for shows or parades.

Used to be 6 hours, now 7 hour min. No Max, you can book them form park open park close if you want. They are your Human instant Fast Pass for your group up to 10 people as well as "expedited access" for about 13 other attractions that do not have FP lines including meet and greets. You can get access to VIP seating for shows and attractions (when running) as well as other perks like free Valet parking at GCH for 2 cars and ability to bypass lines at gates if backed up when busy. hey can also assist with dining reservations ahead of time and during the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter