VIP Tour Guide Recommendations

LYSE

DIS Veteran
Next week we are doing a VIP Tour and are interested in knowing if any of you have any guides you absolutely loved? Especially if they were good with your kids.

We are a party of 8:
5 Adults (one 18 y/o)
Kids aged 15,11 and a 4 year old birthday girl.

I've read some guides walk fast and don't really look back, and while we would like to get a lot done we would much prefer someone who would be more relaxed and engaged, especially with the kids.

Any other tips about the tour would be appreciated too since this is the first time and quite possibly the only time we do this.

There is a VIP guide named TOM that is excellent. Request him if you can.

HAVE a plan! Knowing up front what general order you want to do the parks in and the rides. We typically end at MK when I've done tours.

The guide cannot eat with you nor ride with you. But he can grab water/drinks/snacks for your group while you ride. If you can, plan a meal before you meet your guide and then at the end of your tour to ensure you don't spend valuable time stopping to eat beyond a little snack.

We loved Raevon! He was awesome. We are requesting him again the next time we do a tour.

Snack throughout the day so you don't waste time sitting for a meal. You can also snack in the van between parks. I think you have to sit down to eat in the parks, but that could be on a bench, etc. not necessarily at a table.

We also end at MK. Book an ADR for when your tour is finished. You'll probably be hungry and exhausted.

I've read some guides walk fast and don't really look back, and while we would like to get a lot done we would much prefer someone who would be more relaxed and engaged, especially with the kids.
If that is so, then there was poor communication between the tour guide and the group. Its up to the group to tell the tour guide what they want to see and the pace at which they are comfortable.

Requesting a particular guide by name right now is a bit tricky. While a year ago VIP Tours may have been running with well over 100 guides, right now they are down to about 40. VIP Tours was hit hard by the CM layoffs, with a majority of the guides that were status-ed to VIP Tours laid off, and those guides that were often temporarily pulled from other roles to do tours are currently not being allowed to return to VIP Tours. And even if the guide you request is still working as a guide at this point, you may also run into the issue of them already being scheduled for another tour or your tour falling on one of their days off. So while you can certainly still try to request a particular guide, I would recommend calling or emailing DSS with a description of what you are hoping for in a guide and leave it to the VIP Tours team to assign you someone who will be a good fit for your group.

while we would like to get a lot done we would much prefer someone who would be more relaxed and engaged, especially with the kids.
Basically, tell DSS exactly this. They'll add it to the notes on your tour, so the guide will be able see it and know you don't want to feel rushed.

Next week we are doing a VIP Tour and are interested in knowing if any of you have any guides you absolutely loved? Especially if they were good with your kids.

We are a party of 8:
5 Adults (one 18 y/o)
Kids aged 15,11 and a 4 year old birthday girl.

Any other tips about the tour would be appreciated too since this is the first time and quite possibly the only time we do this.

I'm excited to read your review of the VIP tour when you return. My 60 day booking window opens on Saturday and we're going to book the VIP tour for our DD's 12th birthday in March. I was also going to ask the same question, if anyone had any suggestions on asking for certain tour guides that they had positive experiences with on past tours. Thanks to everyone that posted their experience with their tour guides and included names, I've written some of those names down to hopefully request when I book on Saturday. LYSE, I hope you have a magical trip and a wonderful VIP tour.

We've used Tom twice, and would do so again.

As for the pace, you get to tell your guide how you want the day to go. Decide on what you want to accomplish and the guide will tell you what's possible.

It can be a long day (8hrs) for a 4yr old as there's natural tendency for the adults & teens to move at a quicker pace.

On our last tour, just me and my 18yr old daughter, we only stopped for drinks, no sit down lunch and managed to do the following in 8hrs:

VIP Tour 12/18/19

MK

Jingle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Space Mountain

Epcot

Soarin’
Mission Space
Test Track

AK

Dinosaur
Everest
Flight of Passage

HS

Rockin Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog Dash
Smugglers Run

VIP Tour is Tomorrow...can't wait!

We have a list of rides spread over two parks, I think it's a tall order but we'll see....quick question we haven't heard anything from them ever since they confirmed we all had tickets/park reservations about a week ago, I guess I was expecting a confirmation/reminder today (the day before the tour) am I over thinking it?

We ended up getting paired with Elyse, she was amazing! The older kids managed to do 20 rides, she was really great about letting us split off so my 4 year old wasn't just bored waiting for the big kids, she managed 12 rides...not bad for a 4 year old!

Will booking a VIP tour get you on Rise?
Only if your name is Neil Patrick Harris. They have not added RotR to VIP yet, it may be added in the future.

Once fireworks and night shows come back, you can time the end of your last hour for them to get you seated in preferred before the guide leaves your group. That's a nice bonus :)

Pre-covid we alway had the tour end at the fireworks show. Not having to wait for hours prior to get a great seat is worth it. We always break down at the end and ask them to drive us back to the hotel as the day is so exhausting. We've tracked our steps and our tour days are a lot more then our normal park days. Most people don't believe that but you end up doing so much more.

what does a tour cost?
I would like to know as well. In all my trips I have never even thought about or looked into one. But we are going with a bigger group this year and it might be a neat things to do. But honestly, I do not know anything about them as far as costs, booking, what they include, etc....

Pricing: Ranging from $425 to $750 per hour, depending on the season. Minimum of 7hrs, up to 10ppl.

Pricing: Ranging from $425 to $750 per hour, depending on the season. Minimum of 7hrs, up to 10ppl.
Good info, what determines the amount as far as 425-750? Is it what you choose to do with your time? Or are there other factors?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter