• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP Room Cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Yes I did have to post my family's health concern's there. Because I was getting alot of negative feedback there also. Who would have thought that asking for advice on keeping your family healthy while on vacation would cause drama :confused3. I think I will limit my post to DVC boards and the DISabilities board from now on. Thanks to all that were helpful.
I'm truly sorry if you felt that you were poorly treated. I'm sure nobody wanted that to happen. Answers given will vary depending on the info given. So, someone having a person with health issues in their group will get different advice from someone who just wants a 'clean' room.....and understandably so. I think we can all agree that everyone deserves a clean roon upon arrival. But someone with immune issues really is going to need a room that is cleaner than normal. And I think you got that answer for the most part. Have a wonderfully healthy trip. I truly hope you all stay healthy.

The poor housekeepers are too busy creating towel animals so their guests stop whining about them to clean the rooms properly.:lmao:

Lets discontinue towel animals!:rotfl:

Bullying?? I haven't seen anyone bullying anyone else. Just for info's sake, the OP did actually post as to her family's health concerns in her thread on the Transportation Board. Not in her first post, but further along.

Yes I did have to post my family's health concern's there. Because I was getting alot of negative feedback there also. Who would have thought that asking for advice on keeping your family healthy while on vacation would cause drama :confused3. I think I will limit my post to DVC boards and the DISabilities board from now on. Thanks to all that were helpful.

Jonell, I hope you'll stick around. By and large, the DISboards folks are a friendly bunch, and I'm very sorry that things went off the rails on this thread. It didn't need to happen.

I'll agree that 'bullying' is perhaps too strong a word for what happened here, but this thread does represent a trend I'm seeing way too much of on these boards......jumping to conclusions about other's (supposedly evil) motivations in asking a question. Whether it's just an assumption, or based on 'detective work', looking up previous threads, it's always based on incomplete information. And it's just about always totally irrelevant to answering the question. And often quite offensive to the poster who asks a simple question and gets jumped on.

Here's how this thread might have gone:

OP: What's a VIP cleaning?

Us: It's a cleaning service provided for guests with special medical needs. What's included varies depending on the specific medical condition, for example, special cleaning agents can be used if the guest has chemical sensitivities. When you call to request the cleaning, just describe your medical needs, and they'll let you know what cleaning services are available.

See, it IS possible to answer the question without the OP providing any specific medical information at all. That answer also makes clear that it's for specific medical needs, which also informs the questioner that it's not just 'better cleaning', without making assumptions and accusations.

I assure you, the folks who arrange for the VIP cleanings are very well able to determine when a caller's requesting a cleaning for a 'wrong' reason. And it's up to them to explain their own policies to that caller. Whether or not they choose to grant that cleaning request is ENTIRELY UP TO DISNEY. We don't get to decide. It's their business.....literally. And they're well able to handle it.

Jonell, I hope you'll stick around. By and large, the DISboards folks are a friendly bunch, and I'm very sorry that things went off the rails on this thread. It didn't need to happen.

I'll agree that 'bullying' is perhaps too strong a word for what happened here, but this thread does represent a trend I'm seeing way too much of on these boards......jumping to conclusions about other's (supposedly evil) motivations in asking a question. Whether it's just an assumption, or based on 'detective work', looking up previous threads, it's always based on incomplete information. And it's just about always totally irrelevant to answering the question. And often quite offensive to the poster who asks a simple question and gets jumped on.

Us: It's a cleaning service provided for guests with special medical needs. What's included varies depending on the specific medical condition, for example, special cleaning agents can be used if the guest has chemical sensitivities. When you call to request the cleaning, just describe your medical needs, and they'll let you know what cleaning services are available.

See, it IS possible to answer the question without the OP providing any specific medical information at all. That answer also makes clear that it's for specific medical needs, which also informs the questioner that it's not just 'better cleaning', without making assumptions and accusations.

I assure you, the folks who arrange for the VIP cleanings are very well able to determine when a caller's requesting a cleaning for a 'wrong' reason. And it's up to them to explain their own policies to that caller. Whether or not they choose to grant that cleaning request is ENTIRELY UP TO DISNEY. We don't get to decide. It's their business.....literally. And they're well able to handle it.

Thank you. That is the type I response I was looking for when I started the thread. I have gotten so many tips and gained knowledge of Disney since discovering this site. I visit it almost daily and enjoy reading post. I just recently started posting more often. I will have to remember in the future that apparently some topics are sensitive.

Hi. I'm far from a germaphobe, but shouldn't all the rooms be deep cleaned after each guest(s) departure? Deep cleaning meaning NO dust, bathroom mirrors cleaned and bathroom/bedroom spotless. There have been a lot of complaints lately about the sub par house cleaning at WDW. I personallhy don't have a problem with this when I stay at other deluxe hotels such as the Hilton and Marriott. A semi dirty room at WDW should be unacceptable.

brunette

First off I don't work for disney so I'm not sure why you directed the question to me directly.....and second as I said you don't like how your room was cleaned you should be contacting house keeping and management.....

First off I don't work for disney so I'm not sure why you directed the question to me directly.....and second as I said you don't like how your room was cleaned you should be contacting house keeping and management.....

I know you "don't work for Disney".

That said, with the prices Disney charges for a room, I don't feel it's out of line to ask that each and every new guest receive a room that is free from most common contaminents.

If I am paying (which I do) large sums of money for a room, it darn well better be darn clean.

Not a lot to ask.

brunette:wizard:

However, as long as it is allowed to be "generically" asked/discussed on the Resorts board, suspicions and assumptions will arise. This is a special service provided for the disabled, therefore, it's my opinion that this subject is best left contained to the DISability board only.

Perhaps bullying was too strong a word for what was happening. But you hit the nail on the head about too much jumping to conclusions. Your example of how the question could have been answered was perfect. Thanks.

Our family had a great experience with VIP cleaning last year at WL, my son and I react to chemical smells and bleach cleaners, we requested no chemicals be used and WL did a great job, they used vinegar for our sinks etc instead of bleach.
I recently stayed at a Hilton in SLC and had a horrible reaction to their scented carpet cleaner used in our room, they were not at all helpful.
So thankful Disney is sensitive to the green movement because so many children react adversely to bleach and chemical cleaners especially those with autism, there bodies retain toxins and do not process them as they should.

Perhaps bullying was too strong a word for what was happening. But you hit the nail on the head about too much jumping to conclusions. Your example of how the question could have been answered was perfect. Thanks.

It is easy to jump to conclusions when the OP fails to give out information. The post over on the transportation board that she felt wasn't helpful, she had stated she had a sick child last trip, and that she planned on spraying her room down with lysol, and was wondering what she could do on the plane to make it more germ free. Many people just told her not to spray lysol on the airplane, as it would cause other people problems.

So at first it did sound like she just wanted a special deep cleaning of her room in the hopes that it would keep her child from getting sick, which is not what that service is for. I already apologized for that. This just goes to show that if you ask a question and only give out partial or wrong info, people can draw the wrong conclusions. As happened on both threads.

It is easy to jump to conclusions when the OP fails to give out information. The post over on the transportation board that she felt wasn't helpful, she had stated she had a sick child last trip, and that she planned on spraying her room down with lysol, and was wondering what she could do on the plane to make it more germ free. Many people just told her not to spray lysol on the airplane, as it would cause other people problems.

So at first it did sound like she just wanted a special deep cleaning of her room in the hopes that it would keep her child from getting sick, which is not what that service is for. I already apologized for that. This just goes to show that if you ask a question and only give out partial or wrong info, people can draw the wrong conclusions. As happened on both threads.
Exactly. It seemed to some of us who were reading the airplane thread that she started this one because she wasn't getting a lot of traction with her idea of dosing her room in Lysol because she didn't want her son to get sick again. And while she eventually made it clear the real reason was because her DH was immunodeficient, it wasn't until after she started this thread. We can only offer advise based on the information that we given.

I did not originally mention my husband in the post because he is private about his medical issues. His medical problems are fairly new and he is having some difficulty accepting them. I discussed some of his health concerns related to the trip on the DISabilities board with his permission. Out of respect for him I did not include him in the original posts. Yes my child was sick 2 years ago while at Disney but we have had 2 trips since without problems. My main concern now is my husband. It was my mistake to start this thread on this board instead of the DISabilities board, but I had no ideal it was going to cause problems. My reason for starting the post was to find out if the cleaning was only for allergies or would it benefit the immunosuppressed. After speaking to Disney and explaining the situation they will clean the room accordingly. It was Disney's deceision whether or not to grant my request and they will. I was only looking for some friendly advice not judgement. I guess were going to add "VIP Room Cleaning" and "Avoiding Germs" to the forbidden thread list.

We had it done on our last trip to CR because my daughter has bad allergies and can not use harsh detergents or cleaners with any scent. They did a good job and everyday they dropped off blankets for her bed that were washed separately, I guess. There was no strong smell of cleaners but maybe that was because her allergy is to harsh detergents with scent.

Thanks for this information. I have made special request for clients before but never heard first hand of the service provided. :)

Exactly. It seemed to some of us who were reading the airplane thread that she started this one because she wasn't getting a lot of traction with her idea of dosing her room in Lysol because she didn't want her son to get sick again. And while she eventually made it clear the real reason was because her DH was immunodeficient, it wasn't until after she started this thread. We can only offer advise based on the information that we given.

Well excuse me if I'm not one of the parents that allows her child lick the hand rails while in line for the rides. Guess what, we wash our hands before we eat and use hand sanitizer when we get of rides, and yes no matter what I will use Lysol spray or wipes in my hotel room. :eek: No matter what my husbands medical conditions is I would still be doing this. I was a health care provider and this is what I was I do.

OK, enough. The OP's gotten the situation resolved with Disney, and will get the cleaning she needs.

If you don't have enough information to answer a question......then don't answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter