Villas Grand Floridian - questions

Peggy Sue

Happy DVC Member
Hi,

We love trying new DVC resorts and have recently booked a 1 bedroom at VGF.

We have a lake view reserved (tried for standard view, but no availability) any opinions on floor to request and/or location?

Is it a long walk from the villas back to the main resort and monorail? Assume you have to walk to the main resort and take the monorail from the platform on the second level?

Are the extra points required to stay here worth the experience? We usually stay at BWV and OKW, which are our home resorts.

What was your favorite feature in the rooms?

Looks like the guest parking isn't too far away from the villas? It also appears check-in is at the villas and not the main resort? Is valet parking available at the villas?

Thanks for your opinions and help!

Peggy Sue

All of the lake views are about the same, it is a very small resort. 5 min walk to the GF and monorail, covered walkway.

Parking is across from the resort, entrance to the right of the BBQ/sports court.

Check in is at the villas if you are driving, DME checks in at the GF, valet is at the GF.

The greeter who looks like a bell services person will help you unload the car but due to union issues, he can't take your luggage to your room. He will put it in the luggage room and bell services will come over from the GF if they aren't hanging out at the villas. They tend to stay at the GF where the tips are especially later in the day.

IMO VGF is well worth it, we added on a fixed week there.

FYI - if you use the soaking tub, it will turn on by itself after your bath to purge water from the bubble channels. It's normal, you don't need to call maintenance. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

QUOTE=Peggy Sue;51739667 Hi,

We love trying new DVC resorts and have recently booked a 1 bedroom at VGF.

We have a lake view reserved (tried for standard view, but no availability) any opinions on floor to request and/or location?

We didn't make a request for recent stay at VGF and got one on the third floor center facing the Poly Bungalows. It was a nice view. I would at the most ask for a high floor.

Is it a long walk from the villas back to the main resort and monorail? Assume you have to walk to the main resort and take the monorail from the platform on the second level?

We found it quicker to walk through the pool area to the side door at GF which is next to the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor where the monorail station is located. Walking normally it took us about 5 minutes from the side exit door at VGF to the monorail station. Maybe longer if you had to use the elevator as the elevator is small and strollers have gotten really big and there often is a line there.

Are the extra points required to stay here worth the experience? We usually stay at BWV and OKW, which are our home resorts.

IMO yes, but we often stay at BLT and are used to spending more points per night than at OKW or a standard view would cost at BWV. I would say if you always wanted to know what it is like to stay at the GF now is your chance. We really enjoyed staying at VGF. We had an excellent meal at Narcoosee's and every CM we met was really nice.

What was your favorite feature in the rooms?

I like the split bathroom in the studio. It would be really nice for families that two could shower at the same time. We liked having a stand alone shower. And the place was bright during the day and well lighted at night.

Looks like the guest parking isn't too far away from the villas? It also appears check-in is at the villas and not the main resort? Is valet parking available at the villas?

Parking is a breeze at VGF. We drove up and dropped off our luggage to a bell services and left the car in the driveway while we checked in. We were greeted at the door and directed to the first available CM for check in. After check in DH moved the car while I took photos of the lobby. The parking is so close and there is a nice walkway right out the front to the parking lot.

Thanks for your opinions and help!

Peggy Sue - end quote

Here is a link to our TR for our stay at VGF in May 2014. Most of the photos of VGF are on page one with a few more on page three.

http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread...nd-learning-to-be-well-traveled-May-June-2014

I stayed there last month in a studio, loved it. This thread has lots of pictures:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3192814

It is a pretty good hike to the monorail station and the bus stop. People complain about BWV, I don't think there's much difference except VGF is more scenic. We wished we could have taken the outside steps up to the monorail station but it's gated.

I stayed there last month in a studio, loved it. This thread has lots of pictures:

It is a pretty good hike to the monorail station and the bus stop. People complain about BWV, I don't think there's much difference except VGF is more scenic. We wished we could have taken the outside steps up to the monorail station but it's gated.

Good example of peoples perceptions, we don't see it as a hike at all. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

I didn't find it a hike to the monorail from VGF, and I am not much of a walker. We would always go out the back door of VGF, thru the pool area, and then go in the side entrance of the GF to the elevator right there. The scenery you pass by is so nice that the walk was actually very pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter