Villas at Yacht and Beach Club-ever upgraded?

momdoc

Mouseketeer
We are going in June to stay at the Yacht and Beach club. We now have 2 adjoining rooms with my parents. Has anyone ever stayed at the Villas? They are so expensive--are they worth it? Has anyone ever been upgraded to a Villa (is this even a possibility?) So many questions... Many thanks to anyone who attempts to answer them :upsidedow

momdoc said:
Has anyone ever been upgraded to a Villa (is this even a possibility?)

I would say it's not even a remote possibility. It might be worth it if you want the extra space or cook meals in your room. :flower:

A cheaper option for the villas is to rent DVC points from a member. You might want to check into that.

momdoc said:
We are going in June to stay at the Yacht and Beach club. We now have 2 adjoining rooms with my parents. Has anyone ever stayed at the Villas? They are so expensive--are they worth it? Has anyone ever been upgraded to a Villa (is this even a possibility?) So many questions... Many thanks to anyone who attempts to answer them :upsidedow
Unless you have booked at the BCV's an upgrade at the BCV's from the regular hotel portions of YC or BC (the regular hotel portion) is VERY UNLIKELY. You may get an upgrade if you're lucky to a better view from say standard view to waterview but not from a regular room at the hotel portion to a 1bdrm or larger at the DVC portion. BCV's is the 2nd smallest of the DVC resorts and although CRO has their own inventory, they only retain 4% of the rooms ...the rest are booked on points by members. To get an upgrade, You'd have to get that room from CRO's inventory and unless they have "extra" which I doubt, there won't be availibility for them to upgrade you anyway. Even if you booked a studio at the BCV's directly through CRO, unless it's a very quiet time of year, an upgrade isn't likely I'd guess since this is such a popular resort that has no problem booking up. But it isn't totally impossible for them to upgrade you...just unlikely..and it would have to be withing there own inventory which as I said is quite small.

As for your question of "are the villas worth it?" ....with a 1bdrm and larger, you get a whole small apartment basicly. You get a master bdrm with a king size bed,bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a stand up shower,a full kitchen which can save on meals if you choose to have a few meals in (either cooking yourself or getting from local less expensive take out and eating in the villa), in room washer and dryer, and a full living room with a pull out sofa and balconys. To book directly through Disney is very expensive but depending on if you'd cook your own meals or not could be worth it. If you rent points from a DVC member for a stay...DEFINETLY worth it !! It can cost only HALF of what you'll pay to stay booking directly through disney.

Anyway, hope that helps some.

Best of luck!:wave:

Oh, by the way...forgot to add...for anyone....if you are booked at ANY of the DVC villas on points (not directly through Disney CRO)....upgrades are practly NON-Existent. The system is set up to not be able to give them out...the only time upgrades have ever occurred staying on points is when something goes wrong with a room already booked due to maintenance issues or unforseen circumstances where for whatever reason, they had to take the room out of use. These upgrades are extremely RARE and only when they couldn't move you withing the same level of what's already been booked.

Just thought I'd throw in that little FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter